March 2015 Due Date Club! plz join..

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by chandrikap, Jul 17, 2014.

1. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

Kalpana, Luckily I didnt have aversion towards milk, So that is the only thing apart from idly, which kept me going on in 1st 3 months. My doctor did not ask to take any regular blood test at the end of 1st trimester. My next appt is on oct mid, may be I can ask her then.

@Manju, I am not having any numbness but only pain in the arm from elbow to palm. That may be because I am working in front of PC and mouse handling can also cause the palm pain. It is exactly in the centre of my palm, the size of a 2 rupee coin placed in the centre.

Regarding diet, Everyday I am taking 3 glasses of milk (That too without sugar, afraid of GD), 5 piece each of badam pista and walnut, one pomogranate, 1 banana, 1 guava, 1 full fruit of mosambi or orange juice without sugar, 1 glass of butermilk. These I take everyday apart from regular food. And in food daily one keerai kootu(greens) and 1 cup curd is mandatory. Curd is also rich in calcium. Try if you can take that if not milk. Coconut water weekly once I take.

2. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

I'm taking falvoured greek yogurt to compensate, Manju.. i'm anaemic too..haemo about 10.5 i suppose... Doc has put me on additional iron supplements... my sugar dip test was negative so i'll be having my RBS only by 22 weeks..

I'm taking about a glass of coconut water daily(since we buy packaged ones here), pomegranate( thrice a week) ,1 banana daily, one additional fruit like apple/orange, 4 dates, almonds(a handful soaked prev night)..In addition i add lot of veggies to my daily food .. actually i'm craving for stir fried veggies.. that's one good thing..
    dosa and sweets a big NO... I used to love those two items before preggers.. now i just cant digest them.. keep gagging even if i've two spoons of sweet :(
    I'm trying to switch to brown rice slowly.. i used to have brown rice before pregnancy but cudnt digest it post that.. now i'm trying to shift again...
    I seem to be ok with toasted bread(whole wheat/multigrain) or sandwiches.. so sometimes i've them.. i'm more inclined towards veggies than fruits...
    I suppose walnuts are good.. but i cudnt stand the taste /smell :(

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Indhu, its really surprising to hear that your doctor has not prescribed any blood tests at the end of 1st trimester. What I have heard from everyone is that almost all doctors do prescribe these tests to identify any problems (e.g. Thyroid) and deficiencies (e.g. Iron). Also these days HIV, Platlet count, TSH, T3, T4 and other tests (Blood and Urine) are also recommended along with the routine tests (like RBS, HB, CBC, RH). I was told by my doctor to go for all these tests after 3 months.

Also I checked on internet about the Iron and Calcium tablets you are taking. Could not find any major references :( Are these medicines from reputed companies (Cipla, Astra zaneca, Pfizer etc)? My doctor recommended me to take Livozen Z and Calcimax 500 supplements. I don't like iron supplement and start feeling some nausea after taking iron tablet. :(

When are you folks taking iron tablet? In the morning or night? Also after or before food?

Your diet schedule is perfect as its full of nutrition. I will also start including most of these items in my daily diet :)

4. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Kalpana, its good that you are taking lot of veggies in your diet. That should help in iron deficiency as well. I am not sure if you get Beet root and Gooseberry there as they are also very good and help in overcoming anaemia.

Which Iron supplement / medicine are you taking? What time you have been advised to take iron supplement? Are you ok so far or you also feel somewhat uncomfortable while consuming iron?

Also wanted to check how did your Thyroid test go? Hope everything is fine.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  5. krithika16

krithika16 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Nice to hear about all your diet plan. Actually i envy you all bcoz i couldnt eat any thing even after 18 weeks.......... severe morning sickness,not even gained single pound :(

My family has few gynoe who said milk and pomegranate are very good specially for us.

Can you share what is the name of prenatel your doc prescribed?

6. g3ke

g3ke New IL'ite

Hi manjusingh
    i was takin livogen but i puked after
    takin tat tablet so doctor changed the
    tablet to oxofer x

7. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju
    I'm taking Natalvirt FLT as iron supplement..doc has given me for one month and said will extend based on blood count later...Initially i had some diarrhea for couple of days and then it was fine... I'm taking the tablet at night atleast couple of hours after i've my food.. Doc asked me to take the tablet either one or two hours before meal else 2-3 hrs after a meal...
    In the first thyroid TSH was high so Doc has ordered me for another one... I should be getting the results today.. hopefully things are fine...

8. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

hi Krithika .. sad that you still have morning sickness badly... try to eat small meals or consult your gynoe for some help.. I had been having nausea and sickness till last week.. This week its kinda improving..
    you can try using vitamin B6 supplement (25mg) +doxylamine succinate(over the counter try equate).. My doc prescribed this to me in the first trimester since i had very low intake.. this helps in increasing your metabolism and it helped me very much...
    I'm using VOL-PLUS as prenatal.. this was prescribed by doc.. i didnt use any over the counter ones...

9. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

@ IndhuRamesh...
    Please do take all the tests esp blood count and thyroid tests (the earlier the better).. i would suggest not to wait till appointment but to call up the doc and order for these tests..Its very important to take them soon...
    I had no thyroid issues before pregnancy ,but now i seem to have high TSH and possibly hypothyroidism.. you need to treat this asap... Since these issues might crop up during your pregnancy its a must to take these...
    Also ask for urine culture, cos most cases UTC is not known and may cause an infection in you inner tract...Also if you hadnt been vaccinated for rubella or varicella i would suggest you to ask for those tests too...

10. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Krithika, you can try Bananas in the morning. It seems that they really help in controlling nausea. Also try Coconut water if its possible.

I am only taking Iron and Calcium supplements as mentioned in my post above.