Jun 2013 --- Mom to Be...

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by angel12, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Poonamk1

Poonamk1 Silver IL'ite

All the best.. :)

2. Mirraa03

Mirraa03 Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitmin,

Very well done..I love all your creations you had made for your LO..especially that white frock..cant stop myself from staring at it..Really you are a wonderful woman..Now my DH is asking me what have you done for your LO..Im learning to make baby booties for now..Let me try my luck..But you are all my inspiration..

Hi Swaroo/Poonam,

How are you girls doing? When do you have your check up? Are u able to sleep well at night? And how about heartburn..I am not sure if we can have soft drinks at this stage for this heartburn sensation..Waiting to hear more updates ..Eat well and i read an article which says baby wont gain any more height at this stage but they do gain weight it seems..So please eat well...Take good care..

Hi Angel,

All the very best and our prayers are with you, dear..Be relaxed and we are waiting to hear the first good news from our group. Take care..

Hi Candy/Nithya/Uma/Veena (and sorry if i have missed anyone else..)

Hope things are ok at your end...Do update us when you have time..Take care..

1 person likes this.
  3. Poonamk1

Poonamk1 Silver IL'ite

Hi Mirraa, I'm good.. My next scan is on coming Sunday, after that I need to go to doctor with the report.. I feel like vomiting these days.. So, I had Limca yesterday.. :-(.. My nausea thing is back now.. :-(..
    I'm not able to sleep properly during nights.. I keep on visiting bathroom all day and all night.. But everything is fine for LO.. :).. May is almost gone and June is knocking door.. :)..
    How are you and your LO?
    Take care..

1 person likes this.
  4. Mirraa03

Mirraa03 Silver IL'ite

Hey Poonam,

Heard this vomiting sensation occurs in 3rd trimester for some..Happenned to me few days before..I drank 1/2litre of water and it came out too :( Looks like its all a part of our journey :)

And i have a strange feeling inside my tummy for the past few days..Its exactly like a pulsating feeling ..like heartbeat but not frequent like heartbeat and i can see my tummy moving rhythmically..But when baby starts moving, these hiccups kind of pulsating feeling stops..It lasts atleast for 5-10 mins..Wanted to know if anyone is going thro this..I must say this pregnancy is like a mystery..Hope everything will be fine for my baby..Please let me know girls..Kind of worried..But my baby's movements are very strong now a days..

5. swaroo

swaroo Silver IL'ite

Dear Mira,

I had these pulsating movements right from 7th month onwards. Please don't worry at all. It happens twice or thrice a day. These are hiccups undoubtedly. It's a healthy indication that your baby is preparing it's lungs to breathe outside the womb. i.e it's preparing itself to survive after he/she comes out. What I do is sit on the chair keeping legs down and wide as far as possible. That gives the baby some room and it can relax. Try this if the hiccups last longer. And yea, tummy is moving in a rythm and we feel pressure and a sudden hardening. These are the early painless contractions which gradually lead to labour pains. Do worry at all. I would suggest not to have soft drinks now. Because as you said, the baby will start gaining weight now and height won't change much. Itseems they gain 1oz a day. i.e almost 30grams! So dear ladies, whoever is worrying about their baby weight, please take good food now as this is the right time. Having soft drinks might give you temporary relief but will cause more discomfort later on.. After 36th or 37th week, since the baby slides down, the pressure won't be there much on the upper tummy. The heartburn will gradually decrease by then. But yea, I'm waking up at least half a dozen times every night and using the loo. Also since the baby slided down, I'm feeling pressure and cramps in the lower abdomen and thigh regions. Havinf a pillow between the legs is also not helping these days. May be this is the routine we have to get used to after the baby arrives. i.e waking up every two hours to feed/change the baby. God is preparing us in these ways :)

Angel!! Looks like you're almost done, but what I heard is the mucus plug falls down in bits, whatever, you must be careful now. Don't ignore any sign of discomfort and contact your doctor. Stock up things and keep friends and family updated about your situation. Don't worry, everything will be fine. It depends on once own body. Some have intense pains all of a sudden and deliver with 5 to 6 hours. Some have mild to extreme contractions and their suffering will last for almost 17 to 30 hrs. We never know which category will we fall into. Stay bold and calm and get set to prepare the li'l one :)

Chitmin, the dresses are really wonderful. Specially the yellow one is sooo cute. They're so little and tiny. Aww I can't wait anymore. The feeling itself is getting me goosebumps.. :p

2 people like this.
  6. swaroo

swaroo Silver IL'ite

Ladies, one qucik tip for this late nausea and heartburn. Take a spoon of fennel seeds and boil them in a cup of water. After cooling , filter the water and drink it. You can multiply the quantities and store it for the whole day also. Also try the same process with jeera and a pinch of salt. Fennel seeds are good if taken now. Eat food that is easily digestible. And please try to avoid mangoes and other heat causing stuff. They may lead to early labour. Other day I had a piece of ripe mango and suffered a lot of pain and tightening. Suffered the whole night. Take care ladies.. I have the midwife appointment tomorrow should see what happens..

1 person likes this.
  7. Mirraa03

Mirraa03 Silver IL'ite

Dear Swaroo,

Thank you very much for the tip reg heartburn..will try them for sure..And you have made my life easier now..Thank u so much..i was very much worried abt that hiccups..but now i am very much relaxed..Yes when i sat like you said, baby started moving freely and these hiccups have stopped..Very useful suggestion.

I must say you are our group's encyclopedia :) :) Take care..

8. Poonamk1

Poonamk1 Silver IL'ite

Yes dear.. these are hiccups.. I also feel that.. :).. nicely explained by swaroo..
    Take care..

1 person likes this.
  9. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your kind words. And regarding what your DH said, well, you're carrying your baby for 40 weeks--that in itself is a big deal, everything else is just the icing on the cake :)

3 people like this.
  10. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

thanks dear

1 person likes this.