Telugu Cuisine

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by kcb, Sep 15, 2014.

1. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Jeelakara karam pettina Green Vankaya

Recipe:

Take 1 tablespoon cumin, 2 garlic cloves, 4 red chillies and a pinch of salt. Pound t a smooth paste in a mortar and pestle.

Pick 15 young and firm green brinjals. Remove the stem end and wash. Finely slice brinjals lengthwise .

Heat a wide skillet. Add a teaspoon of peanut oil. When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp mustard seeds and few curry leaves and roughly chopped 4 cloves garlic. When they start to turn to gold, add the brinjal pieces.

Saute on medium-high heat, mixing in-between. Green brinjals cook fast, so be ready with aromatic cumin powder. Sprinkle the cumin powder and also turmeric and salt to taste. Toss to mix well and cook few more minutes, until the brinjal pieces are just tender but still green. Serve hot.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

Gongura pachadi ( my method)

gongura leaves 2 bunches

For seasoning:
    garlic pods 9 to 10
    dry red chillies 5 to 6
    mustard seeds 2 tsp
    methi seeds 2 tsp
    salt as per taste
    hing a pinch
    oil 3 tbsp

remove gongura leave from stems, clean them and wash these leaves properly, at least 3 to 4 times in running water. All sand and mud will be removed this way.
    separate and dry these leaves on a cloth either in sun or under fan for for some time.
    now in a pan heat 1 tsp oil and roast garlic pods after peeling them. when they are soft remove and keep them in a cup. now in the same pan fry all ingredients for seasoning except salt. remove them and make a powder in mixie small jar after they are cool. now put remaining oil in the pan and fry gongura leaves. after they become soft and pachi smell of leaves is gone remove from heat. in this gongura leaves paste add fried garlic, and seasoning powder and salt and mix it well, so that sal and masala gets mixed properly in gongura paste. After it is totally cool you can keep in bottle.
    This will keep for at least 10 days if u dont put wet spoon in it.
    This tastes good with rice+ghee and small onions.

8 people like this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

GONGURA PACHCHADI WITH GREEN CHILLIES:

Ingredients:

1. Gongura Leaves (cleaned as mentioned by Padmaja in her recipe above)
    2. Green Chilles (according to your spice level)
    3. Garlic Pods
    4. Onion (cut into small pieces)
    5. Salt
    6. Oil 1 tbsp for frying
    7. Seasoning Ingredients: 1tbsp oil, jeera, mustard seeds and curry leaves (Optional)

Preparation:

1. There are two methods: Either you can fry the Gongura leaves and green chillies in 1 tbsp of oil "OR" you can boil them in a pan with little water. I prefer the first method of frying.
    2. Grind the fried gongura leaves and green chillies by adding salt and garlic pods.
    3. Just before removing the chutney, add onion and grind for 1 or 2 seconds (Onions should not be mashed) "OR" you can cut onion into small tiny pieces and just mix into the chutney after transfering into a bowl. (I prefer this)
    4. You can season the chutney if you wish (Optional) "OR" you can just have it without seasoning.

4. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Annam lo Podi is one of my fav podi, combo with chintakaya pachadi is what we were relishing as kids on rainy days..

Here you go:

Ingredients:
    -----------------
    Channa dal -1 cup
    Tur dal - 1/2 cup
    Moong dal - 1/2 cup
    Urad dal- 1/2 cup
    Red chillies- 10 to 12
    salt as per taste

Dry roast everything separately and blend in mixie without adding water.

Its very simple and yummy!!!

3 people like this.
  5. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

hey i was not aware we have a podi named annam lo podi

6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

That's what I am trying to figure out too..

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

oh my god... our family all time fav pachadi... yes adding lot of onions finely chopped gives a very good taste..

8. IndianLady009

IndianLady009 Gold IL'ite

Stuffed Bendi.

This is not really a curry..but quick curry types,when I am alone at home and dont feel like doing lots of cooking and yet want to eat thats yummy.

1)Wash the bendi(prefebly letha bendakaya).
    2)Cook the rice in cooker/electric cooker.
    3)As soon as the rice is done(if it is the pressure cooker,as soon the whistle comes out and rice is super hot and if it,electric cooker,it will be as soon as the button turns to done/ready).
    4)put the bendi as it is in rice.Meaning stuff them in the rice,and make sure the bendi is totally in the rice,only the top should be visible,to pull them out later.
    5)Again cover the rice and leave it for 10mts,the bendi gets cooked by the steam/hotness from the nice.
    6)After 10minutes,pull the bendi out and leave it for couple of minutes to get it cool.
    7)In the mean time,in a small bowl,take red chilli powder,salt and little bit of jeera and mashed garlic(optional) and mix it by addng little bit oil and make it like a paste(dont put too much of red chilly powder,this is as per the spice you want)
    8)Then cut bendi like a small split in the middle and stuff this mixture in the bendi and leave it to get cool.
    9)Eat it with white rice and ghee,like bite the bendi and take it with the rice...and you can also eat this in the sambar etc..

4 people like this.
  9. ammmullu

ammmullu Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much hastro garu its useful for my baby.....

indrajaram and hrastro like this.
  10. ammmullu

ammmullu Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much every day bloom garu YouTube lo kuda search chesanu dorakaledu thank you