Want to start day care in Pune

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Natasha14, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Natasha14

Natasha14 Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,d for
    Can anyone help me in knowing the rule and regulations of opening daycare? is there any education background require for openening day care center?
    looking for your replies. thanks in advance.

sindmani and Saee06 like this.

2. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

A day-care business is somewhat like a babysitting business. Working parents leave their kids with the caregivers for a given time. The kids spend quality time while in the day-care and parents come and collect the kids once done with their own chores. If you have any plans of starting a day-care business in India, this is must read for you. Please feel free to share this information with your contacts planning to start a day-care business anywhere in India.

Some people get confused between a preschool and a day-care center. These both are two different entities, often used interchangeably. A day-care is a facility for the kids to spend their daytime, whereas, a preschool is a facility wherein kids come to attend a school like atmosphere and learn and acquire skills and knowledge. This is not an obligation with the day-care.

Starting a day-care business involves lots of patience, love and passion with the kids. First, you need to finalise if you would like to start the business from your home or from a location outside the home. If it is going to be a work-from-home kind, then, finalize the room that you will be using check for the feasibility of number of children to plan to attend. In case, it is going to be outside the house, then, you need to finalise if it is going to be a self owned space or a rented space.

Next, check for the fund in hand. Although, this business does not require a lot of money but still, some amount is required in initial rounds for renovating the location, if required, for distributing staff salaries and for procuring toys for kids. Then, we need to check for the legal considerations. Although no formal legal permission is required but, having checked the parking lots, fire safety, neighborhood safety and food preparation standards, may be helpful in providing quality services to the kids. This will help in attracting more clients, more business and hence, reaping more benefits.

After this initial ground work, check for the actual need of a day-care center in your locality. If there are working couples in your area that do not have enough time to spend and take care of their child during the day hours, then it can be a viable business opportunity for you. Next, check the spending capacity of the parents in your locality. In case, they are affluent people ready to spend money then you may be heading towards a highly profitable venture. You can finalize your fees depending on the spending capacity of the families in your neighborhood.

Next, recruit the necessary staff and start promoting your business in your locality. You can make benefits of your own reputation and personal contacts for initial business. Use word of mouth promotion and provide quality services at economic price structure, business will come to you, automatically.

Once, your day-care business flourishes, you can plan to upgrade your day-care centre into a preschool for making more profits.

3. Natasha14

Natasha14 Junior IL'ite

Thanks so much mercyagin dear. i am planning to open day care centre in rented house. please suggest what kind of licence i need to take to start up. Also is there any educational background required in the same field. also i dont find any government website with details about the same. Please suggest if u know any.
    Thanks in advance.

4. Natasha14

Natasha14 Junior IL'ite

Hi All!

Please reply. Your input value alott!

5. gauris

gauris New IL'ite

HI Natasha ,
    Did start your day care center ? If yes , How is it going ? and if no and yet stuck on planning i have found one site which tells you most of the things which are important . just have a look . I was also reading and willing to start Day care in Pune .

http://www.mytopbusinessideas.com/start-a-daycare-business-plan/

:)

1 person likes this.
  6. Natasha14

Natasha14 Junior IL'ite

Hi Gauris,

thanks for sharing Link. this helps a lot in knowing lots of info which i wasn't aware of.
    Well centre is yet to start as m overseas. I am planning to start in aug-sept.
    Good to hear you too willing to start!

7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Natasha,

Before knowing the technical rules to start, for that job need lots of patience, communicating skills with baby and parents.. Now a days parents are expecting too much and giving so much importance for tiny things.

Need lots of attention with kids.. caring is highly important thing..

Your personal pressure or mental stress should not affect the kids, else parents will come to you with loads of bullets :)

Not pulling your leg, just making to rethink yourself.

All the best. :thumbsup

sindmani likes this.
  8. Natasha14

Natasha14 Junior IL'ite

Hi Rachaputi,

I completely :iagree with you that this job needs lots of patience, strength (physical n mental). Nobody can predict how babies gonna react on different situations. handling kids of different ages is tuff.

But i just love spending time with kids which gives me strength and motivates me to do it. :)

In this Era, parents are really Really concerned about all the activities of their child which is important as almost everyday we hear the news of ignorance of kids in childcare centres/care giver.

yes, its a pressure. one have to make ways to handle this by not affecting kids.

thanks a ton dear!

rachaputi likes this.
  9. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

Hi natasha,

Have u started day care??where it is located and how it is gng on??
    even me planning in future..but before that I need ur guidance. .
    regards
    Bestmom

10. Saee06

Saee06 New IL'ite

Hi Natasha,

HV u started ? If yes I need your guidance can u please reply ? :)