June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. senmalar

senmalar Senior IL'ite

Sure Bril...Take care...:)

2. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hey Sandhya,

Very comforting to see your reply. Guess i am unnecessarily getting worried and worked up. Infact, my hubby was joking saying if i stop worrying abt weight gain... i will surely start gaining weight!!
    But couldnt stop worrying yesterday so vented out here. I am not very tall though, so if i wear fitting dresses ppl can notice my cute lil bump :)
    I am eating at regular intervals too. But i need to drink more water i guess and also take curd more regularly now that my cough has almost gone.

Thanks a lot for replying... it really helped.

Take good care of yourself and ur LO :)

3. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Caramel - welcome to this club. how is your morning sickness?

Akila - luckily I am not throwing up like before , just feeling very sick and tired and weak in the mornings.. the climate being very cold also it becomes all the more difficult to get up in the mornings.

Bril- i am worried about my rapid weight gain actually.. as long as you are eating right and healthy it should be fine I guess.. but try to include more of dry fruits and milk .And ur hubby is right in a way... stop worrying and you may start putting on weight :)

sandhya - posting after a long time.. I am also 28 and first time mom.. so same pinch :cheers

Suja - because of bloating I already started having a big tummy from 2nd month itself.. now the bloating is gone and I guess the bump is very much visible.. since I was in over weight category till few months back, people who dont know that I am pregnant would actually think I am back to being over weight again :rotfl

4. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

Thank you sujatha, soniya, akijay, bril and sandhya for your wishes.

@sujatha - yes, definely I was surprised as my EDD was 2 July. Either way I count, I still feel I'm 12 wk + 6 days. But my dating scan showed me one week ahead....hence, the date change. They told me that they wouldn't further change it. Lets see :)!

@Sandhya - he he..I know..sounds like a ice cream flavour I guess :)..you can call me shruti....and btw I'm 27 and its my first one too :)....so all excited about it.

Hi Sankna - Thank you..I never had too many symptoms to begin with except for feeling of indigestion throughout the day and tiredness. Thats stopped now and I'm a bit more energetic these days. I see that you do still feel lot tired these days..I'm sure you will feel lot better soon...and its nice to knwo you are already showing baby bump..thts sweet...I check my mirror alternate days..but there's just a tiny bump :(...

Take care all

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  5. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

@Ranchu,Thanks for dropping in.Hope your nausea and vomitting has stopped...

@Bril,Stop worrying dear..YOu can gradually gain weight its not too late now..You just need 300 more calories per day during pregnancy..

@sankna,we both are sailing in the same boat..I am gaining weight like anything..Hopefully this time my doc should not complain about my weight gain..

Merry christmas to all..By next christmas all our cutiepies will be 6 months old..We will have a great time playing with them..Hope you all enjoy the holidays..

6. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Yes Akila - same pinch for the weight gain. What all are you doing these days to manage weight ?

I have started walking , try to everyday but last week could do only for 3 days due to morning sickness on the rest of the days. I have shifted to brown rice- I am cooking in excess water and draining the kanji out. I would also blame my excessive sweet & snack eating till now due to craving , I have to bring that into control.

Friends, anyone started having butterfly sensation in the tummy area yet? I have still not felt anything like that till now.. just pricking sensation through out the day in the lower abdomen below navel area- I guess its the uterus expanding.

Our babies can listen and react to voices and noises now...so the beautiful singers here - bril,suja & aki - I guess your LO's are lucky to have their mom sing to them.... :)

7. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Sankna,

I am also having brown rice from 1month..Walkin for 40mins..I talk to my mom and walk around the house:)..I feel something like butterfly flutters,but not sure if its baby or gas..I am so fond of sweets like you,i had craving for thirupathi laddu and my mom sent it through someone,i finished it in 2 days....but i don't take sugar in milk...Do you still hav the itch feelin?Did you meet the doc?

8. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Akila, the itching has gone now, but I have got scars in those places because of itching :-( :-( like chicken pox scars , lots in the tummy area and in thigh. I am applying coconut oil, hopefully they vanish !!

9. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hello June Mommies :)

How are you all doing?
    @akijay : Thanks for your kind words akila. I am making sure i eat at frequent intervals. I am gonna be at my mom's place till pongal.. My mom is all excited at the thought of a grand child that, she is just planning on stuffing me properly :p She already told me that also:D

Hope you also enjoyed your christmas weekend!

@sankna : How are u feeling now? Has ur MS reduced now? Do verify with you gynec if its okay to eat starchless rice now. Thats done when starch is not needed in the body. But with ur LO growing and all its tissues and muscles forming, is it a good idea to reduce starch? Kindly talk to your doc regarding this. I dunno much about this, but read this in a website
    and I am just quoting it here.
    "To ensure a healthy diet for mother and child, it is recommended that
    pregnant women stick to diet rich in protein, fibre, calcium and iron.
    In general it is recommended that you intake at least five portions of
    fruit or vegetables a day, this being even more important to follow whilst
    pregnant to ensure fibre levels are kept high. To maintain high calcium
    levels, diets should be rich in dairy products such as milk, cheese and
    yoghurts; this combined with lean red meat and chicken along with a high
    intake of foods such as rice and pasta which have a high starch content, will ensure the best possible diet for mother and child."

I keep practising singing now and then sankna. Its my fav hobby :) Now with the music season in Chennai, I get to also hear a lot of good music on TV too!

@aki and Sankna:
    As for craving of sweets and snacks,u can still eat them but in limited amounts and eat some fruits. For example, if u crave for some sweet, Have some fruits first and then eat 1 piece of sweet. That way, U wont feel the urge to gulp down many sweet pieces but still satisfy your
    craving. Try it out.
    Also, Check out if u can eat Museli.U get that in all super markets.It is a mixture of oats and rice flakes with dry fruits and can be eaten with milk.Its healthy and sweet as well :)

Friends, I have been feeling some flutter kinda sensations.:) It feels more like a gas bubble in the lower abdomen.Its a vague feeling to describe bcos you cant be sure whether its the baby or just gas :D But also hv to concentrate to register it.I think most times i fail to take note of it!

Take care all of you... Wish you all beautiful days ahead as we look forward to a very special new year in our lives :) :)

10. gmanju82

gmanju82 New IL'ite

Hey Congrats on your Pregnancy...

My due date is on June 7th.I am in my 4th month and am expecting baby boy.

How do you feel now..