Mommy to be July 2013

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Mommyhoney2012, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Pavithra66

Pavithra66 Silver IL'ite

Hi Hermi ,

I think its because this will be the last function when we will be allowed to dress up almost like a bride everyone around is insisting that i get the false hair done and wear lots of flowers... Even for Seemandham we will have the poochoodal for which again we need to do the same I guess :) our 3rd trimester is going to be heavy with the baby , false hair and flowers :) I can imagine our states in this heat :)
    Have a nice 3rd trimester Hermi :)

2. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

thanks for your wishes deepika.

3. hermioneron

hermioneron Silver IL'ite

Thank u sweets n wish u a very happy 3rd trimester :)

4. hermioneron

hermioneron Silver IL'ite

Hey girls..

My Dr got shocked seeing my weight gain.told me to take gtt n meet her.completely scared..should go for test tomorrow..

Pls pray for me n baby..

5. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

SSM,

You said you have undergone Vitamin D test... is it diff. from normal blood test? CBC?

Chitra

6. Pavithra66

Pavithra66 Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra ,

I was asked to take the Vit D Test and it came out that i was deficient in Vit D.
    Doctor said its very normal for almost everyone to be defiecient in Vit D so she started me on a small vitamin supplement.

She also told me we get leg cramps and hip pain due to Vit D issues. She said its nothing to worry about and a routine check for all 7th month preggos :)

Also a walk in the bright sun between 11Am and 2Pm is suggested to increase vitamin generation in our body.
    This is done as part of the normal blood test , nothing new needed.

7. PixiePart

PixiePart Silver IL'ite

Its a separate blood test. They dont test for it in a CBC.

Just saw Pavithtra's response: While they may test for it in the sample/vial of blood that they collect for a routine CBC, you will need to tell your lab that you need to get your Vit D tested or your doctor needs to write a prescription for you.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  8. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Thanks Pavi,

I dont see in my blood report about Vitamin D.. and i am taking Shellcal tablet from 4th month onwards... which has Vitamin D3 250 IU.. hopefully that will suffice vit. d need during pregnancy

9. Pavithra66

Pavithra66 Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra ,

If ur Doc didnt ask for one then i think you should be fine. Small amount of Vitamin should be ok for most of us. But I think since I had a complain of leg cramps everyday she suggested the test for me :)

You should be fine with the tab that your taking already...

10. PixiePart

PixiePart Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

If you have a blood test/Drs appointment coming up- I dont think theres any harm in getting it tested. BBC talks about recommended dosage being 200 IU per day. However, doctors quoted in the article seem to be recommending a much higher dosage

Vitamin D in your pregnancy diet | BabyCenter

However, the sachet that SSM and I are taking weekly is approx 60,000 IU (so ~8000 IU per day). Based on your comment, I also checked my calcium supplement (I take Milical which is 1000 mg). It also has 200 IU of Vit D3 and I have been taking that since week 12.

All of this is so confusing- sometimes I wish I had listened to my mom and studied medicine!!

ps: I hope you are having a fun time getting ready for your shower- I think its this weekend, right? All the best!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.