Suggestions on maternity Clothes!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by anu586, Apr 11, 2006.

1. anu586

anu586 New IL'ite

wondering...does anyone know of places (online or in Austin or Houstin, TX) where I can order maternity indian clothes. i can't seem to find anything anywhere.

thanks!

2. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

What type of Indian clothes?

Hi Anu,

While it's difficult to get ordinary Indian clothes (except from some shops in Bay area) and even if you can get from some Indian Boutiques out here, they work out very costly because of the importing charges, etc.

I doubt whether you can get maternity 'Indian' clothes, that too in Austin or Houston! What type of Indian clothes are you looking for? If you be more specific, people here from Bay area may be able to help you out. You may then order online.

Regards,
    Shakthi

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu

Just out of curiosity, what kind of Indian maternity clothes do you have in mind?

I have seen only one type in India- the usual housecoats and nighties with a detachable portion in front to enable nursing.

Hope u find what u need. Take care.

4. anu586

anu586 New IL'ite

Indian Maternity Clothes

I'm trying to find dressy clothes (langha, salwar kameez, etc.) for a wedding in june.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu - Try eBay

A friend found a dressy salwar suit in ebay Indian apparel when she was 8 months on the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2006
  6. kandriga_uma

kandriga_uma New IL'ite

Maternity Clothes

Hi all and anu,
    Did you find your maternity clothes? I guess you have to shop online or buy from india only.
    but i enjoyed the american maternity clothes like anything.It is cool and makes you look sexy with a pair of jeans.
    U can get those at Target or any usa maternity cloth shop
    :-D uma

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
  7. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Churidar/salwar kameez models for maternity/nursing

Ladies,

I am planning to stitch a few sets for use during my last trimester and also post-delivery. I have been unable to find any models on the internet that would help with nursing the baby. Would like to know how you people have managed/are planning to manage post delivery (to help with nursing). Please suggest some ideas. If you can post a pic, that would be great.

Regards,
    Radhee.

8. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Churidar/salwar kameez models for maternity/nursing

Ladies,

I am planning to stitch a few sets for use during my last trimester and also post-delivery. I have been unable to find any models on the internet that would help with nursing the baby. Would like to know how you people have managed post delivery (to help with nursing). If you can post a pic, that would be great.

Regards,
    Radhee.

9. dheepu81

dheepu81 New IL'ite

Re: Churidar/salwar kameez models for maternity/nursing

hi radhee

there is nothng specific like nursing salwar......u get nursing bra is shops......but since u r in India u can stich as per ur comfort..........i think short top salwars with full front open design will help.........make sure its stiched nice n loose.....

hope it helps

my wishes for a safe n healthy pregnancy n motherhood

dheepa

10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Re: Churidar/salwar kameez models for maternity/nursing

Like Dheepa said, front open is the best for nursing. I didn't wear salwar kameez in my last trimester or the first two months of BFing, but if I had the option of getting it stitched then I would have gone for front open with buttons or zippers. I would have also had some stitched in Angrakha style. Something like this http://www.drishteehaat.com/ThumbIm...eb/images/Products/156.jpg&width=80&height=80 with ties.

Also, personally, I think chudidaar may be a little constricting. You need more room in your legs too, if you are going through swelling of the ankles, so go for salwar style. That will give you lots of room.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Raj