You are already
a member and logged in!
plz somebody help me ...
Sorry, you need to be a registered member and logged in to access this page.
Please login or register below.
It's easy, quick and FREE!
i lost my 12th Marksheet when we shifted the house. i finished my 12th in 1999 in trichy. I have the xerox copy but not the original.Now i need the original to give to my new employee.. Its really urgent.
Should i enquire in Trichy DGE or Chennai DGE What is the procedure to get the duplicate certificate as soon as possible?
if any of u have experienced this and got ur duplicate certificate plz share ur experience
Hope i will get reply from u all. Thanks in Advance
Last edited by believegod; 12th December 2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: error
plz somebody help me ...
You have not revelaed either you did under CBSE or Stateboard, however in Tamil Nadu Govt, you can get Duplicate Marksheet.. Please see the procedure.. but it will take some time, the same should be the procedure followed every where,
Please see the process in case of Tamil Nadu.. check with your School HM,
Remedies on Loss of Certificate
Candidates can get the Duplicate Certificate or Certified Copy of Mark List in case
of loss of certificate or destroyed by flood or fire. Certified Copy of Mark List is only
valid for short time duration whereas Duplicate Certificate is valid for ever.
Immediately on loss of original certificate the candidate must lodge a complaint in
the nearest Police Station. If the certificate is not traceable, the candidate should
obtain a non-traceable certificate from the Police.
Based on the above Non-traceable certificate, loss certificate from the Tahsildar
concerned may be obtained.
If the certificate is totally destroyed by flood or fire, a certificate to the effect has to
be obtained from the Tahsildar concerned.
If the certificate is partially damaged and cannot be used, the same should be
enclosed with the application for duplicate. In this case there is no need to get nontraceable
certificate from Police of from Tahsildar.
For more details please see the link : http://www.tn.gov.in/rti/proactive/sedu/handbook_dge.pdf
Last edited by pretty84; 16th December 2011 at 08:59 AM.
thanks for the reply pretty84. i too saw that.. but it looked like a time consuming process. thats why i wanted to know the experience of someone. if there is no option i should do this only
If you require your certificate immediately only for joining the new job, then file an FIR immediately.
Take a copy of the FIR as proof and tell your office HR or manager that you lost the certificate and started the process of getting the duplicate issued and will submit the original as soon as you receive it.
Assuming u r joining a company within india..please do not worry. Unfortunately, you will have to follow the standard procedure with State board or Central board.
Meanwhile, As its really urgent, please do the following:
* File the FIR immediately (If its a "Theft related FIR", you might have some difficulty with local police guys, if its "Lost related FIR", police will immediately give u one.). FIR will cover all the details about the dates etc.
(Ur xerox copy is a very strong document, Please make extra copies and keep them safe for now).
* Get the Attestation of One Xerox copy from gazetted officer (or Classs-2 govt officers). Also, make an Affidavit with local court (it takes not more than a day to do this). Affidavit should have your self declaration with somewhat like following:
"I lost my 12th grade certificates, I have filed an FIR (mention FIR no.), I am producing a Xerox copy with FIR copy, I am responsible if anything fake found in Xerox copy".
* Submit the FIR copy and Affidavit to ur new company. Tell them that u r in process to get the duplicate copy.
Company must accept affidavit temporarily, as its issued from Court.
* If u feel, u can run around for all of the above, please go ahead, but I wud rather advice to contact a good lawyer, he will do it easily for u!!, obviously on a cost :(
Actually, nowadays the process is far easier than earlier, bcoz of online records of boards. If u r lucky, u might get it very fast from standard procedure as well.
tk care n Gud luck.
thanks for ur reply..
i went to the DPE office. they said i need to fill in forms along with fees which i need to pay in treasury and get my Principal's sign and submit it. then within 2months they will give a duplicate marksheet. Later through my school i need to fill another form and pay another fees and send that to DPE. After -10months to 1yr i will receive the original marksheets...
this is very long procedure.. as of now just the FIR will help i think..
This is the only available procedure to obtain duplicate 10th marksheet from Govt
1. Find out the police station which has got jurisdiction where you have lost the certificate. For example, if you have lost while doing xerox at Saidapet, go to Saidapet police station (even though you might be residing somewhere else)
2. Police will not file FIR. Instead, they will ask you to give a written application with xerox copies of the marksheet.
3. After two weeks, you will get the nontraceable certificate from police.
4. Take the nontraceable certificate to your VAO (Village administrative office). You need to write another application to VAO and get 10 witness signatures from your neighbours and submit.
5. From VAO Office, the application, attached certificates, and nontraceable certificate will be sent to the Tehsildar for attestation.
6. Once it is attested, go to DPI office and collect the application form for applying duplicate certificate.
7. Complete the application form and get it attested from the Head Master / Head Mistress of the school where you stuided and submit nontraceable certificate & Tehsildar certificate.
8. You need to pay Rs. 505 towards Govt treasury through SBI branch and provide the original chellan to the school.
9. From the school, the entire set of application will be sent to DEO (District educational officer). This is where your application will get stuck. Sometimes it takes about 4-5 months. So, go to the DEO Office and follow up from there.
10. From DEO office, it will be sent to the DPI Office.
11. Once it is received in DPI Office, certificates will be issued normally within 3-4 weeks and dispatched to your address.
Pls let me know if there are any more queries.
Did you receive your Mark sheet?
How long it took,what are the procedures you made,please let me know.My friend's son lost his Mark sheet and looking the way to get the duplicate certificate.
Please help me.
hi rekha.. i have lost my 12 th HSC marksheet.. i have registed a complaint and had got NON TRACEABLE certificated from K4 Annanager polce station , i stay in nanganallur, where should i get the attestation from tasildhar.. is it from annanager or my place of residence ?