Anyone got benefit from freelancer.com?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by SuccessQueen, Jul 3, 2014.

1. SuccessQueen

SuccessQueen New IL'ite

Did anyone used freelancer.com website and received money? I m looking to do software testing projects in that website,but it's asking me my bank details. Is it worth sharing our card details? I m on h4 visa with 6 years of software testing knowledge. Wanna use my talent and experience.

Appreciate your help on this ladies...!!!

2. kepol

kepol New IL'ite

Hi Successqueen
    Freelancer.com is a good site where we can use our expertise and make money from home. My husband uses the site and many of his friends made money. As per my experience giving bank details is not a problem because it is secure.
    Wish you all the best and luck..

3. SuccessQueen

SuccessQueen New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Kepol...:)

4. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Many websites out there may be legit, but once I was asked for my bank details (many years ago). My husband suggested I open a new bank account. Back then there was a credit union where I lived where you could open an account for as little as $10. I did that and gave the details. It was some home based job. I got paid one time and was excited, but after that all the funds were taken out. I am glad I listened to my husband and opened this .... lost about $50.

If at all possible, go ahead and open a checking account with the minimum possible so that even if its a scam you will still be relatively safe.

5. SuccessQueen

SuccessQueen New IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your experience DKI...it means a lot to me..:)

6. Shanaya909

Shanaya909 Junior IL'ite

To be frank freelancer website was a confusing one for me. By the time you figure out what exactly you have to do, you end up spending a lot of time on the website. I wish there could be an easier way of getting freelancing projects instead of bidding for them.