Welcome to Mumbaikars Center Point..

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Prettina, Dec 3, 2009.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

@ambalu
    How do you manage to live man !! ... So much of restrictions hats off!!!...
    God definetly the place I live is heaven :) !!! And I was complaining :)
    Definitely age has nothing to do with being friends it was just a casual query . You and @ aaditi are all married early ... The advantage is you too kind of grw up with your kids and eventually look young enough to be considered a mother of such grwn up kids I guess. That's in a way good . But of course I think it has been a tough life since You people might have compromised and made a lot of sacrifices with your own life.luckily for me
    I gt married at 24 . (I am now 33 yrs. ).... I got a fair share to enjoy my college life and professional life. No complains . Why even my married life while struggling to have kids we still had our honeymoon phase going on until our kids arrived. .. We went to lot of places ... Shimla, Kerala, dharmsala etc...
    So far so good !! ...
    ... @ aaditi
    You seem to be like me or I guess it's in the genes ... Of woman in general we leave for window shopping and end up getting bags !!...
    Good to know that your h is trying abroad . ... Sometimes a break from India helps all .
    Your hubby is from chennai .... Hmm
    In my case we bth are from bbay. Actually that was the only condition I set forth for my marriage . I told my mom I want a guy born and bought up in Bombay ... Who has lived here for sometime though he may be settled elsewhere Later.
    I feel only a Bombay guy can understand the soul of this city and may be understand me .. Since I m pucca mumbaite the ,lingo we use etc may be no other person from other region will understand.
    Well nothing more
    Catch ya tomm
    Rams

2. RamyaSridhar1978

@sai & gks
    Hi friends .. It's ok I guess you people are quite busy . Hope all is well ! Take care

3. ambalu

ambalu New IL'ite

hi sai,
    nice to cu back must b busy with fly.. oh so ur fr parle.. we too had a house in parle (E) b4 my dad sold it off in the 80s . i still visit since i have my childhood friends living in that area.. b in touch tc.

@aaditi
    oh so u too got marries early and glad to know u could shoose ur life partner.. did u have objections frm ur family when u got married??? i ask because one of my friend too had love marriage and she had faced loads of objection . in fact hers was typical filmy.. i guess u adopted ur son .. can i ask wht made u go fr adoption just curious.. i know u need a strong support frm ur near ones .. did u go thro any agencies.. in my family there has been 2/3 adoption cases but usually they take on the kid which has been born in the same family.. like one sis who could not have children adopted her other sisters son.. so all in the family itself...hope u had a good weekend did u guys do anythg special.. even i love window shopping as long as it remains as that:thumbsup..
    tc bye

4. ambalu

ambalu New IL'ite

hi ramya,

good to know u had extended honeymoon phase , i consider nw has my honeymoon phase:) we r again rediscovering ourselves.. like i said i keep myself busy hence no problm where ever i live anyway we get everythg we need .. bottom line is hw to secure our finances.. and this place is still the highest paid .. so no compains sighhhhh. the things we have to do fr few bucks?
    in fact i know so many people who grudgelingly have lived her for more than 30 yrs and still dont want to go back..:bowdown nw atleast we have lesser restricitions compared to few years back can we the people have progressed.. i had to wake up early as i have to make dabba fr h..so nw have to go back to catchup with my lost sleep.. by the way does ur h come home fr lun ..u said he maybe goin to mumb wht abt u hw will u manage ur kids alone? do u have any relatives living nearby?

5. ssdonkar

ssdonkar Silver IL'ite

Hello freinds,

Very good morning to you all.

want to spend a relax day then running around the clock ...so here i am normally dont get time to surf in the morning.

just cooked dal chawal with some salad and thats all for lunch,dinner will plan something ...donno but feeling very tired.

Ambalu mine was also like a filmi drama as my mother side (very conservative 96k Maratha ) and my inlaws again typical bhramins fly from my mother side all are kattar nonvegetarians were else my inlaws they hardly eat onions and garlic....so you can imagine the scene...

we had our share of ups and downs and over a period we got settle down with all the oppositions...

Me and Shri(DH)was considering a 2nd child when we happen to see a tamil movie that inspired shri to go for adoption by then sanjana was 10 years and she wanted a sibling. adoption process went for long as its thru a registered agengy.we brought sujay when he was 6 months and by then got pregnant with aastha ....so....total 3...

was against abortion as here we were giving life and there i dint wanted to ...abort 1 life...

so here i am mother of three kids.... people always question me as the soceity where i stay in am the only 1 i guess with 3 kids.....

Frankly speaking my kids dont feel the need of freinds around as they enjoy each others co :)

My husband job is such he goes early morning and comes only in the night kids keeps entertained its so much fun with them around.

GKS- Whats up with you,seems to be busy Man!

