unable to understand U.S accent

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by MythiliMurali, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

There you go, Mythili. You are on your way now. :thumbsup

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Mythili - first and foremost think of this - you know the language - there are tons of folks here who do not even speak the language - you are way ahead of all of them. Listen to TV - that is the best thing you can do and also listen to the radio. In no time, you will be understanding this very easily!

3. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

I agree that you should watch a lot of local tv as well as listen to radio talk shows, if you find a local person that you can practise your language skills on that is better, you will be surprised to find that a lot of people will be happy to help out!

4. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Shobana,nivedi,sugarnspice
    for your encouraging words.I started watching some movies few days back.Now & then I am more interested in watching them.
    Yesterday I went for applying state ID.Even though the person in the counter is an Indian,I felt so nervous,but he is very kind to me when he noticed my face.
    I can almost face the problems without any fear but when it comes with communication,I feel nervous.
    I will share with my IL frnds further if I find any more improvement.
    regards