sponsorship reqired to educate a poor young brahmin ,deaf &dumb widow of a purohit

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Vimmala, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

I am giving below details of a suffering priests family,
    which fully now depend on the maternal grand father of a very unlucky girl.
    M.Rajeswari a girl of age 12 studying in class 7 in Kings Matriculation school at Madippakam Chennai,.Her father who was assisting a priest and earning his lively hood, was married to a DEAF AND DUMB girl. Her father has now expired and is living with her mother in her maternal grand fathers house at madipaakam and is attending the school by walking to the school
    This poor family needs some help in respect of educating the girl till the college level at least if not for graduation, so that as she grows up she can stand on her own legs and care her mother
    this girls g/father is earning as a priest, income being is about 5000 a month The girls, uncle also works as an assistant to another priest and earns 3000 a month
    In the family there are total members to feed, clothe and live out of the income of the grand father and uncle of the girl. The family consists of Grand father, Grand mother, the unmarried uncle, and a deaf and dumb unmarried sithi(this girls mothers sister) and this girls deaf and dumb mother.
    They find it difficult to manage the family and they find it difficult to educate the girl
    the girls school fees are about 12,000 annually
    the house is rented out by this girls another uncle and given to them for living. this second uncle being eldest man after the old grand father of the gir;l is also by profession a priest and earns about 7 to 8thouand a month
    If any person see the deaf and dumb mother /sithi of the girl and the girl herself . good hearten friends ,
    THE address of the girl: M. Rajeswari c/o Venkataraman,n0 3 , ground floor , sheela nagar,maddippakkam, Chennai 91. Her Fathers Name (late) Mohan, Mother (deaf&dumb) Sri Bhuvaneswari
    the contact person , Sri Vijoy, her uncle phone no9444384349 Chennai 91
    2nd uncle ph 9840038015
    The school Kings Matriculation School,no 11, kandaswamy koil street , madipaakkam ,Chennai 91
    elder uncle name and address
    Sankar,29, venkatesa agraharam,mylapoore,Chennai 4
    One can Refer and cheak up matters from.

Ganesa sasthrigal,Adam street, Mylapore,Chennai 4 044 24957567
    2.Krishnamoorthy Sasthrigal Anandha apartments,4th cross street,
    Mandaveli , Chennai 4 044 24617857

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Re: sponsorship reqired to educate a poor young brahmin ,deaf &dumb widow of a purohi

How does one help and maintain anonymity on this site? If you can figure out a way to do that + set up some sort of 'audit' (to ensure that the money is indeed going to the right cause) then I am sure more people will post replies + help!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: sponsorship reqired to educate a poor young brahmin ,deaf &dumb widow of a purohi

Is there any Ilite in Chennai who can actually collect money and give in person in the school and also to the mother? If yes, then I am willing to sponsor just send me a PM

4. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

The girl is studying in Kings matriculation shool at madippakam and the phone no is 044 22422338. You can contact the H.M. or

contact Mr.Gopalaswamy whose telephone no is 91 044 23770003

I found this post in

sponsorship reqired to educate a poor young brahmin ,deaf &dumb widow of a purohit

and reproduced the same so that the message spread wishing the girl a good life.

5. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Here is a reply I received from Mr.Vasan
    Shri Ramachandran,
    I understand that you have arranged to post this sponsorship request in another forum - IndusLadies. I find some of the members from this forum have been showing interest . Any how, I would like to mention that this sponsorship has already been taken care of both with the School HM and the student family and the fees and other expenses for the year have already been disbursed. I would request you to update this information also in IndusLadis forum through your wife.
    Regards,
    Vansan

I thank all our members for the courtesy shown.