1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Origami

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by devi67, Jun 16, 2009.

1. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009

2. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

i want to give you a little more information about my art origami (ori means folding gami means paper ) we can make flowers ,vases ,boxes ,many animals birds ,boats plains,what not! all just with a sqare paper.as a primary school teacher i used this art to atract my children to school and increased attendance.today i show you another beautiful vase with flowers.:hiyawrite your views. thanks to shree sundaram,anjali2,mani486,aruna sudha,gvart,anushakmurthy,vidu29, meyyammaie, vijikrishnan,for your nice appreciation

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  3. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

dear frinds
    this is my another flower vase of origami. origami is a simple and crative and a very interesting art.i will givi you 10 good benifits origami
    1. Development of fine 'motor skills' of both hands.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Development of intellectual abilities[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Development of creative abilities[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Activation of the Right and Left hemispheres of the brain[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Development of imagination[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Development of attention[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Development of memory[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. Development of patience[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. Emotional and aesthetic experiences[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10. Joy, satisfaction and pride in your own wo [/FONT]

write your views
    thank you all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  4. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

hai
    frends
    thanks for your appreciation, and encouragement today iwill tell some more interesting things about origami
    1 Everyday origamiis paperfolding which serves a practical everyday purpose and which forms part of the general culture of a society as a whole rather than the special culture of the origami community. Examples of everyday origami are wrapping presents, weakening paper by folding so that it can be torn apart, folding letters to insert them in envelopes, or folding photocopied sheets into booklets, party invitations etc. Functional origami can become everyday origami if it is disseminated sufficiently widely. 2 Ceremonial origamiis paperfolding carried out for ceremonial or religious purposes. In Japan ceremonial origami largely concerned the folding of wrappers - called noshi or tsutsumi - for gifts of flowers etc associated with particular religious festivals throughout the year. In China it is more associated with the folding of Yuan Bao (gold nuggets) which are burned at funerals. This style of origami is now largely of historical interest and significance.
    3Performance origamiis about using paperfolding to produce entertaining, amusing, or sometimes magical, effects. There are two different kinds of performance origami

Performance origami in which the effect lies in the folding process itself, usually in a 'surprise' denouement to the folding sequence.

Performance origami in which the effect is achieved by the manipulation of the finished paperfold. Troublewit is a classic example.

4 Conceptual origamiis the most difficult type of origami to understand or explain. Conceptual origami uses the conventions of origami design, diagramming, or culture to make a serious, humorous or satirical comment about (usually) origami itself or (occasionally) wider issues. 5Craft origamiis what most people would think of when they hear the word origami. Craft origami embraces both the process of creating designs that are intended to be reproducible and the process of reproducing them from personal or recorded tuition, from diagrams, or by reverse-engineering.

The reproduction part of craft origami is not a sterile process. In reproducing the chosen design the folder seeks to personalise it - by careful choice or manufacture of the paper, by the application of folding and finishing skills, and often also by varying the finishing folds to produce an enhanced aesthetic effect.

Craft origami can be divided into representational, abstract, play and functional origami. There are individual notes on each of these

6 Virtual origamiis origami without folding paper. This is not as crazy as it sounds. Experienced model-making paperfolders can often look at a paperfold for the first time and reconstruct the basic folding sequence in their minds. It is a short step from that to being able to visualise a finished model that you want to design and 'unfolding' it to work out how it could be made.
    In addition, origami designers, particularly result-orientated designers working in the model-making field are increasingly using mathematical design techniques and only realising their models in paper once the design process is at an advanced stage.

7 Exploratory origami is the hands-on (trial-and-error) investigation of the possibilities inherent in the paperfolding process.
    8Origami puzzlesare puzzles which relate to the qualities and configurations of folded paper.

Origami puzzles come in two distinct kinds - those which can be solved by trial and error while folding or manipulating paper (a form of exploratory origami) and those which can only be solved by mathematics (perhaps a form of virtual origami).

It is important to distinguish between origami puzzles and origami models of puzzles which were originally designed in another medium such as plastic or wood. The folding of such models is a type of model-making origami.

9 Representational origamiis a form of craft origami which seeks to represent objects and living beings in a recognisable way. This can be done either by the merest suggestion (minimalist origami) or by attempting to achieve a high degree of verisimilitude (model-making origami).

Play origamiis a form of craft origami concerned with the realisation of paperfolds which can function as manipulative novelties or toys. Many traditional paperfolds - including the Flapping Bird - fall into this category.

Playground foldsare folds which are in common use by children in the playground. In UK the most common playground folds are the basic paper dart from a rectangle and the Fortune Teller from a square. (Playground folds could also be considered to be a form of Everyday Origami.)

Paper Aircraftare a variety of play origami, but one that is now taken quite seriously in some quarters (thanks largely to the Guinness Book of Records).

Flexagonsare fascinating novelties made by folding and weaving strips of paper into polygonal forms. These forms can be flexed in many intriguing ways to alter the appearance of their visible surfaces. Flexagons are not strictly origami - but are definitely origamic.

Origami Gamesare games specifically designed to be played by folding paper or which require paperfolds as essential apparatus (eg Jumping Frog races). Making folded paper versions of existing games that normally using apparatus made of other materials (eg origami versions of Tangrams) is a form of model-making origami.

