Career advice plss!!!!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by shalsraaj, Feb 6, 2014.

1. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am in urgent need of career advice for my husband. He has got 6 years of experience in banking sales and is a TL. I want him to come out of sales (he is getting extremely tensed and has got high BP at the age of 27). But I am afraid that he will have start his career from step1 if he had to change his career stream. Is there a way where he can still be a TL and change the stream, as lead roles will focus more on management skills?
    If you feel like any training will help him, please share the details. We would be fine if he is able to get 25K per month as net pay.

Your valuable suggestions are highly welcome.

Thanks,
    Shalini

2. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILS,

I am awaiting your suggestions... Please provide asap

3. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

One of our relative had a same problem, he was in sales in Banking and Insurance company for more than 15 years. He is also very work alcoholic and even got diabetic due to tension with sales.

But from the beginning he didn't like sales career, just because he started and couldn't stop as family responsibilities. He shifted to other Bank, thinking he will be pleasant there, but there more tension than the earlier company, more pressure, he couldn't achieve target, finally he was asked to leave.

Then he shifted his career to Training, he likes giving training, but he struggled for few months to get a Training job. Since he was in the industry for 15 years Banking and Insurance, he got a very good post in Training department in a good insurance company.

So, better find out, what your husbands passion, what kind of job he likes, then ask him to do some course in that and ask him try that line of job. Good luck.

4. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

In case if he is interested in this current job also, ask him to attend some management course like Emotional Empowerment or Anger Management. There are plenty of management courses which will help to manage the team. If he is more stressed, then ask him to attend some yoga classes, it will help reducing tensions.

5. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Thanks all. Will 1 year MBA help him?

6. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Actually you said he has more tension at work. You have to find out what can do for reducing tension at work, ask him handle everything light.

Doing 1 year MBA will only help in promotion, but will not help reducing tension at work.

7. skumars25

skumars25 New IL'ite

I would recommend him to still work on sales but focus around software sales, software product sales and he may not have much tension for sure. Especially enterprise software sales would be a great option.

In terms of reducing high pressure & tension, i would recommend him to take part in yoga.

1 person likes this.
  8. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Whatever level we move in career, if we don't manage tension we will suffer wherever level we are. In fact when we move to higher level we will have more pressure and tension and more responsibilities.

So, first he has concentrate on tension management, anger management, emotional management. We have to groom ourselves for managerial role irrespective of domain.

9. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

MBA is one option .Other Option is PMP certification.

If you see in all top positions, only BDM(Business Development M..) ppl only exist, who can take risk at higher level. These all people , come from sales back ground. They know key people in the market , key strategies to develop the team n etc.

With acquired skills, check out in the same domain, is there any optional skills development to go into higher position. As I said, the risk and tension involved in the positions you move towards up .

Best of Luck.