1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Craft from Waste Woollen thread:Luggage tags, Flower Pot

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by Meenamohan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meena ji,

Wow, Wow, Wow, very beautiful and useful craft idea.............

Very brilliant idea yaar...........

2. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Thanks vijaya for the nice FB. I think IL is for exchanging ideas ... check your shades thread ... i just left one fb ... It was extremely useful.

3. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the nice comments ....

Yashi ... I think you can be a better person to segregate the fight btwn my kids ... they have already taken them for their school bags ... they tag it in the zip so that its more comfy for pulling .... now i have to make some more for the luggage ...

4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Wow Meena...this is absolutely amazing craft work. Very very creative and useful...I just hope no one steals it from my luggage...because it sure is eye-catchy.

Lovely work.

Jaya

5. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Thanks priya mommy ....

6. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Veni mohan ....
    Thanks for appreciating this small thing ...
    just call me meena please ... Ji makes it very formal ....

7. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

HaHAHA ... JAYA I had a nice laugh reading your FB ... true yar its eye catchy and my nieces took it from mine when i had been to their place for a vacation ... may be u can use it for school bags too ... like my DDs :):):)

8. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Woolen Flower pot from the waste ...

Dear ILs,

I saw this and thought of sharing them with you. A pretty flower pot made out of woolen.

POT AND SAUCER
    Apply a small amount of glue to top 1 in. (2.5 cm) of pot. Wrap glued area with yarn in desired color. Continue to apply glue and wrap yarn around pot, making stripes as desired. In same way, apply yarn to outside of saucer.
    Allow to dry.
    Cut short lengths of yarn and glue onto wrapped pot and saucer, shaping into dots or stripes as desired.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Woolen craft : String Art wreath by kids

Materials required
    1. Woolen balls Red & white ... 1 in each colour
    2. Red glitter (optional, but nice)
    3. white glitter (optional, but nice)
    4. Red (or white) sparkly pipe cleaners (optional, but nice)
    5. White School Glue
    6. Hot Glue Gun / hot glue
    7. Waxed Paper or non-stick cookie sheet.
    8. Ribbon
    Method:

WREATH
    Pour the glue into a bowl, dilute with water if you want, but no more than one part water to four parts glue. Cut a piece of waxed paper as big as you'd like your wreath. If it's not wide enough, cut two sheets and lay them side by side. If you'd like to make sure the wreath is round in the middle, place a bowl or a plate in the middle of the waxed paper to use to mark the center.
    Cut about 3-4 yards (or less if you'd like to make little doilies) of the white yarn (A). Dip it in the glue and make little lace-like loops with it on the waxed paper. If you use up all the yarn and you don't think the wreath is thick or wide enough, you can always cut another piece of yarn and add more -- it is not important if there is an extra end or two because they will stick together! When you like the way the wreath or doily looks, and before it dries, cover it completely in glitter. If you'd like to speed up the drying process, place the wreath in the oven at 150 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
    While the wreath is drying, make the red hearts.
    For the red hearts, you'll need another sheet of waxed paper, and more glue. Dip the red cotton (B) into the glue and make hearts on the waxed paper. Be creative! There is no such thing as a 'wrong' heart!! You can make the hearts small or large, and you can always add pipe cleaners or other decorations to them after they're dry to add a different texture. When you've made as many hearts as you want. Cover them in white or red glitter (or both!). The hearts that look pink in the picture are the ones with the white glitter on them. You can let the hearts dry naturally or pop them in the oven at low temperature.
    When everything is dry, it's time to assemble it! First, you'll need to shake the extra glitter off. This can, of course, be saved for a later project. If the wreath isn't stable enough, go around the back a few times with the hot glue. Working from the front, use the hot glue to attach the hearts to the wreath.

If you'd like, place a red ribbon at the top to hang it up!
    [​IMG]

10. kavithabalaji

kavithabalaji New IL'ite

Re: Woolen Flower pot from the waste ...

HI Mam

What a creative imagination!!!

I like this so much..:bowdown