Vaginal Delivery with a huge fibroid?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mommykitty, May 7, 2015.

1. mommykitty

mommykitty New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

I just went to my Doctors appointment at 35weeks and was told that I have a huge fibroid about 10cm in the anterior superior region. My baby is still in breech and that the baby may be running out of space to flip to the optimal position, doctor told me I might need a Scheduled C-Sec after 38th week.I'm really scared and tensed about the Csec. Anyone had a vaginal delivery with fibroids. Do I have any chance of getting into labour and what are the chances of baby flipping?

Sorry For a long post but I'm feeling really hopeless :(

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Chances are slim. The doctors would do a C-Sec if there is a fibroid depending on the size and position of it.
    But don't get scared. C-Sec is not as dreadful as it seems to be. It is all in the mind. You just need to be prepared. Do you have help from your family here during your delivery ?

3. mommykitty

mommykitty New IL'ite

Thanks for the Supportive words, I'm trying hard to get out of my fear now.
    Yes, my mom is coming on May 20th to help me and I should say my DH is really supportive too :)

4. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

All the very best dear.. Its better to not think too much as you're in advanced stage of pregnancy.. Let doctors decide the best for you and just concentrate on your child's well being as of now. I guess fibroids have a tendency to grow in pregnancy as hormones are high, will get subsided after pregnancy is over.

5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry in that case. I had a C-Section too. Just follow whatever your Doctor says. Take good rest. In 3 days you can be on your feet. With your Mommy's and H's support you will recover fast. In 2 months the wound of surgery will be healed completely.
    It is not as scary as it is projected to be. Be happy and enjoy your days.
    After delivery you will not get time for yourself for some months. :)

6. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

I hope you delivered by now.But just want to share my story...i had fibroids during both my pregnancy, bigger than yours and delivered vaginally without any complication.