What to do in a Hotel room?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by connectgayathri, Nov 18, 2014.

1. connectgayathri

connectgayathri Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    We are shifted to sweden from India last week.We are in the hotel(We didnt get the house till now)My Hus will go to work in the morning.Me and my 7 year little one will be in the hotel room.ill finish my work by morning 8 ,after that i dont know what to do.Can anybody suggest some good ideas to spend the whole day for me and my kid.
    Really it so difficult to kill the time.(Chumma irrukerathu romba kodumai......)
    pls ....
    regards
    Gayathri

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The concierge can help you with transport options. You can try visiting the local attractions, going to a nearby park or library with your child or just strolling in the shopping district.

3. connectgayathri

connectgayathri Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    we will go outside daily...thank you.

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Look up on your towns homepage what activities there are:
    - libraries - sometimes they have also story telling/book reading groups for children, also in english
    - swimming - public swimming pools are common and fees very moderate
    - playgrounds, sometimes also with organised indoor activities for cildren
    - some NGOs arrange discussions groups to learn swedish for new comers
    - explore local attractions (museums, childrens museums etc)

Useful information:
    Start
    Swedish for immigrants - stockholm.se
    Indians in Sweden - Indian expats in Sweden | InterNations.org

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Is it really boring to spend some quality days in a hotel in Sweeden?

Try to discover each and everything from the hotel from the morning hours. Enjoy the variety of B'fast and lunches. Then take a good nap together with your little one. Meanwhile try to browse net, pick up the basic language through the net, and watch TV if one is available there.

Then in the evening, take a walk to the street, try shoping and learn to adjust with the new city. Get to know the streets, market, people, church etc..etc.... Get the help from the hotel staff... Try to make new friends within the hotel staff as a beginning.

Get to know about the area where you can establish your life in Sweeden. Get to know about the place where Indian people live, Indian restaurants etc..etc...

Also, enjoy the fresh pool and stuff. also try to see if there is any spa or child friendly thing available for both of you to enjoy.

Then guide your H as per your learning upon his return. Also, if possible try to cook your own food within available hotel stuff. Get to know the reliable hotel staff (possibly female) is helpful

6. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

A few other things came to my mind. Now you have to do house hunting (or have already found the place). Visiting the area, checking out the local services. You can also do research about the schools, even visiting them as you have time during the day.

1 person likes this.