'Mom-to-be' in November 2012

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Beryl, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Sansub! :)
    GOD bless your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood!
    Take care of yourself & your LO!

2. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Thanks for the wishes.
    I had a c-section delivery. Below is my birth story.

I went to the hospital on 18th nov night as I had pains coming often and also had lots of blood discharge.
    On going there, they took me to labor ward and I was checked for dilation, it was 1cm only, but they attached monitors to monitor contractions and saw that they were coming often, so asked me to get admitted. They gave me pitocin, to make contractions effective.
    next morning around 10am, my doctor came and saw and I was 3-4cm dilated, and contractions were coming well and strong.
    Then she broke my water forcibly and said contractions will increase in duration and i will dilate soon.
    Around 4pm, when they checked, I was in lot of pain, but dilation had not increased. I was still 3-4cm, but pain was too much. i was taking all the pain inside and not shouting at all.
    Then doctor said we will wait till 7pm and increased dosage of pitocin. I took epidural then but it was one sided, I could feel the contractions slightly on the other side, then the anesthesiologist came and the problem was solved by making me turn on sides.
    at 7pm, dilation was still 3-4cm, no progress, but contractions were fast and every minute and lasting a minute. Doctor said lets do c-section as water was already broken and we can't wait too long.
    So we agreed. I cried a bit, as I had undergone the pains, but wasn't sure why I wasnt dilating. I wanted normal delivery.
    But then I was quickly became ok after thinking about the best for me and baby.
    A little after 10pm I saw my princess. My hubby and mom were with me in operation room and my dream came true on seeing my princess and her first cry. She was so fair, so cute, so pretty, my dream come true.

7 people like this.
  3. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

also forgot to add, when my water was broken, baby's heartbeat suddenly fell, and I was given oxygen for sometime, then her heartbeat stabilized.
    Also, by 7pm I got chills and fever and I was shivering during my surgery and even after that the whole night.

4. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Congrats SM,

Your story reminded me of my delivery. My case was also the same. After waiting for 11 hours and going through all the labour pain, the dilation was only 7 cms. Hence I had to go through a C Section. Sometimes I feel that I should have waited for a long time, may be I would have dilated completely but then I cant change the past. I still feel depressed because of it, as I feel that its my mistake. But I did what I thought was best for my baby at that time.

5. uvs

uvs New IL'ite

Dear ladies
    I had normal delivery.vaginal tear was stitched.40 days passed yet some thread is sticking.when will the stitch completely dissolve.

6. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,

How r u all doing? How is parenting and motherhood so far, My daughter will be 3m tomorrow and there are many changes in her. She smiles at people, recognises me, responds when people call her by her name etc... the painful part is she stays awake during night. she wakes up excatly at 11:30 and stays till 3am. sometimes she sleeps by 1am but most of the days its only after 3am. i tried different ways but she is on her schedule. I have come to my hometown so as to keep her away from harsh Delhi cold. will return back by feb end.

wish to hear from u all, take care
    sudha

1 person likes this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    Babies sleeping habits will keep changing for months. You can try sleeping in the extended morning or noon time. Hope soon her schedule will change & let the mom sleep peacefully in night. Take care dear.

8. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

hey sudha
    nice to hear from you :)
    Your DD was born on oct 15 right? so she will be starting her 3m from tomorrow right?
    even i have the same complaint with my DD she wakes up around 11:30 and goes to sleep only after 3 or 3:30 in morning..my mom says babies are like that still first 3m then they change their sleeping pattern itseems so hang on its only 1 more month for you :)

My Updates : my milk flow has come down though i feed her regularly but still after 3 to 5 mins of feeding my breast dries up and i have to offer her the other side. i am top feeding her daily twice with lactogen 30ml per feed and rest of the times i BF her. i have noticed one strange thing with my milk flow, usually i will get sufficient milk during night and its only day time that my breast dries up i donno why???? if anybody has idea about this plz share...
    And thank you all for the wishes.
    Hope you guys are rocking with your new bee's :)

9. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi

Vasu,

You are right, my mom says the same. she is not cranky during nites all she wants is someone to speak to her and hold her. She is super active during nites. though i love talking to her and enjoy her smiling face i feel sleepy after few minutes. From two days i am following her schedule, sleep with her during day for at least 2-3hrs, that way we both spend good time during nights.

Zainab

I share everything u mentioned in ur post. I dont think ur supply has decreased its that ur baby has become expert in sucking out the milk. even my lil one finishes on both breasts within 20-30 min initially it used to be 15min on each side. i too topfeed her with lactogen 2-3 times a day- she happily finishes 60-90ml in a single go. My doc says its fine as long as she takes B'feed rest of the time. During day times the feed gap is abt 4-5hrs and by evening its 2-3hrs so i feel i am unable to supply adequately to her demands. At times she gets so demanding that she refuses to take b'feed then i give her 30-40ml and then put her on b'feed. Pediatrician says she is healthy and all her parameters are perfect. so i have no complains, lets hope our lil one's sleeping patterns change:)

bye! take care,
    sudha

10. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Today my baby was given BCG Vaccination and Oral Polio drops. Now her weight is 4.6 Kg. When we talk to her, she smiles back. She sleeps around 2 every night and sometimes it takes a longer time for her to sleep. She wakes up even if there is a little sound. Olive oil was making her skin tan so started using virgin coconut oil. Now her skin tone is looking good.

Sudha, babies are so much wide awake during night times, It is so much difficult to make them sleep. My mom sings for her and she enjoys it during night time. Once she stops singing baby will start to cry.

Zainab, for milk supply we have to keep eating every now and then apart from our regular meals. Dry fish also helps in increasing milk supply.