Ideas for fancy dress competition!

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by VrittiK, Jun 22, 2012.

1. VrittiK

VrittiK Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I need to prepare a group of children aged 2-4 years for fancy dress competition....there is no topic as such but they should be somewhat different.

Can anyone of you suggest me good ideas on dressing small kids especially girls and how to work on the dress they wear since I'll have to make the dress myself as I have no idea on the shops that give these dresses on rent.

Making a princess or butterfly for girls seem to be very common so I don't want to go for it!

Any other good and creative ideas will be great help!

Thanks in advance!

2. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Following are the few ideas:

• [FONT=&quot]Flowers: Use paper craft to create petals for sunflower, lotus etc.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Fruits and vegetables: You can create colorful fruits like apple, mango, grapes using paper, colors and balloons. Don’t forget to make a few leaves and a cap with a stem.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Festivals: Christmas, Gokul Asthami, Diwali(Indian festivals): a few ideas are Santa Clause, Reindeer, Christmas tree, angel, sledge, gift box, Easter Bunny, Easter egg, kite, lamp(diya), fire cracker, Lord Krishna, Lord Ganesha etc.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Other ideas: Clock, Milk Carton, Rainbow, Tree, Clown etc.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]For more ideas: you can look into: http://life-livewell.com/kids/fancy-dress-ideas-kids[/FONT]

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. jayanakra

jayanakra New IL'ite

hi
    you can try making her noodles ... add a lot of wool on her dress and hair ....to give her that look

my sis in law tries it for her son and was a hit
    all the best !!

4. priyasudheer

priyasudheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Vrittik,
    I made my son to dress up like a Egg last year, i have made a boiled egg transfer sectional(small yellow prat and white part) with a card board and also crown of egg and wrote on that as Sunday hoya monday roj khav Ande...

Even you can dress him like a water drop and teach him like am a water drop please save me for future generation too... Please don't waste me Save me and Save you future generation.

1 person likes this.
  5. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

we can dress up the kids like railway porter, tea boy etc and can write a slogan as "Prevent Child labour, give them education" etc etc..

6. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Noodles/Maggi seems to be a very good idea....Can you please elaborate on the specifications.
    I mean how to you stick wool on clothes or you stick it on a chart paper and tie it around the baby's clothes?

Also, baby could hold one fork and one spoon in her hands...that will look really good...and I am sure all the little ones will love it...Nice idea Btw :)
    Cheers!

7. ShreejaN

ShreejaN New IL'ite

Dear Riddhima,

I would suggest you put a link back to a website before copy pasting stuff straight out of it. Writing an article requires a lot of efforts before you just pass it on as yours.

You have lifted the content straight out of The Life Studio
    Fancy Dress Ideas - Fancy Dress Competitions | The Life Studio

Shreeja N

8. HarshiniJ

HarshiniJ New IL'ite

Almost every school organizes various co-curricular activities for students. These activities help the children to open up and be participative. Co-curricular activities like dance competition, singing competition, fancy dress etc help the children to know their hidden talents as well as increase their self confidence.

9. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ilities!

just wanted to share.... that yesterday we had fancy dress event in our society as a part of new year celebration & i made my 1.10yr old son as a bunch of grapes & i swear tht i felt so happy & gud while preparing for it.... This was his second appearance on stage. last time during Ganapati festival, i made him Chhota Bheem !

Thanks for the ideas shared here.....