Menthula pulusu (A special ,spicy dish)

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by madhupriya24, May 22, 2010.

1. madhupriya24

madhupriya24 New IL'ite

:thumbsup Ingredients
    Kandi pappu (Red gram dal)- 1 cup , Chenaga pappu ( Bengal gram) - 1 cup , Minappappu (Black gram - 1/4 cup , Red chillies - 15, Tamarind - 1/4 cup , Tomatoes (Big) - 2 , Menthulu (Fenugreek seeds) - 2 teaspoons. , Onion -1 medium size,Inguva(Asafoetida_ - a pinch , Oil- 2 teaspoons

Preparation method :
    1) Fry the red gram dal,bengal gram dal,red chillies,fenugreek seeds , sliced onion in a kadai until they turn golden brown . Add a little asafoetida while turning off.
    2) Take the above fried items into a pressure-pan and add water to it sufficient for boiling and in another small bowl ,add tamarind and tomatoes and keep it in the pan.
    3) Boil the items in the pan until it gets smooth.(or leave it for 5-6 whistles).
    4) After the pan gets cooled , mash together the tamarind , tomatoes , boiled daal and keep aside.
    5) Heat oil in kadaai and add mustard seed , cumin seeds to it until they splatter . Add it to the daal and boil for 6-7 minutes.

I challenge you your neighbours will certainly peep into your house with jealousy..

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Madhupriya,

Good recipe that you have shared.
    What with your challenge about neighbours peeping...so will I be made to share it with them whenever I make it :biggrin2:

3. yaajushi

yaajushi New IL'ite

Interesting recipe. Will give a try.

4. singam2

singam2 Senior IL'ite

I will try too.