1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

foundation for indian skin

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by chennai girl, Jan 18, 2009.

1. chennai girl

chennai girl New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am new to US. I was using only fair and lovely till now. I want to change to american products now. I am confused about different colours and brands of foundation. So I would like to know about the brand which suits the indian skin.

Also can u girls tell me about the colour n type(cream or liquid) of foundation you use, so that I get an idea about it.

Abt me:
    I am going to college. So I dont want my make up to be heavy. Just fresh n natural look. I am not very fair or dark (inbetween fair n medium).

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi dear,

try using REVLON OR NO.7 liquid is good you put a small dot on your hand and mix it with moisturiser.

good luck
    love
    alpa:cheers

3. PKaur88

PKaur88 New IL'ite

Although Mac is expensive, but its best for Asian skins, and defiantly worth it!

4. chennai girl

chennai girl New IL'ite

Thanks for your suggestion. Can u tell me which colour will be close match for our indian skin? I dont have someone to tell me whether my foundation is right shade or not. There is whole range of shades like nude, beige, creamy natural etc. If you suggest me some shade I will get an idea about it.

5. PKaur88

PKaur88 New IL'ite

I cant tell you which shade is bet for you, as i dont know what shade of brown your skin is, and everyone has their own requirements and matches for their skin color.

If you go to a place which sells mac products you will find someone who who specilises in mac or another beauty assistant who can aid you in choosing the right shade. They will try the shades on you and they will tell you which is best for your skin color, remember go without wearing any foundation on, so that when mac foundation is tried out on you it will be on your natural skin!

6. sapnaHYD

sapnaHYD Gold IL'ite

where can i get mac products in south india?

7. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

Instead of using foundation, you can use moisturiser on daily basis.

I use garnier moisturising cream, and it has been four years using the cream.

Moisturiser + talcum powder of your choice. It looks simple, and natural.

1 person likes this.
  8. kanvitha

kanvitha Senior IL'ite

hey frnd

go to sephora there the staff can help u in finding out the best which suits you....definitely u will get what you want...

9. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

I agree with Malini.Instead of using foundation everyday, buy a best moisturizer and apply loose powder ( mineral powder would be a best option)over that to save your skin from blocking the pores.Otherwise you may get pimples for blocking your skin pores.
    Using foundation once in a while is okay using it daily is not a good idea.

10. Bimala

Bimala New IL'ite

according to MAC's website there are stores in Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad :)