The incident in your life which u can never forget

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by iyerviji, Apr 22, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Sometimes an incident in our life changes are life. In my life also I cant forget the day when I had hip bone fracture in June 1991.

That day only my children's school re-opened after summer holidays. The were all thrilled to go to the new class. Since I was working my self and my husband used to get up 5.30 in the morning, he used to go and buy milk after brushing his teeth and I used to go and take bath to start the work after brushing my teeth.

That day I was feeling very tired, so told my husband u go and bring milk I will lie down for sometime. When he came back I just got up and fell down and I could not get up. The children were sleeping in the bed room and I was in the front room. I did not want to disturb them so slowly sitting only somehow dragged myself and went and opened the door. I could not stand. My husband applied some oil and he thought its only a sprain and started cooking and went off to office.

Later my daughter called the doctor, she also did not know it is fracture and just gave me some pain killing medicine, I told my younger daughter to stay back and not to go to school. In the evening my husband came and he and my another neighbour took me to the hospital. The doctor said it is hip bone fracture and have to be operated. I was taken to the hosptial on Thursday and was asked to lie down keeping my leg up. I was operated only on Saturday. The doctor who attended was not a good dotor. He made me lie down in the bed for two months and told not to move my leg.

I cant imagine how I passed those two months, reading religious books, writing Sri Rama Jayam and expecting everyone to come and visit me.
    Somehow with God's grace another doctor came and I was operated again.

I started going to office after two months with a stick in hand for sometime Physiotheraphy was very difficult. In 1999 artificial joint was replaced from that time it was better than before. By God's grace somehow I am pulling on . This june it will 18 yrs after the incident.

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,
    from your post, i can understand the impact the incident had created in you. for me so many i cannot forget and cannot erase from my memory. a few: the day i received a gold medal from former Chief minister Sri. Kamaraj, for best orator in the whole Tamilnadu.The day when i received "Best out going student shield". Above all i cannot forget the incident when my daughter( first child) was born and gave me the pleasure of motherhood.thank you viji.
    with love
    pad.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  3. iyerviji

Dear Padmini

Glad to know that you recd gold medal from Sri Kamaraj for best orator and also for best student. You are really a celebrity. My anxiety to meet you has increased now. Do not know when that day will come.

love
    viji

4. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Viji aunty,
    I was very touched by your story. I had also read your post asking all young girls to take care of their health from a young age so that we don't have to undergo several problems later on in life as regards health. I can imagine what you might have undergone during those two months of lying down........it must a terrible experience. But the Lord didn't leave you and your family alone. I'm happy today you are much better.

I have tragic episodes too but I would like to narrate something that makes my spirits soar with happiness. Firstly, I remember when in grade 4, I played the part of Snow White in the play Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and I was called Snow White by all including my principal for the rest of my years in that school. I have enacted in many plays and have won prizes too. I used to win the prizes for academic excellence too each year and those are the fun filled years, my school days.

Secondly, when in grade 5, I had the opportunity to garland Mother Teresa since I was chosen to welcome her and then give a speech in her honour. That is one moment that I cherish till to date.

I have many moments that I cherish including the moment when I became a mom, just like how Padmini Ma'am has also mentioned in her fb, it is one of the proudest and most cherished moments for a woman. I was adjudged the 'Best Girl in School' in my 10th std and was presented with a trophy and also in my college in my final year of B.Sc once again I received the 'Best Girl' trophy.

I would like to stop blowing my own trumpet but your thread took me back to all those years that were very blurred in my memory. Thanks for making me relive those memories and of course, I have tragic memories too but I think I choose to live with the good ones. Thanks once again for giving me this opportunity to express.

5. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi viji aunty
    how are you , first of all i would like to tell you that you have started and excellent thread, there are many small incidents in my life which i can never forget but one which i would love to share with you all is when my hubby returned from dubai to mumbai after a span of 2 years , i cant tell you how we both spent those two years without seeing each other which was veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy diffcult as we were newly married during the time he left me in india and went as he did not have the appropriate visa status to take me along with him , each day i have cried silently , but the day when he came and i had been to the airport to receive him ( flight was delayed by 2 hours) and i was becoming more and more impatient to meet him then he arrived and i just hugged him , i did not even realise that there were people around and tears started rolling down my eyes atlast the wait was over and then we decided come what may we will stay together only , touch wood till date i am with him and hope will always be

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  6. iyerviji

Dear Richa and Rupa

Good to see you both here . I am going out for Pooja so will come back and write to you both.

Takecare and havea nice day

love and hugs
    viji

7. iyerviji

Dear Ruchi

Glad tohear about your school days and the trophies you won for being best girl. Congratulations. Wow. What an opportunity you got to garland Mother Teresa. That must have been a great event for you. Me too was very happy when I became a mother. As I was a working mother I could not be with the kids all the time.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

Dear Rupa

I can understand how you must have felt those two years without your husband and that too when you were newly married. Good later you could stay together with him

love
    viji

9. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji aunty
    Finally..............after few days, got some time to read /fb !!!!!

I can very well understand your feelings. How one incident from your past never lets you forget it, cause you live with it every moment !! I had an accident where I lost my front tooth, and damaged others, so am living with artificial teeth, and that too, for years it was troubling me cause, the work done was not good enough, I had it replaced after 10 years, now much better, but still every time whether while eating or not, there is a discomfort, and am always remionded that something foreign in my mouth !! But then, it is not something I can't forget , I mean, the impact and the accident !! You made me think a while!! And I think there is nothing from the past that I can say, I can't forget! I forget and forgive easily, so much doesn't stay in mind ! Hence, my memory is not too good ! DOn't know if it is a blessing or a curse !! hehehe...........
    One thing I know, even if I lose my mind........I will never forget my parents !!!
    Nice thread to open !!
    love

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  10. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Nice subject to bring up, all of us have some special moment(s) in our life that we recall with pleasure...

When my DS walked out of the labour room with our little grandson in his arms... that was the pinnacle of happiness i have experienced to date! To behold and hold the little bundle with his pink face all screwed up against the light...

Jai Bhavani Maa!

Love,
    Padma