Swollen Feet during Pregnancy!

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by MansiS, Jun 20, 2012.

1. MansiS

MansiS Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

My sister is in her third trimester and she has very bad swollen feet, so much so she is unable to wear any slippers or shoes.

Is it normal to have swollen feet during pregnancy? We searched for the same stuff on internet but somehow we got scared after reading all the information.
    We even asked our doc and she said that was normal but we wonder, if they will get ok after her delivery.

She is even unable to walk and has to sit by keeping her feet on a chair or a stool...this has become a real pain.

Has this happened with anyone?

2. ManuSethi

ManuSethi Senior IL'ite

Hi Mansi,

Yes, this is perfectly normal, this is because of the excess of weight of the baby on the abdomen and kidney.

This will perfectly be normal after some days of you sisters delivery and there is nothing to be worried about.
    Last trimester is usually the most difficult one because of the growing tummy and weight etc etc. so just relax. I am sure the pain will be worth once you see the little one :))

Also, just an advice, please do not read any stuff from the internet, it is just a general stuff and nothing specific. It is always advisable to talk to your gynae or midwife... they are very experienced in all this stuff and they very well know when it is the alarming state.

So just relax and enjoy the baby move since after delivery, I am sure your sister will miss this time a lot!:))

All the very best!

3. hoda

hoda Senior IL'ite

Dear nothing to worry about.your Blood Pressure is O.K.?Don't hang down ur feet more than 1 hour.when you sleep ,ur feet should be slightly elevated.it helps in blood circulation and swelling will reduced.Good Luck.

4. MansiS

MansiS Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot Manu...I feel good now.

Told everything to my sister and she too is at ease now....Thanks a lot for your advice and suggestions.

But you know, the first help of any problem seems to be internet but I agree with you that it has a lot of generic and extra stuff and once we read that especially, a person who is going through it reads anything on internet, he/she is damn to go under pressure......

My sister got so tensed that she even stopped eating and used to cry a lot thinking that something tragic will happen....but now she is fine and I thank you again for a lovely note.

Thanks for your wishes.