Loose change - the never ending problem.. what do you do?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by mstrue, May 8, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

OK.. since Malvi wanted fun topic and Kainaath wanted a better topic.. let me toss this topic in the mix.

Loose change - what do you do?
    I know, I know.. it is neither fun nor better. Then why the heck I propose this so called topic?

Well, it is because I also know that Malvi can make any topic fun and Kainath plus few more ILites make it better. :rotfl

Now more on the topic:
    I end up with lots of coins at home. DH never hesitates to break a 10 or 20 even for a $1 commodity.. The coins just grew and grew.. I take them to coin machines to give them a makeover, the machine gets a commision and I get the bills. But DH again breaks a 20 for a dollar!!

How do you guys manage loose coins at home? Do you make it a point to pay in coins if the amount is less?

I sort the coins and have them in a ziploc handy in my car & handbag. Pay in coins if the bill is less that $2. Yet coins coins everywhere..

Last edited: May 8, 2010

2. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hey ms true....you sound so organised in this matter....
    i hardly know where the change disappear from my purse or hang bag...will realise about it only when my shoulder starts to pain.
    call it a good point or bad one.....lots of beggars in india.
    otherwise the ONLY other solution is to collect them.

i remember an incident where i had so much of loose change and the want to get rid was urging.....I made a purchase of Rs 110/ at the nearby BR. instead of enjoying my icecream i sat counting the change to pay at the cash counter...and then had to deal with the melted icecream...or call it milkshake.

nuts of me.

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

You are better off.. My DH realises when he walks off balance. No he does not drink. Not even a smoke. Tee-totaler. oh..but.. he takes caffeine in the form of coffee. Still a tee-totaler? :idea

Anyways.. where was I?.. oh yeah, his wallet in the back pocket will be like this: [​IMG]
    stuffed with bills, receipts, coupons, credit cards, coins and what not.. so he walks off balance if the cleaning crew does not show up for few days in a row.

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

woman are the best cleaning crew for the man's wallet....:thumbsup

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

oh my.. talking about his wallet.. that can be a topic in itself.. Kainaath.. wah.. what a brain true has, yaar.. ! :bowdown

6. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hey ....no dedications for my suggestions, so much for my comments.

its good my df is not in IL...otherwise he would need a locker at home to hide his wallet.

7. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I have a huge jar full of coins I have been accumulating for over 10 years. It is a huge jar so once it fills up to the brim, I'll cash it and see how much I get out of it. My rough estimate is atleast £2000 so far and it is only 60% full.

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mstrue
    A good topic to discuss what to do with those heavy weight in our wallets:) instead of losing our balance with those weight we can do so much with it.
    We get lots of loose change in our day to day life, Whenever i get them I prefer to put them in the donation box at Mcdonald or in the shopping complex donation box.

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi True,

I have a huge box of 5 rs coins as well:). And there is always a box at the kitchen to drop the other denominations. We kinda take from it, whenever it is needed! The best thing is to put it all in a box, and en cash( make it as notes) it as it fills up.

Arch

10. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

I have to find out your address and use Spiderman to suck it out.