April 2013 Moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by startswithanem, Jul 30, 2012.

1. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Panchami,
    Since my baby wt looks less (1.9kgs@34 weeks), i discussed wid her abt increasing d weight thru' some protein supplements. At dat time she told that d weight is ideal n if d baby becomes too big it ll be difficult to have a ND n we have to go for C-Sec.

2. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi simplegirl,
    My doctor said @34 weeks once the baby is head down, it would not change positions.

3. keeraj

keeraj Bronze IL'ite

People who are attending prenatal classes, is ur DH accompanying u to d sessions. My sessions are coming up in the following week but itz difficult for him to accompany me. Is it ok to attend alone?

4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Dear panchami,

tomorrow is my scan and consultation. Everybody are saying that baby has dropped down and may be in head down position by seeing my belly. But during my last visit my Dr told, by march 15 only I am completing full term ie 37 weeks and up to that I can go for work. To avoid pre-term labour she has given me duvadilan tablets which I have to take until march 15.

I have really lost all of my energy and couldn't even walk. Let's see what happens. Tomorrow I will update the result.

5. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

prikir,

thanks for your list. You have remembered me of the left out items.

6. PanchamiA

PanchamiA Senior IL'ite

hi jeniflora..

we both are just one week apart.i wil complete 37 vks by march 9..
    same in my case too' to avoid preterm labour am taking duvadilan..

am having my scan next week..thot to go on thursday or friday(march 7 or 8)..
    hope to know something by then...
    all best for your scan..waiting for your updates..

yes i too feel very tired,nt able to walk or even stand..
    feel like sleeping all th time..want time to fly fast,so that i can be free of all these discomforts..

7. PanchamiA

PanchamiA Senior IL'ite

somebody if possible post an updated list of our EDDs,that wud be useful...

8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Dear April moms

I guess there are many of you from Blore

I need a quick input from you..

I have recently moved to Blore-Malleshwaram...and would most likely go to Dr Anuradha S in cloudnine

would you know if she is good? or that she can handle high risk cases? I have conceived twins in my 2nd ivf with many yrs of treatment, so this phase is very precious for me

my pune gynaec is insisting on me meeting Hema Diwakar in Bannerghata

9. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Cotton Bedding - I just stitched in the house. I took my mothers cotton saree and folded in to square shaped, bed like, and stitched all the corners. If you really want it to be thick, then u can combine 2 sarees together and stitch.

BuviVishal - Nursing bras are front open bras. Few bras just have a hook in front. Few have side buttons on both sides. Reg baby bath , till the time we are in the hospital nurse will clean the baby. In our tradition, we just wipe with cotton cloth for the 10 days, and on 11th day naming ceremony we make the baby bath for the first time. At that time we use payatha maavu. U can mix little water in the powder and b4 apply on the baby, so that u can just remove any hard particles in the maavu (just in case, like stones or any other particles which r not ground properly).

Veenaruban - Have a healthy pregnancy and safe dlvy. Cloth diapers we get in total mall, mom and me, born baby and most of the baby shops do have them. Cotton bed i didnt buy, stitched in the house only.

PanchamiA - I have stitched our traditional triangle cloth diapers. Also purchased few from shop, which is wider on the back and little thin on the front with knots. 'Payatha maavu' - is green gram powder which is used to make the baby bath instead of soap. 'Bindhi' - is kajal.

I agree, even i was not that ok with nursing bras. But better option, to use when we go out or when some one visits us. Just to avoid the over flowing milk. For my DD, when i was at home i dont prefer to wear bras at all. as i feel them more tight and lazy to remove them for every 2hrs :)

Home Made Kajal(mai) preparation:
    Take Betel leaf (vethalai in Tamil) and apply castor oil on the bottom of the leaf. Show that in candle or any low flame light like deepam. Dont show it on the stove. Slowly, that will start turning black. U can just remove the back from ur hand and put it in small container. 3-4 betel leaves black kajal will come for 1yr approx.

10. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

Thats pretty good listing... Kudos.

1 person likes this.