me ideal shopping place for clothes ela vundali?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by chaitusri, Oct 20, 2009.

1. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

sure Hema..mere kada na boost...my secret of energy :)

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Installament idea is also very good.

marketing is very important, post your ad in all the tailoring shops where people come frequently for stitching.

so.. next time nenu India visit chesinappudu mee daggare kontaanu :) maa in laws kukatpally , I think meeku daggare avutundi..naaku time kalasi vastundi..manchivi teesipettandi naakosoam.

Sujatha.

3. supraja

supraja Bronze IL'ite

Hema nenu kuda ade chepanu mana IL's SPL discount ani hehehe

Chaitu plz nanu kotaku:hide:

4. supraja

supraja Bronze IL'ite

Advertise. Hold mini-fashion shows to create publicity for your store and attract customers

creating and developing a business plan to be used in starting a clothing boutique, you must also devise and implement a comprehensive and in depth marketing plan. Obviously, in order to your clothing boutique to bloom into a profitable enterprise for you, it is crucial that you develop a steady stream of customers who will patronize your clothing boutique now and into the future.

when it comes to starting a clothing boutique, you will want to make sure that you design and build (or have design and built) an attractive and user friendly website on the Net connected with your boutique business. You will want to be able to display your merchandise online and to give potential customers a chance to make purchase through your website.

Chaitu these are few tips i have collected in net and posted hope they may be useful for u

5. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

thank you suppu for the details

sure il valla andariki manchi offer istanu :)

6. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

waiting for the suggestions , no more updates :(

7. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

ayyo rama inka emi leva inputs? endukala

8. viveka

viveka Senior IL'ite

hi chaitu:
    like i promised, here i am!
    congrats on daring to become a woman entrepreneur! as long as they are people, there is room for roti, kapda aur makaan. i can see that you already have good advice, here is my 2 cents worth:
    it is important to:

a. have reputable suppliers and credit arrangements. 90 day or 120 day credit window for you to pay. unless you have deep pockets, it is risky to buy stock and display... since you are new to the business, unless you know suppliers personally, they may not give you stock without a deposit... work it out.. or have an arrangement to rotate stock that doesnt sell within say a 45 day period..

b. work on making your enterprise visible - going online, distribute pamphlets in your neighbourhood - supermarkets, colleges, schools and mall noticeboards. Announce a formal opening, see if you can attract a local celebrity to inaugurate your opening event.

3. Rather than have instalments/bargains/sales/discounts, encourage membership to your boutique and accrual of loyalty points which they can use in future purchases.. have a mailing list-email or sms, to tell preferred customers when new stocks arrive. discounted prices usually mean marking to inflate so that seller can afford to give that discount. postdated cheques, charging to credit cards, doesnt matter what means of repayment, there will always be bad debtors... and that is bad for any business. and you really cant take back used clothes when they cant pay.

sp here is a suggestion: distribute cutout coupons in the pamphlets: to reward customers who bring the coupons. what reward do you give? have attractive accessories: little stuff they can choose from that you can give away to match the outfits they buy costing a minimum preset total - bangles, bracelets, chains, ear ornaments, etc. try hooking up with NGOs who work with village handicraft artisans for ethnic accessories, and work out a display arrangement...

4. coming to what you should sell: who are your target customers? women and teens? colors/fabric/prices all depend upon this decision. if it is only adult women who you are targeting, stock ready mades for normal sizes and fabric for made to order for plus sizes (larger women and pregnant women). provide advice to customers to help what suits them best, provide for quick (within 2 days) store arranged alterations at no cost if they come to collect or charge them some for door delivery.

5, in order for your venture to succeed, you have to have an unique selling proposition, why should people patronize your store when there are hundred others out there? network with suppliers, tailors and embroiderers to develop your own niche.. obviously, quality control is an absolute must: color fast fabrics. clear instructions for washing and care of fabric including need for dry wash only.

6. what should you sell? this choice depends upon the location of your business and how far people will be prepared to travel to reach you, or what the local crowd is made of saris, kurtis, kurtas, salwars, chudidar suits, mix and match, coordinates for office wear as well as semiformal use, ... in festival season, a small selection of special outfits for the occasion-like diwali wear-ghaghra-cholis with fine work, bandhini or leharia ghaghras with shell and mirrors for navratri.. designer pattu-langas/pattu pavadai for any south indian festival..chiffons/georgettes/ehtnic cottons/linen/viscose/prints, plains...something exclusive over that at your competitors ..

7. one final question: at what level are you finally settling-retail or wholesale? i am sure you are aware, margins in wholesale are low, it is high volume business, then you need to work directly witht he manufacturers. our IL members are talking about buying from you, that means individual customers and retail sales..

hope my feedback passes your expectations :)
    good luck and god bless!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  9. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Viveka,Thank you very much for your valuble suggestions...this word is not enough...every statement has it's own depth of rethinking, rearrangements in starting my business..my current plans against your suggestions

a, Yes , all these arrangements in this aspect are completed

b, nice ideas

c, This is really very nice idea, now a days all shops are doing this type of advertisement

d,my target is from 6 to 60 yrs, but arranging the stock step by step

e,these arrangemnts are already considered

f, maintaining many varieties

g, targeting both the types

Thak you for your best wishes

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Chaitusri,
    Andaroo manchi suggestions ichesaru ,inka nenu cheppatanikemi migalaledhu .
    viveka mee detailed analysis just:bowdownall the best chaitusri.twaraloney meeru best entrepreneur award techukovalani aasistunna.