July 2014 due date club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by anjali06, Nov 18, 2013.

1. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi All...

Hope you and ur LOs are doing gud..

I got my son his 6 weeks vaccine done. The doctor prescribed pentaxim (DTaP) which is painless and baby wont get too much fever.

But when i googled i found this drug is banned in india. Not sure why such reputed hospitals are still using this..

i still didn't get a chance to speak to my paed to get clarification on this..

Do any of you have any info on this..

I am planning to go for DTP (the normal vaccine) next time..where the baby will have pain and fever when the vaccine is administered .

Also i have one more doubt...if ur baby sleeps for more than 2 hrs then are you facing breast engorgement...

IF my baby sleeps for more then 2 hrs then my breasts are full and become hard and starts paining..the baby also refuses to feed later. My mom says the milk will be sour and hence the baby is refusing to feed. I remove some milk and discard it and later feed the baby..

how ru ppl managing this...

2. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Hi Raki

Even my LO also got vaccinated with PENTAXIM at 6 weeks. But later I got to know from one of my friends that this painless vaccine has been banned by WHO. I'll discuss with my paed abt this during her 10 th week vaccination. You can go through below link to know why it is banned.

Painless PENTAXIM vaccine is banned! | A Crappy Mom!

How abt the others ? Did anybody go for painful vaccine this time ?? Pls share experiences..

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  3. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

My dd is still poor in sleeping. During nights she falls asleep only around 1am and sleeps till 11 am next morning. Wakes up twice in between for feeds. During day times she sleeps 1 to 2 hours max. Other times fully awake.

She has developed diaper rashes. How are u guys preventing it ?

4. janbornchild

janbornchild Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

@raki @naveena even my pead administered pentaxim at her 6 week check up. I did not know abt this. at 10 weeks agn he has slotted pentaxim and rota virus. I will ask him for clarification.

abt breast engorgement, you should not throw expressed best milk. it is all ignorance reg sour etc. every drop of breastmilk is precious to baby. it contains antibodies, white blood cells n so many nutrients. even I get engorged, but I express it and store it in fridge to be used later. But I feel only mild discomfort wen breasts r full. use hot compress for relief.

@naveena: mayb u shud change diaper? I have been using pampers diaper since day one...but always apply himalaya diaper rash cream on diaper areas. so far she hasnt had any rashes. Abzorb powder was also recommended by my doc for diaper rash. I hv been using it as a prevention. m happy with the results as baby hasnt got any diaper rash...touchwood. also dnt keep a diaper for more than 4 hours.

Reg baby sleeping...mayb u shud wake her up at 8am n keep her awake for some time. she will then sleep longer at night.

Twisha is now sleeping for 4-5 hours at a stretch. I kept a maalish lady who does good massage for baby and me. after massage my lo sleeps for four hours then wakes up for food again goes to sleep. wakes up at 2pm and then plays, listens to music until 4/ 4.30pm. agn sleeps after feed until 6.30/7. playtime from 7-9pm. feed at 9.30pm. goes to sleep n wakes at 2.30 am fr feed. she z now vocalising agoo n abooo :) she z also smiling n turning. hw z everyone else n lo doing?

1 person likes this.
  5. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone. Hope everyone s good. I gave pentavac pfs.its a painful injection. For half a day baby was cranky. No fever.

Did u give pvc and rotavirus vaccine. My doc said it's not necessary. I am confused. The painful dtp costed 810. How much was the painless vaccine.

6. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Baby can recognize me very well. She wants me hold her always. Donno how I am gonna work.

Naveena - I used candiderma cream for rashes. It's an excellent cream. I know how bad the rashes will be for baby. Diya had a tuf time with rashes. Candiderma helped her a lot.

My lo sleeps at 11. Sleeps till 2 or 3.45. Then I ll feed her. Sometimes ll sleep immediately. Most of the times sleeps after 2 hrs. During day time I will feed her whenever She cries and ll leave a maximum gap of 3 hrs.

I feel the sour milk is a myth. Even I was told that. But I don't believe that.

7. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

How r u girls doing? Lost weight? When r u gals gonna join?

Baby is very naughty. Responds quite well. Want someonwe by her side always. Else she will cry. Donno how I am gonna manage when I start working. Alternate days she takes bath. Once in a week will give her head bath. Sleeps for extra hours whem She takes headbath.

8. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Janbornchild - during playtime she has to be held in hand or she keeps quite and plays silently on bed?

9. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

hi naveena..

try putting the baby in a swing (joli - made using a cotton saree). Usually babies tend to sleep longer in swing since it keeps the baby warm.

10. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

hi cutiepie..

the painless vaccine costs around 2k.