September 2011 Moms to be

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by stork82, Jan 11, 2011.

1. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Thanks Nithya:)

So how have u been? NT scan done for u? I go next week.

Priyanka

2. Pinky8007

Pinky8007 New IL'ite

Hey Girls....Happy Monday....I got a call from my doctor & they said that my NT Scan results are normal...nothing to worry:)
    My parents have informed our extended family & My Grandma is super excited to become Great Grand Mom:)
    Entered my 13th week today & still not much recovery from the way I feel...MS is till there, not much cravings & I am exhausted!!!
    Hopefully by the end of 14th week....I will feel better...keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Hi Sangeetha
    Yeah I heard that most of the twins are delivred through C-Section, take care..you will surely complere full 38 weeks...& have two cutie pies:)

Hi Chotumeetu....I I am in my 13th week starting today...but my due date is Sept 5th...I feel I should be one day behind you na...don't know. Anyways...how are you feeling...has your MS gone? Mine keeps comings...actually today has been really bad. Also headaches....I thght since we are approaching end of 1st Timester...it will be good...but I don't see much changes in the way I feel :drowning

Priyanka...congrats as all your resukts were good, I don't have much knowledge on the blood sugar level but as per others comments I don't think there is much to worry.

Everyone else...take care...Best of luck!!!

3. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

pinky,Iam also confused with EDD calculation.I dont have headache now a days.touchwood.I have hand cramps.Its because of sleeping position.I have sleepless nights:spin.I might need to ask for calcium supplements.Anyone here prescribed with calcium,iron or any such tablets?

I had a sharp pain in my abdomen last night.Do I need to bother?

4. natbann

natbann Senior IL'ite

Hi Stork, thanks so much for checking on the ‘silent’ readers…:hiya I did not have much updates from my end. Hence did not post anything. NT scan is scheduled for March 14<SUP>th</SUP>. So it is wait and wait until then.

Last week, my manager asked me if I was pregnant.:shock: I had to explain to her about how my first scan did not got that well and hence I wanted to wait it out before I told her blah blah blah and then asked her how she guessed it and if she could see the ‘baby bump’ already? To that she told me that she could see a ‘pregnancy glow’ in my face and that made her ask me the question! So for those of you who want to play it safe, wear less make up girls ha ha ha!:biglaugh

Other than that, I have not yet told my daughter or anyone, except parents and inlaws about the ‘news’.:shhh: I am thinking of waiting till the scan in a couple of weeks to make sure all is well, before I make the announcement. I guess most of you may have disclosed the news to close family members, but I came across a few sites in which there are different exciting ways to share the news with family and friends. For those of you who are yet to break the news, you may want to browse through the internet for some fun ideas…some are really cool.

My nausea is a little better :thumbsup, although sore breasts seems to be adamant and sticking on!:-(. I have slowly started to get some food cravings and satisfied myself with some yummy samosa chaat this weekend :drool. Weather was good, so I went for a long walk to justify my appetite!:rotfl

Priyanka, don’t worry about the elevated post sugar levels.. it is normal for sugar levels to shoot up and again your fasting levels are fine. So chill out and enjoy. My cousin had the same situation and she delivered a healthy chubby baby boy last year. Good luck on your NT scan next week.:thumbsup.

Chotu, sorry to hear about your abdomen pain. Don’t worry. It might be due to acidity. It is best to check with your doctor if it keeps coming. Regarding supplements, I am not sure. I have been asked to take just the prenatals.

On all those whose NT scan results are normal, congrats! Time for you to sit back and enjoy! Do pray for us.

Hope you all continue to have a healthy and happy one! Keep posting about your experiences. It is so interesting to read them.:cool2:!

Cheers!
    Divya

5. Manavi

Manavi New IL'ite

Hello all,

This is Manavi. I had been a silent reader all these days.
    But want to let u all know that my due date is 5th sep and I m in my 13th week. Just had my NT scan last week...awaiting results....
    I had few questions regd cosmetics to be used.
    Can we use dove cream for face and regular Indian soaps we get in US like hamam,rexona or mysore sandal ?
    Also, I am using maybellene/loreal lipsticks..can we use them ?
    I have stopped using perfumes and deos...
    Please advise.....
    Also,please suggest with a good cream/gel for stomach itching....

Cheers,
    Manavi.

6. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

welcome to the club manavi:cheers,Best wishes with your NT scan results.is it your first pregnancy?.we can use all soaps.I dont use perfumes/deos and lipsticks.

