1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bridal shopping..Your Valuable Advice

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Saidevotee, May 18, 2010.

1. Saidevotee

Saidevotee New IL'ite

Hi,

This is Harinee getting married this June, Please help me out in the following:

1. Where to get nice Saree for Wedding?

2. What colour? I am Wheatish :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

2. Where to buy Latest Jewels?

3. What Facial is good? which gives good glow?

4. I have sudden pimples in my face now, please help out how can i make them disappear:bonk
    5. Tailors in and around West Mambalam who will stich good designer blouses and Chudi

Please help me out i am so panic about all the above. I will very thankful for your valuable Advice

With Love,
    Harinee

2. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

i can answer few of your questions according to my experience.

1.For Bridal silk saree,i suggest Kumaran silk sarees. red based color will suit for bridal..
    2.you can find many designs in prince jewwllers,OKJ n all.

3. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Wedding saree -Nalli,RMKV where you get excellent quality sarees,red colour or dark maroon colour saree will be very beautiful.Definately try Vummidi Bangaru Jewellers,Gemini flyover and GRT jewels,they carry excellent patterns,first try GRT.Gold facial is the best,it gives you a beautiful glow.From other posts I see Athreya(think spellling is correct) near Valluvar Kottam is too good for blouses.

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Harinee,

First of all Congradulations for your Wedding...May God bless u both with all the goodness in the world

Now comin to ur questions....

For Traditional Silk Saree : Nalli,Kumaran,Pottys ....

I wud like to suggest u one more : In case u have deceided to buy a lot of silk sarees which might include gift sarees also, u can plan a trip to kanchipuram(just 11/2 hrs travel)..select some gud shop and get sarees for cheap...For my wedding, i did the same...u purchased a lot of pure silk sarees for less amount...also my wedding sarees were lucking really awesome...got lot of appreciations

For Designer Sarees - can try in Kumaran of incase u can afford more,can try in Akarshana sarees,Varsiddhi

Dear,since u have wheatish complexion, any dark color will suit..For bridal wear, the obvious choice wud be to wear dark colored sarees - can try traditional marron,green or blue..U will luk really beautiful and is apt for fotos

Jewels,u can move around T.nagar - GRT,Kerala Fashion Jewellers , Khazhana...One of my frnd always says tat the bangle collection in Prince jewellery is really gud

Facial is really an important one before marriage..U can try Golden facial or diamond facial..in case u have not tried bleaches, plz dont go for it before marriage...Seek a gud parlour and go for trials 2-3 times before marriage...dont take risks at the last moment

For this i recommend u to apply Vicco Turmeric on the affected area...U ll be surprised to see tat it ll vanish within few days without leaving any mark...even if u see any pimple which is just abt the come out,apply cream immediately and it will immediately stop the pimple to become big..other than this u can try appplying kasturi manjal

Along with this make sure u drink lot of fluids especially fresh juices..Papaya will help ur skin a lot..(in case the fruit suits u) make sure u eat lot of papaya

Sorry, no idea abt this...

Other than this u can refer other threads in IL tat give u bridal tips

I found these :

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/bridal-tips/18237-bridal-beauty-care.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/bridal-tips/48621-bridal-beauty-care-tips-per.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/bridal-tips/29217-the-best-bridal-tip.html

Hope u find my suggestions useful..

5. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    congrats on your wedding... first of all don't panic.. stay calm and cool and do your work with perfect planning.

saree shopping you can visit Kumaran (both old and new). Jewellery you can see khazana, joyalukkas.

:thumbsup

Sundari bhaskar

6. Saidevotee

Saidevotee New IL'ite

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, i was busy in the office as i am going to relieve from the service i wanna train my collegues :rant.

First of all thank you so much for your great advice Charmingpooh, Satin, Swaran and Sundaribhaskar.

I got my sarees :)
    Pink Colour (Lotus Pink) for my Jaanvaasam
    Bottle Green for some puja after marriage
    Dark Purple (Naga Phazam colour) for my reception

These are the sarees from his side and got the jewels from GRT. I got one necklace matching with Haram from his side :)

Then if you are in chennai please try your desigener blouses in RAMS TAILORS they are damn good they dont even want us to tell us the design and neck pattern.

Thank you so much once again.....

With Love,
    Harinee

7. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

Advance Wishes to you. BTW where is Rams Tailors??

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

wow dear
    the colors are really cute

guess it ll suit u well

nice that u have taken ur jewels from GRT..they are quite reliable when it comes to jewellery

RAMS tailor..where is it??