11 Abstract origamiis a form of craft origami which is about the folding of geometric and decorative forms. Usually such forms are produced by straight-line folds alone, but the use of curved crease lines is becoming more common. Straight-line folds in one part of the paper can also be used to induce curves in other areas of the same sheet..
    Abstract origami forms are generally either single-piece or modular. Modular origami is a technique in which sheets of paper are folded into modules or units which are then combined into two or three-dimensional abstract forms.

12 Functional origamiis a form of craft origami that is intended to serve a practical purpose around the home or in the work-place.

Most functional objects - containers, photo-frames, stands etc - are single-piece paperfolds, though there are many excellent modular boxes.

Ornaments may be considered a form of functional origami. Most of the best origami ornaments are modular, though there are some fine single-piece designs as well.

13 Minimalist origamiis a form of representational origami that seeks to capture the essence of a subject in the smallest possible number of folds (usually between 1 and 5 - though there is no hard and fast rule).

14 Pictorial origamiuses paper which is white one side and a single plain colour the other (or a different plain colour each side) to create flat (but not necessarily rectangular) two-colour images of objects, figures, landscapes etc. Many minimalist folds are pictorial, since this technique dramatically increases the representational potential of a few simple folds.

15 Model-making origamiseeks to model plants, living creatures, or inanimate objects in folded paper.

Enthusiasts for this type of origami often subscribe to the ethic that origami should be single-sheet and tend to prefer designs that are as realistic as possible.

This combination of the single-piece ethic and a desire for realism brings the designer straight up against the limitations of paperfolding technique, so it is not surprising that most of the advances in single-sheet origami technique have been achieved by designers working in this field.

Model-making origami is the most popular form of craft origami. Indeed many paperfolders (even paperfolding clubs) tend to concentrate on this form of origami to the virtual exclusion of everything else.

16 Geometric origamiis a general term for the folding of single-piece or modular geometric forms. Geometric origami is often produced as a by-product of exploratory origami. It is important to realise that although its value in terms of exploratory origami may be high this does not necessarily translate into value as craft origami. Unfortunately too many badly differentiated examples of this type of origami are diagrammed (often on a stream-of-consciousness basis) with the result that the (much rarer) good quality work produced in this style is often under-valued.
    17 Abstract sculptureis a form of abstract origami that seeks to produce aesthetically appealing form by folding paper. Many designers have produced single-sheet sculpture using techniques which vary from twist folding through cross-pleating to random crumpling.
    Modular sculptureis abstract sculpture produced by modular origami.
    Macro-modular sculpture is abstract sculpture produced by combining simple modular assemblies into larger structures.

Mathematical modellingmeans the folding of polyhedra or tiles/tiling patterns.

Tiles and/or tiling patterns are usually folded from multiple single-sheets.

Polyhedra can be folded either from single sheets or, usually more effectively, from modules.

In a similar vein, modular origami has been used to model molecular structures, particularly the structure of fullerenes.

19 Origami tesselationsare a form of abstract origami in which multi-layer tilings are produced from a single large sheet of paper by a technique known as twist folding.

.thank you.:thumbsup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  5. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

hai friends,
    Too long discription in my last post,you may be bored?!!!!.
    just i want to tell you how vast origami is.
    Kusudama Flower Tutorial - Cute-Factor
    These kusudama flowers are many types .if you learn basic folds you can learn a lot from net as i did

Oriversity: Base Folds

Just click this Llink.learn basic folds. Browse the ori land have fun with folding.But dont forget to write your views.:thumbsup

6. bindu_ch_79

bindu_ch_79 Bronze IL'ite

7. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  8. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

hai friends
    800viewrs, 53 replys i think good going. Hear is another kusudama for decoration. If any one of you practiced the basic folds , for this kusudama you have to learn wind mill base.you need 12 squares of same size paper and 6 sq of 1/4 size .this link may help you to fold this model.i attached the 1/4 pieces to the model shown in the link

Oriland Origami Studio: Diagrams

folding several identical units to form a model is called MODULAR ORIGAMI.thank you and happy folding.:thumbsup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  9. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

hi friends .

i am ready as i told in my beginning threads ,i made these gift boxes with old wedding cards.each box needs 8 square pieces of same size.the triangle box with 6papers .and the and the octagan is with 12.i will give you the link after looking your reaction.i saw some origami lovers in some other threads .interested people welcome to this thread.i like to share my knowledge with you. we have to fold all the units with same fold ,so as we did in kusudama .this is called unit origami are modular origami.so break the stuck.:thumbsup

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  10. devi67

devi67 Senior IL'ite

hello
    origami lovers , i want to share the procedure of box making but i have to draw the folds one by one .so it is time taking . till that enjoy the kusudama flower folded by my school children .they made petals and i assembled the flower . i assembled the bunch.another photo is my stall of origami in district level exhibition .it gave me a great reputation in teachers and students but in second place .it is because origami is a newly introduced to govt schools .the judges does not have an clear idea.some dirty politics.but still i have an opportunity to participate instate level .there i will prove my talent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009