1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Peacock inspired colourful eye makeup - step by step instructions

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by kittydoll, May 3, 2012.

1. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Lovely creation :) Thanks for sharing!!!

2. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

Hi Radhai and Chamu,

I used photoshop cs 6

I used layers, masks, adjustment layers and special brushes to create those images...

I can do a tutorial...when time permits...do u have any prior knowledge abt photoshop or did you want me to do a basic tut from scratch...lemme know :)

cheers
    kitty

3. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

Hi Chamu...

please check my other post about applying eyeliner...

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/face-and-skin-care/165946-apply-eyeliner-like-movie-star.html

one of the other IL members asked the same question and I answered it..with some tips..

hope it is helpful for you

4. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

Hi Nandshyam,

Thanks for ur comment. It took me many years to learn what I know...and I am still learning..

Makeup is like magic...like an illusion...

trick is to use it to hide ur flaws...

So u think your eyes are dulll.

Invest in a good concealer and see the difference ! Concealer can hide dark discoloration on your skin. Use this under your eyes and also on your lids...Use little at a time...u can always build the makeup until you are happy with how it looks. I recommend studio fix by MAC. It is expensive...but AMAZING ! find your right shade.
    If you want to try cheaper brands, try revlon age defying concealer or nyx concealer wand

Use kajal /eyeliner. This will create some contrast and drama to your eyes

Use eye shadows..they add a pop of colour, hide your discoloration and add more interest to ur eyes. If you are not used to using shadows, start out with shades of brown, gold and bronze

To add liveliness to your eyes...use a light coloured eyeshadow or a lighter compact powder on the inner corner of your eyes. This will brighten your face...

Concentrate on getting nice clean eyebrows. Adds more emphasis to your eye area

Find a part of your face you're confident about. Use makeup to highlight it. For example, if you have a fuller lips, and dull eyes, concentrate on your lips more and do a lighter makeup on your eyes. This will even out the flaws.

In my case, I have lips that are normal size, slightly pigmented...so i concentrate more on my eyes, and keep my lips nude most of the time.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  5. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

mmm... it took me about 3-4 hours to make the pics and post em...

that photoshop tutorial's going to be one looooooooong tutorial LOL

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. Amazing !!! Thanks much !!! I will surely give it a try :)

7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

I am familiar with masks, layers and image editing, KDoll. :)
    I was wondering how you achieved the blending of colors and the special brushes that you used.
    A tutorial from you would help, so I shall wait when you find time to post one. Thanks!

8. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

awesome...that makes life easier for me...

blending of colours - mmmm...i really just used paint brush tool. set the opacity to 20 or so and starting painting. Used seperate layers for each colour. so i could erase and add more whenever i needed. I am an artist. so basically i just used my painting skills. the brush i used is called "round fan stiff thin bristles" it was available by default on cs 6

special brush - that one i downloaded off the net for eyelashes. you can google for eyelash brushes and 100's of them will show up on search

then i used a mask on the black outline of the eye, so the colour can show through...

there's nothing much here to do a tutorial. I have uploaded my psd file for you. Have a look at it...you'll see that it is all just basic things..nothing special..take a look

it took me long to do the mask.

can't upload psd file on IL so uploaded in zippyshare, here you go
    Zippyshare.com - peacock eyeshadow.psd
    or
    http://www.mediafire.com/i/?u9stio47yt4vny9

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  9. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a bunch, Kitty!
    How did you draw the eye ball? It was awesome. Was it another brush like the lashes?
    Pls start some tutorials on graphic painting too (any topic). You are too good in teaching. :)

10. kittydoll

kittydoll Senior IL'ite

eye ball is mine LOL. i cut it out of a picture of mine...and used it here....