1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Crochet and Knitting Works

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by jaymg, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Poornima,

Thanks I particularly like those items myself. I am now thrilled with I new bag I made in Crochet. I will post the pics once I attach the handles... Maybe tomorrow.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Jayashree,

Loved all the works. is that a honeycomb stitch in the blanket??

I made a same sweater for dd when she was 1, only i used blue..:cheers.

I made a scarf for my dH (15yrs ago) which he never used. I have been making sweaters for him, and the first one his guru wanted , the second one of his friends and now there is one that is lying in some box in the loft. have to atleast retrieve it to take a photo and store it..?

The clutch looks good.

3. Successpriya

Successpriya Silver IL'ite

Hello,

The baby sweater was so cute n nicely done. All the best wishes. Do post more of ur works.:):)

4. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks so much. Luckily we live in B'lore and it does get cold so my DH uses the stuff i have made him but I know that there are a couple of sweaters languishing in storage. Great that you did a similar sweater for yr daughter

The baby blanket is not a honeycomb stitch but something that is done like this. Cast on even number of stitches using 2 strands of 4 ply yarn on zero number needle Knit 2 tog yf knit 2 tog. I hate to knit and never take up a knitting project unless pushed but I crochet and embroider to my hearts content.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Thanks. That is one of the easiet projects to do.

6. lovely_ambika

lovely_ambika Silver IL'ite

Hi Jayasree,
    All your crochet and knitting works are very nice. I particularly liked the clutch purse, can you pls share the procedure and also is it wool or thick silk thread used for making purse ?

thanks,
    ambika.

7. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Ambika,

Thank you. This is done in a silk thread which has a mix of mauve and silver in it. I had orginally picked up the yarn sometime ago as this colour matched my Valkalam sari but this friend of mine is extremely fond of mauve so I made it for her.

Procedure:

Cast on 38 chain. Using 2 chain to turn work hdc in each chain till the end. Work 2 more hdc on the last chain to turn . Now work hdc in each chain on the opp side. do 2 chain in the last chain and sl st in the 2 nd chain of the turning chain. This shd give you the first oval shape Do one more round usind 3 hdc in the last chains on eithe end to turn.

Now for the stand up portion of the clutch

Row 1 2ch to move up 1 hdc on the top of the next hdc 1 ch skip 1 hdc 2 hdc in the next 2 hdc 1ch This is the shell pattern. Repeat till end of row.

Repeat row 9 times ensuring the shells come one above the other.

Last row : Do 5 hdc in each shell to the end of the row and fasten off and draw the extra threads through the loops to merge with the work.

Line the purse with a silk fabric that is thick and does not sag. I have done the lining myself since I was not happy with the finish the guy at the bag store gave me. I have attached a zip fastener to complete the effect and have used a beige silk fabric for lining.:)

Try it and do post yr work

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009
  8. shailytrivedi

shailytrivedi Senior IL'ite

hi jayashree

I love the your daughter sweater it beautiful. Superb work.

shaily

9. OxanaDevi

OxanaDevi Junior IL'ite

Very nice works! Especially I like purse :)

Oxana

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Jayashree

Very nice crochet works. I like the sweater very much. You have preserved it in a well manner.

andal