1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whats IN? Whats OUT??

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Dinny, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies!:hiya

Howdy??

From last few days I wanted to start this thread where I could keep my self updated on the new trends.
    The last party I had attended had a lady with dark blue eyeliner and blue mascara.She should be in her 30s and looked stunning.The blue was electrical blue.And her makeup looked just apt for the fun party we were attending.
    So the next time I went to buy cosmetics I made sure I tried the blue mascara.:biggrin2:
    All sorts of colored eyeliners are pretty much in trend these days, be it green,grey...brown.Eye make up is catching up.
    My next find was patterned jeans.Yeah I mean isnt it "in" these days to wear the abstract design trousers ??most common ones have black and white pattern.
    I found the same abstract design on light blue jeans though it was very faint(light and dark blue in color) and ergo looked all the more attractive.I bought it immediately.
    I wanted to buy a camouflage pant too...I get nostalgic whenever I see one and go back to my "army brat" days.Lol.
    Next in my bucket list is a cheetah patterned jumpsuit.yippie!!
    Geee I know what you're thinking.This lady is very experimental.You bet!!! :thumbsup

In my list of recent blunders is my new hair color streaks.Yeahhhh it happened to me :-(
    I gave my hairs about 9 streaks of orangish-brown color.The blunder was that the streaks were thicker.I guess it should have been thinner to avoid spreading. The issue is because my streaks were thicker it doesnt really look like streaks. :( :( :(

nevah mind!!!
    Next time I will take care.:)

So ladies go ahead and tell me what's IN and what's OUT???
    Your blunders...your successful attempts....anything and everything is welcome whether its about saree or jeans...eyes or face....hair or manicure.

Just my way of updating myself. :p

2 people like this.

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

I think blue eye-makeup in this part of world (only from my observing my classmates). I see pastel colors (including rose) for eye makeup.

Other things I notice is Patterned jeans, Nail art . Pink color seems to be in . See a lot of pink around dress/bag/slippers etc .

Not sure of haircolor. Do not see so many color pops ..yet. Even the blue haired girl of my class, has colored it back to brown:)

Again these are only from observing my college-mates,plus weather just started getting warmer.So most are still in cardi's. Once it warms up, I will get chance for closer observations :)) Will update then

1 person likes this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hey
    Thanks Nitha!!
    nail art is something I havent tried till now. Though my frens have been posting a lot of pics on whatsapp and FB.
    How about you?

4. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

hey dinny...

Color jeans are surely IN
    :thumbsup. Color jeans paired with ballerinas are quite trendy & perfect for evening parties, shopping or friends get-together.

Puff with high ponytail is quite cool and big hair clips with floral multi colored pattern are quite in...

Hair color: Hair highlights using vibrant hues like lilac, lavender, pastel pink and blue colors are quite popular and gives perfect vibrant look.
    No no, i didn't dare to try
    tsk. I prefer to be natural ;-) but i have seen few fashionista around me who used it, not fully but on few strands in the front. It looked fab on them.

I'm quite foreign to make up stuffs so donno the present trend in makeup.

1 person likes this.
  5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Colored JEans and open shoes are in....

Pathiyalas and short kurthi s are out now, anarkalis and long kurtis are in...

1 person likes this.
  6. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

in my work place, bright red tight jeans is 'in'.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I absolutely luv ballerinas. :)
    And somehow I am not comfortable with colored jeans though some gals can carry it well. :thumbsup:

Somehow i am unable to make puffs on my hairs I have such straight hairs that they just flatten up in a puff. :-(
    Is there a way I can get it right?
    thinkingsmiley

Heehehe try one or 2 streaks of highlighter,just for fun.
    Frankly i cant change the features of my face so i change my hairstyle often. :biggrin2:

8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

@vanivyas @shantana
    thanks for the updates. :)

I am planning for some real long Pakistani kurtas. But I am not sure if their vibrant colors would suit my complexion :confused2:

9. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

blue seems now the trend and is fashionable .. looks good and charming too ...

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I think the trend is florescent colors in sandals and pants.
    Though blue would be my fav.