Cb and sw chit chat

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by stillwaters, Aug 15, 2014.

1. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Hi cb ,
    wish you too a very happy independence day

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello, Great to have our own thread. Thanks for your wishes.

Just a brief intro about me. I have been married for 1.5 years and living with Pils. I love reading and have started to like cooking also after marriage. Until then I never entered kitchen. I also enjoy watching movies-tamil, hindi and english. Now I am relaxing and watching YJHD in Max.

3. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Hi
    yes great to have our own thread . Though i saw the moderator deleted a thread with reason as - personal friendship thread
    i don't know if our thread falls into that category
    and i also think posts in this category do not appear in the side bar

i've been married for 8 years and live with my husband and two daughters - 8 & 6 yr olds.
    I am a physician.
    I love reading , travelling , cooking , painting , making rangolies and mehendi , stitching , embroidery , chatting , music ( mainly hindi songs ), movies.
    I am happy about this thread. We can share so many things.

4. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Do you eat non veg ?
    I eat fish , chicken and egg

THERE IS A CORRECTION IN THE PREVIOUS POST - MARRIED FOR 10 YEARS I GOT MIXED UP WITH MY DAUGHTER'S AGE

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  5. chillbreeze

SW, I guess our thread won't come under that category. Anyway others are welcome if they want to take part in our discussions. Wow you seem to be interested in lot of things. I am very bad in crafts and handworks, be it rangoli, mehendi, embroidery or anything else:thumbsdown. I admire people who are interested in crafts. That is one of the least visited section by me in this forum.

I eat non veg-chicken, fish, mutton and eggs. Both DH and I like it. Good to know that you've been married for 10 years and that your DDs have started reading at such a young age. They are lucky to have a mom with such varied interests.

I am going to be away this weekend. Will post more on Monday.

6. chillbreeze

Hey, I am back. Had a nice, relaxed weekend. How about you.

7. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Wish you a very happy janmashtami
    i do not do any elaborate puja or prasadam
    i just made some payasam & normal diya lighting in the morning.
    How about you ? What did you do ?

I also do not come online during weekends due to being with family.
    Weekend is also my day to make all special on demand dishes of my daughters and husband. Both my daughters will be behind me in the kitchen and i really enjoy that time catching up on their news.
    This weekend was gobhi manchurian.
    We went to see movie kick in theater. It is just light entertainment.

As to crafts i think that is due to my sun sign - libra. I am interested in all fine arts and have won many awards throughout my school and college. But these days not much time.

8. chillbreeze

Thanks SW...wish you the same.

We visited a temple about 2 hrs from our city. Didn't do anything special at home. The temple was in an almost rural area surrounded by coconut trees and river. Really enjoyed being in touch with nature. And it was not crowded too, that is the best part. Also I found the people there very helpful and cheerful, going about with a smile on their face.

Sometimes I too make a special dish for DH on saturday. My ils don't like the new recipes I try. Saturday it will be just me in home, so I try any new dish on saturday.

I am more of an orator and essay/poem writing person during my student days and won prizes in only them and quiz competitions. But now those skills are not necessary as the only people I speak to are my family. Sometimes I wonder what skills I have that is useful in my life:cool:.

9. chillbreeze

What type of books you like to read. I mostly read fiction and self-development books.

10. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

I read all type of books

being kind , generous . Understanding , loving and having life skills to be able to get along well with others are skills which are more important in life , which i can see that you have in plenty from your posts . So don't worry