I use body moisturiser for itching,You could apply cocoa butter too.(all body butters from TheBodyShop)

Baby dust to you:thumbsup

7. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

ChotuMeetu, I have been taking calcium tablets as prescribed by my doc - Shelcal once in the morning.

dear all, I've been facing evening sickness most of the days...after 6:30-7 PM, I feel like throwing up and don't feel like eating dinner. But since I need to take the medicines, I force myself to eat a little. But eventually, I throw up. Can you please suggest some home remedies to control this? thanks!

- Anu

8. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Manavi: Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the Sep'11 club..:wave The problem of itching around the stomach was discussed in our own thread sometime back, and the kind of suggestions that came in from the posters ranged from olive oil to cocoa butter to gentle oil massaging around the stomach to avoid stretch marks..

Divya: All the best for the NT scan..Your narration on how your manager found out made an interesting read..In particular, your suggestion on wearing less make up made it really humorous! :thumbsup. ..I still haven't told everyone..To some really close friends who have kids in the 0-1 year range, I let them know by saying, very soon their babies will have company..I broke the news to my grandma by asking her how she would feel on becoming a greatgrandmom..to which the way she reacted cannot be described in words...I felt sooo happy..for the rest of the extended family, my parents did the honors..:idea

Hi Pinky! Congratulations on the NT scan result! After this NT milestone, very soon we will all be finding out and discussing the next tests in line ..I am waiting for that phase..My NT scan is 3 days later..Please pray for me..Jai Sai Ram! :bowdown

Amal: Enjoy all the attention!Thank you for addressing my concern..BTW should you need any assistance in settling down in the new place, just let me know..Will point you to the right contacts..

Nithya: Glad to know that things are good your end..I am assuming you are yet to get your NT scan done..When is that happening? All the best! Keep us informed of the result!

ChotuMeetu: I remember my doc telling me that she would prescribe the iron and calcium supplements for me in the second trimester. Basically, multivitamin tablet (if required) and folic acid supp in the first trimester and calcium/iron tabs in the second..I am visiting her this friday, so I'l check with her again and let you know..

Karanu: Sorry to hear that..Though I don't have any first hand experience, I thought this thread could be help.

Thatz all from my side ladies..My mom is here with me these days..So I am getting to eat some yummy food..:)
    ..Today it is Aloo bath and raitha for lunch...and I just can't wait for the afternoon. must have visited the kitchen some 10 times already to see the progress.LOL (Drooling)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  9. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Hullo Ladies:hiya

Hope everyone if fine!

Stork.....Even i am getting all the pamperings from MIL now:thumbsup Its so much fun....i wait 2 go back home to gorge on her food. Tomorrow is a holiday and she said she will make Peas-Kachori:yes: and Aloo dum! I want to sit in a time machine:biglaugh

Pinky....Congrats on your NT scan:thumbsup Pray for me as well. Also congrats on completing your 1st trim! Sometimes women face MS till 16th week also....hope thats not the case with u. Take care.

Manavi....Welcome to our club dear. Just be tension free and use all the mentioned soaps and creams and also lipsticks. They are completely harmless. And regarding itchy skin u can apply olive oil or coconut oil ar even body butter from Bath and body works. Generally itchy skin means your skin is dry....hydrate it!

Divya....All the best for your NT scan dear. All will be well. Have heard that u can see your baby fully at 12 weeks.....its so exciting na. Just think of that and put off all stress. Take care.

Chootumeetu,

Ab pains if they are untolerable and accompanied by spotting then u should worry. Some sharp pain for a minute or so here and there is a sign of your uterus expanding. I too get it from time to time Just relax ok. Nothing to worry.

Now my update :- Since 2 days or so....my legs and hands are itching. I have a SIL who delivered in November also had it and she said it gets bad later in pregnancy and it has no cure.:rant After 2 hours of delivery it was magically gone:hide: Just praying its just normal itching and doesnt persist:bowdown Applying body butter!
    I have also started telling selective people since 10 weeks. Parents, In-laws and Grandparents knew it just from the beginning. My Granny jumped out of joy:rotfl The experience of breaking the news is in itself so exciting.....am loving it!:)

Take care ladies and God bless all your LOs.

Priyanka

10. Nithyab

Nithyab Silver IL'ite

Hi

Stoke - U r right my NT scan is not done yet it was scheduled on 18th of March. will surely tell u my experiance

Priyanka - Even i am feeling Itching from past 2 or 3 days. Think our kids started growing upin size :thumbsup and soon i need to buy some new clothes:).

Chotumeetu - Till now i am taking only folic acid tablets and my doc told she will start Calcium and Iron tablets during my next visit by then i will be in my 13th week.

Manavi - i had this same doubt and asked my doc she asked me to apply coconut oil. I apply coconut oil and ponds body moisturizer alternatively

:cheers
    Nithya