Software Testing-Daily mutual support group to do ISTQB Certication & in Job hunt!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by EnlightenedSoul, May 14, 2014.

1. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    This thread is for who are opt to do ISTQB Certification and preparing for job interviews in software testing.
    i am planning to do ISTQB - ANZTB (Test Analyst) Exam in 3 months(approximately), August and side by side prepare for interview so that I can also attend any interview opportunities.
    I feel, that than to do the work solely and monotonously,
    it would be better if we interact with each other, and just discuss what we have studied today and our plan for tomorrow and whatever opinion we may have on daily basis, so that we can motivate and help each other in the progress.

Anybody out there who are opt to write ISTQB Exam and/or to prepare for interview, and ready to accompany in our progress?

1 person likes this.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Re: Software Testing-Daily mutual support group to do ISTQB Certication & in Job hunt

Idea is not to discourage you but aren't these certifications just " Nice to have".Learn automation and you will be taken as hot cake!

But your decision is to go for the EXAM.. Good Luck.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  3. EnlightenedSoul

Re: Software Testing-Daily mutual support group to do ISTQB Certication & in Job hunt

JustAnotherMom, Thanks for your suggestion.

about the decision of doing certification,
    I am having long gap of 8 years because of marriage and kid, and also since I got married immediately after marriage, so no work experience too.
    i did a course in QTP, QC & LR while in India(2012). Cleared foundation level in 2012. So again 2013 is a gap.
    To add some value to my resume, I want to do the certification.
    then any have I need to study manual testing (60% of exam's syllabus) for interview, if I prepare extra 40%, I can add the certification qualification in my resume.
    About automation, I can prepare QTP, QC & LR theoretically, since the software is very costly.
    This is where I am now, and any of your suggestions are most welcome, if you think I am wrong somewhere.

4. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

QTP can be installed in laptop as now many older versions are available to download and practice it .. all companys are looking for automation testers but even then they work for manual .. thats the trend in india..

5. EnlightenedSoul

Thanks for the information. I check it out and install if it's available.

6. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

Try to learn the framework design...

1 person likes this.
  7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

One thing is unless you have experience less people will hire you. This is my experience.

1 person likes this.
  8. Thenral

Thenral New IL'ite

Hi EnlightenedSoul, All the best for your exams. Have you enrolled for it?

1 person likes this.
  9. lavanya2000

lavanya2000 Bronze IL'ite

Friend - Concentrate on Selenium & its related frameworks (i.e. TestENG) and other option is gaining experience on tools like cucumber or ruby related test tools..
    UI based test tools are loosing market (particularly outside of India)...
    Its all about agile...and being agile..

2 people like this.
  10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

1) http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/python
    2)www.coursera.com ( Free Classes )
    3)Selenium - Web Browser Automation
    4)www.testiatarantula.com/ ( free tool to manage test cases)
    5)Bugzilla Free tool to report to file tickets.
    6)
    https://www.utest.com/ ( once you start filing bugs to them, they pay... It works in US, I don't know about other countries)
    Whatever Smrithi said, I also Agree. Try to find some unpaid internship.

Just to motivate you I'm a non engineering grad who started career after 13 years of gap.. Its hard, but its possible.
    Its comes with lot of hard work and bit of luck.

Good luck dear

4 people like this.