regards

Aaditi

6. RamyaSridhar1978

@ ambalu
    Yes my hubby will be leaving for a mnth to India. He has his office work first 20 days in Pune then will head to bbay to spend time with his fly and accompany his Bro to malai. Ya I will be alone with kids . We have no relatives here. But as I mentioned earlier I do have a part time maid. I have requested her to work few more hrs or try staying here for a mnth till my hubby comes let's see.
    It's anyways not going to be any different without my hubby since he hardly helps me manage them . As soon as he s from office he sits with iPad,laptop playing games. Seeing movies ... So my kids don't really miss him . He plays with them only in the weekends. If he goes out near them they happily say bye bye but if I step out ( which never happens without them ) rarely .. They cry like crazy.
    My hubby leaves early for work his bus comes at 5.40am and he comes by company bus by 6.. Before kids i used to get up early in the morn and prepare his lunch but since I have kids and they will wake up with so much commotion in the kitchen , cooker whistle and stuff I prepare his lunch in the night/ evening itself and keep it in the fridge he just takes it and re heats in the oven at office.
    @aaditi
    Your marriage is Perfect bollywood story I guess . At least you have something to tell your grand kids !!-:)
    Yes I think having siblings do help the kids and they don't miss anyone much. I too see that in my twins they are enough of a company to each other. There are times when they want me .. But there are few hrs in a day wherein they just keep playing with each other. My daughter clearly calls my son vedant but my son doesn't know to call her vaibhavi so since we call her vaibhu . He is unable to even say vaibhu he calls her BooBoo.
    Fun to see them since they R just begining to speak . ....
    I know generally the Muslim community is known to have more kids but so what... I think there is nothing wrong. We were actually 4 . I had an elder who expired when we were pretty young . ... Now it's just 3 of us.
    I think it's more got to do with the notion of with so much inflation how can they afford 3 kids. It's a
    Ersonal issue I guess no one can judge you on it .. By the way does your son know he s adopted have you tod him and how about ur daughter's what are their thoughts

... There are indeed somedays when I too don't feel like cooking that day I resort to khichdi with veggy . And curd. Or if I feel maha bore or unable to cook due to illhealth my hubby either takes the initiative to cook up something or we deliver food from out. ... Very rarely he cooks . After marriage he used to cook quite often but since kids he hasn't ventured in the kitchen..
    ...I guess your daughter may be helping you out. ...
    In my case in learnt cooking only after marriage before marriage I used to never venture into the kitchen.. My mm would scream at us to learn but we would never learn. I remember in my initial years of married life we were living with in laws . One day my mil left out telling me to cook rice. ... Imagine my shock... I cdnt trn to my mom ( since she would lecture me ) I told my hubby he would check out from the net the exact receipe with proportions and tell e over the ph from office. .. Well it turned out well. From that day I decided I will keep a watch of Atleast how things are done. .. My mil used to nly cook . I used just assist.
    Well catch ya later
    Bye

7. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

aaditi,
    .where are you from mumbai
    ambalu,
    glad to know you was also from parle area...I liked that area.all are near by from my house
    GKS,Ramya,ambalu,
    I had a airline fracture for 2last months suffered alot..no outingalso. but i now recovered fully...when i walking, i am having little pain..

8. ambalu

ambalu New IL'ite

hi sai,
    oh sorry to a hear abt your fracture .hope you r recovering well.i am from santacruz till i got married.. i used to go for classes in parle so quiet familar with the area also since we had a flat there i used to accompany my parents to visit ..
    has the doc advised any excercise for you.. tc of health see u around..

@gks..
    whatsup still busy i guess ????

@aaditi
    i know we have those days when we dont want to cook.. usually on fridays it being holiday i too want a break so i make something lite.. no elaborate cookg on that day.. my h makes the bfast since he is up early . i need my beauty sleep for the extended hrs.. mostly he makes all his calls and talks to his fly on friday .. hence i get to sleep more time.. my ilws dont feel the need to to talk to me as they are happy as long as their son/bro calls no love lost between us.. i love large family . lots of people always it must be like a party.. i miss having more kids.. ciao

have to start the daily routine very boring but has to be done:spinanother day begins...

9. ambalu

ambalu New IL'ite

hi ramya,
    good to know your h has helped you during the early days of marriage.. cooking is a hobby for me i learnt to cook from the time i was in my 4th std. over the years i learnt many things i could cook farily well by the time i got married . i remember my silw asked me if i knew how to make mulagapodi . i knew how to make but was nervous .. then my milw made me cut a huge cauliflower using the aravamania which im not used to .. this happen very nextday of my married i am used to cutting veg using cutting board and knife i could not cut with the traditional arvamania.. first thing i did when i went to my moms place is get my cutting knife .. my h was not aware of all this .. i guess you are lucky your mil took care of the cookg i never got respite infact had to do all the work cook for everyone before leaving for work ..as i was living in ajoint family there were more than 8 members so had to do all before i left to catch my train.. those were the days.. one thing i dont force my daughter to learn but she does know to make basic stuff and can make a meal for herself even my son knows how to cook i felt whatever they achieve in their careers stomach will surely grumble so they have to eat.. at least dal chawal/roti .. now they find it a stress buster ..

anyway hope you have good day ..
    catch you later

10. ssdonkar

ssdonkar Silver IL'ite

Hi Freinds, here's wishing you a happy maharashtra din !! Jai Hind Jai Maharashtra

Sai - my best wishes for your speedy recovery.I am at Thane (w)

Ambalu - everybody needs break from routine.....i see to it, get my ME time once a week.

Where in mumbai you were working ...travelling in local was fun before but now it has become a pain with increasing numbers.

What abt your son? where is he placed?

If i had tell you my incident of 1st timer in cooking you will go ROFL

befor marriage i had hardly done much cooking may be a tea or a tost that's it as a mother never allowed in kitchen due to her sovla factor....once my father in law told me to put a cooker of rice and dal ....made big blunder ...rice had become like dal ...dal ...a ...rice:)

some how i just gave excuse saying at my mothers place we dont use pressure cooker then it was a time to show them my chapati skill. I made a pool of aatta...my father in law then realised... ...

It took him almost a decade to trust me on my culinary skills...

When it comes to sanju dont want to take a risk .....ave teached her ... almost everything ...from ..paratha...chapati...sabji...sambar...rasam..idli..... ..

will catch u later bye for now

Aaditi S