Secret of not being lazy

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by painkiller, Oct 24, 2014.

1. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

I think this post though it wont give you an answer but the replies which my come might help everyone.
    Can anyone share your experience of how we can get rid of laziness?
    i dont know if its tiredness as homemaker or laziness but constant urge to sit wiht laptop to learn makes me hate cooking,cleaning,household activities.

2 people like this.

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Don't underestimate laziness. Humans wouldn't have gotten this far, had they not been lazy. :coffee

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Depends on what you are doing when you say you have the urge to 'learn from the laptop'. Are you doing an online course, or learning something related to potential employment? If so, then you shouldn't feel guilty spending that time online.

4. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

No im the worlds most confused person. il start browsing for courses leanrning for two days then search for job then search for painting contest then search for decorating house like that i keep trying to land somewhere solidly but end nowhere.
    ultimately these thoughts are distracted by household activities so i tend to lose both.
    Not able to manage and focus feeling restless that i should earn in some way.

5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Try the pomodoro technique. Basically, you set a 25 minute timer and work on any one thing during that period. Focus completely on that task. Don't make plans for future work or get diverted into doing something else. After the 25 minutes are up, you get a 5 minute break to do whatever you want. Keep repeating this throughout the day. After 4 pomodoros you can take a longer 15-20 minutes break. You can find many pomodoro apps for the phone as well as browser addons.

Check these out,

Tomighty
    Tomato Timer

The good thing is that you only have to focus for 25 minutes at a time. On day one you might only successfully complete 2 pomodoros, but if you persist you will find your productivity increase dramatically. For visual gratification, get a refrigerator board and write the number of truly productive pomodoros for each day. Soon you'll find yourself wanting to break the previous day's record.

Remember pick up one task at a time, and no cheating during a pomodoro. You can use this for housework, as well as job search or other learning related tasks. Keep idle browsing, like Indusladies, for the break time. ;)

4 people like this.