August 2014 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by puja1986, Nov 15, 2013.

1. uniquebee

uniquebee New IL'ite

hi naveena,

congrats on your pregnancy..!

2. uniquebee

uniquebee New IL'ite

hi everyone,

I hope things are going on fine with everyone..happy new year, happy pongal and happy lohri to all :)

I was little lazy these days to login in to laptop but was actively reading this forum at my mobile. At office also IE8 is only there so couldn't view this forum.

Yesterday I had my second ultrasound as my first one at 7 weeks doesn't corresponds to LMP. Yesterday it was measured as 8 weeks with heart beat of 124BPM. CRL measures 1.4 CM and every other impression are good. So feeling little relaxed seeing my lil one's heartbeat :)

I started experiencing vomiting sensation more and vomited for first time this sunday.

Doctor prescribed me both folic acid and progesterone tablet. Since I got vomit after eating tablet I stopped progesterone as I don't like it. Is it mandatory that we have to take progrestrone( I know folic acid is mandatory ).

3. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Thanks uniquebee !!!

Even I am not able to take folic acid regulary due to vomitting.. Taking folic acid will sometimes result in immediate vomitting with me.. :-( So far I have been thinking dat progesterone is given to prevent miscarriage during 1st trimester but I am not sure about it.. wer u able to find out y it is given ? I dunno whether it is mandatory. It was not prescribed for me though.. Anyway if its recommended then try to take it regularly :)

4. chitu

chitu Bronze IL'ite

hi friends
    i'm happy to join ur thread hugsmileyCongrats on your pregnancy
    my due is on 13 august
    i had 3 u/s till now because my duedate didn't match up with lmp
    but doctor said i might have ovulated late
    at 9w1day i had 3d u/s we saw good hb 165bpm and crl 2.46

I'm very excited i saw my LO budding hand and legs and face i love the 3d u/s
    I would like to know is any one going for first trimester screening and some genetic test like cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy, fragile x syndrome
    if u have the information pls share it here tat will be very useful for us

thanks

1 person likes this.
  5. YaminiC

YaminiC Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I hope things are going fine with everyone.From last 1 week i am having severe indigestion and constipation ( i am having blood during passing stool). I am not able to eat a small cup of rice also ... if i eat anything i am having constant burps and feels like my stomach is full .....

Is there any remedies for this? Please help .....i am crying everyday :( ......

6. agn

agn Silver IL'ite

Its good to continue the prescribed tablets. Progesterone helps in sustaining your pregnancy. So its better you continue. Incase if you feel uncomfortable consult your doctor immediately so that she cab suggest you some other tablet.

Progesterone is a naturally secreted hormone in our body and ideally it should not create a prb. Even I had bad side affects with progesterone supplements but I continued with it.

7. agn

agn Silver IL'ite

Try to eat good food with more fiber content. Are you able to take fruits and veggies if rice is a big no. I survived on fruits during my bad vomitting days. Try to blend two fruits with little curd /milk and honey and drink. Something like smoothies. I daily have oats in buttermilk every morning. Try to change your diet and see.

When I have constipation I try to drink warm water before going to loo. It helped me sometimes. Do a little work at home to help your bowel movement., provided doc has not advised complete bed rest. Did u check with doc on passing blood ?

8. agn

agn Silver IL'ite

Welcome and lots of hugs hugsmiley
    Congratsssss on your US results.

I have no idea thinkingsmileywhat are those tests and it sounds pretty advanced. Do let us know if you get anymore information on it.

9. newlife14

newlife14 New IL'ite

Hi Chitu ,

Welcome :) and congratulations to you too for your upcoming little bundle of joy :).
    I have heard about these test from my friends , last time when I went to see my doc it was an emergency situation so cudnt ask her that time but I will be seeing my doc this 23 so I would definitely ask her everything in detail.
    From what I know ( source my colleague who opted for these screeings ) the screening done in first trimester is non invasive whereas the one known as amniocentesis performed during 5 month ( not sure but its around that time is invasive) .
    First trimester screening for genetic abnormalities is some blood test and ultrasound. and she said that its upto you to choose these test doc wont press you to go for these unless you have a history in the family .

10. newlife14

newlife14 New IL'ite

Hello friends !!

Since hitting 7 weeks my nausea and this sickness is getting worse . I dont like the smell of food stuff and at the same time I feel hungry too . If I eat something then again same I feel like crap :confused2:. I dont know what to do ....I feel sick allllll the time.
    Was just wondering if anybody has some ideas ...