Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Yes, but only for 24 hours, after which the answer is posted in some mildly encrypted form.

2. sokanasanah

Aria, when you are ready, you can do the honors and spell out your approach to the solution and the connections to the original statement. Just to convince rOaR that we mean well in this thread, that nothing is designed to drive her to the crazy-house!

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Trivial, it was not! From the invention of braille to every single painting of the resurrection ever made... way too much Google foo was required to find our simian lord.

1 person likes this.
  4. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Please find answer for above puzzle below

Why don't we change the font color to white to make it invisble?

(highlight the post to see the answer)

1 person likes this.
  5. sokanasanah

:rotfl
    Sure it is, if you follow the path laid out for you. Perhaps you went all "Deep Blue" on it while what was required was "Watson"?
    Will explain later!

6. sokanasanah

Disappearing ink, why not indeed? That's perfect!
    Except that we need a clear, consistent caveat at the top, lest some admin assume it's a bug (or a troll) and delete all answer posts!

7. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Iniquitous! Grossly unjust! Why is it that when you edit the post, there is no chalk-grating, misaligned, unaesthetic wanna pull my hairs "Last edited by: ***" not displayed.

Someone thinks Gold members are less prone to commit mistakes! (askance)

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Yes, I will do the honours of briefing her in few hours what diabolical Quizmaster and his crafty methods are unleashed here!

Roar, welcome to the thread :wave:

1 person likes this.
  9. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

I'm ready digging into tiramisu cheesecake & lemon posset. I think I need new clothes for this Christmas.

Roar (and to any passive lurking readers) ,

This thread is less about point-to-point Q and A but more of an exercise to challenge your problem solving techniques (atleast some of the puzzles). The identity of the image is like a rigid pip buried in layers of riddling but translucent clues, sometimes a layer is enough to see it, sometimes you might have to peel more layers. The fun part is how to peel those layers and what to make of them, some are slippery like a eel where you try to peel and it slips out of your hand (you know what it is but don't know how it is related), some are roughspun jutting out in different directions and you don't know which one to chase, but add up everything and form a composite textual companion to describe the puzzle in your own words and wiggle your toes, slip that heel , do you still need a shoehorn ?

My interpretation of the clues : (not endorsed by Soka)

What is happening this week, flip through the previous puzzle, if you have cracked (or the answer is out) , skim through it, 87-year old, an octogenarian artist, cartoonist.

After reading the puzzle, the various approaches one can take to arrive at the answer:

1. If you search "<qualifier> painter" , first page in search results has 3 entries with reference to the painter without even reading full passage.
    2. Are there any foreign words that piqued your interest in that puzzle post? If you are a hoarder of linguistic curios, you will not pass this chance to look up the word and as soon as you look up , you have the answer. Why did you he use that word, yeh that maverick ritalian does that, but if you notice anything curious enough it is for a reason to incite curiosity.
    3. "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders" . Who is he? Can you think of someone , if you know the answer a search even with crude criteria "old lady painting <whom>" will take you somewhere to fine tune further based on the results.

So the puzzles are not really about knowing the first person who reached Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen but deducing that the puzzle is referring to someone who accomplished that task. The answer is always a click away but from where? locus of plausibility if you followed the directional clues properly, it is okay if more certainty was not introduced as long as scope of ambiguity was reduced in your parsing of clues.

Again you don't have to crack all the clues but every decryption and conjoining of the clue bolsters that you are in the right path.

Ah, in the beginning I was all over the place , wild , runaway, but some controlled oscillations, reflective ferrying back and forth, tamed me these days.

10. sokanasanah

I decided that I am going to use invisible ink (white font) as suggested by Aria for smaller posts and some other mild encryption for the longer posts. This is simply to avoid the barren visual effect produced by a long ‘empty’ post.

Answer to previous puzzle below.