1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Make a Fancy Button BADGE within 10 minutes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by swaran, Sep 19, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

Recently my DD celebrated her 2nd birthday...i wanted to make a personalised badge last year for her first birthday and distribute to all the guests who are coming for her party, but then had to drop the plan because making a single personalised badge costed more than Rs90 :-(...

But then i couldnt get that off my mind and hence wanted to try it on my own for her 2nd birthday...i decided to make it myself this time....i thought how it could be done...but the amount of work at my office and home and ofcourse with my naughty DD dint allow my brain to think...:bonk

Just few days were left for her birthday and i still dint get time..decided that i would make these badges only for my family (me,DH,MIL FIL BIL my sis and my parents)...but still dint get the idea of how to go about it....:bonk

It was her birthday and i am still working on arrangements...suddenly that afternoon an idea striked and i made the badges...

It took less than 10 min to make one badge...but dint have time to decorate and alter it properly.... just a small attempt from my side...

Things required
    --------------

(1)Small bangle
    (2)Any small pic of your choice..
    (3)Glue
    (4)Rubber band
    (5)A small cloth piece good enough to cover the bangle
    (6)Any other decorative items like kundan/glitters of your choice
    (7)safety pin

How to make
    ------------
    (1)take the bangle
    (2)Wrap the bangle with the cloth and tie the cloth at the back with rubber band
    (3)take the photo and stick to the front side(opposite to the place where you have tied)...better to take a photo that is bigger than the bangle size so that the bangle is not seen

I used my DD's pic ...that was the idea , to make a personalised badge...wanted to use her pic with some Happy Birthday message around the pic but then dint find time...

(4)Decorate with glitters/kundans
    (5)Put a safety pin at the place where you have tied the cloth with rubber band

thats it :)..your badge is ready

To stick on my DD's first birthday invitation,i resized her 7 month snap to passport size...few were leftover..i used them for making the badge...initially i wanted to get a seperate pic of DD for this,modify to round shape(based on badge size) and put a happy birthday message around the pic...due to time constraint,used the ones i had at home :-D

I made it in a hurry...made all family members to wear it...they all were happy and appreciated me ... :-D

i believe the same can be made with base of different shapes and the photo too can be cut accordingly...items like bottle cap,jam bottle lid,waste thermacol,cardboard and many others could be used as a base...:)

waiting for your C&C

Attached Files:

15 people like this.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Thats the pic of my BIL and DH wearing the badge :)

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  3. renualways

renualways Gold IL'ite

4. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Nice thought.....that baby picture looks so cute !

just an opinion, if the picture was smaller than the round, fitting into the round frame, it would look better i thought. With bigger picture, the trouble you took to make a nice round badge, it got covered, no ? Bigger picture looks like ID card.

5. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Good Idea Swaran. Is that the picture of Dhirthi? So cute

6. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very innovative and cute idea, Swaran and you really must have been continuously thinking about it to get this idea and do it very neatly too..........on time.
    Where there is a will there is a way.

7. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Wow...verynice idea....

8. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

Swaran
    wow... cute idea... hereafter me too use this idea.. welcome for your upcoming ideas.... thanks for sharing...:):-D

9. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

creative idea swaran. thanks for sharing.

10. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Great idea swaran. Thanks for sharing.

Manjukps