Coffee Mornings - Part II

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by kAlyaniShAnti, May 23, 2011.

1. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,
    Was busy these last few days but came here and read your posts.
    One of my daughter's saree is ready and I have given 2 more. I am giving the blouse to stitch at 2 different tailors so that i will get them on time and the embroidery work too will be different. Today I am planning to take my younger daughter and give her blouse to stitch. She wants to wear saree for Muhurtham and she has purchased a onion pink saree and wants to get some embroidery done on it.
    Out of sight and i become out of mind of all the CM buddies.
    Kalyani very glad to see your early in the morning with all your similes.
    Kanaka, very healthy recipe of godumai dosai and will try it this weekend.
    Vijima how was your birthday celebrations and i too do not put kesari powder in rava kesari. Very nice to know that mama helped you in taking care of your children when they were young that would have made a good bonding with their father.
    Sudha how far have you finished packing and cleared your office desk now that they have got two persons. Glad that your brother and his family are visiting you. Enjoy the time with them and your niece too.
    Anisu it is very difficult to manage girl child's long hair when they are in nursery and primary shcool. One problem as you have mentioned they do not keep their hair tied and another is they get lots of lices and nits and have to clean and disinfected every week with perlice etc. which i used to do when my girls were young as they liked to have their hair long.
    Malathy how are you? take care of yourself in your busy schedule.
    Saikripa, how is Pavi kutti? Hope you DH is feeling better now.
    Pavathy nice to know that you will be in Chennai in Dec. do you go to Kutcheri during the Margazhi season?
    Uma enjoying your time at your mom's place!!!! how are you and the LO?
    Mira hope your fingers are completely Ok now and did you satisfy your craving for momos, vada pau, chat etc.
    Hi to Yamini, Riya, Saroj, Kanta, CL, Satchi and all the others.
    Take care and have a nice day.

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Good morning friends

My son is feeling better now.God has accepted your prayers.I thank you my dear friends for your kind words.
    I am sorry for not addressing you individually now.Thanka a lot.

Have a nice day friends.

1 person likes this.
  3. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends

I am coming here after a gap, LO had viral fever and cold, fever gone, but still cold is there, again all of us got cold in the house, its like regular going to doctor once a week.

We went to thiruthani and got shaved Aadithiya's head and got ear pierced on his mama's lap, now he is the motta boss and with his cute ear stud.

Take care all of you, will post individual posts later, have a great weekend friends..

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hi my lovely dearies

Noone is rich enough to buy back yesterday. But if you have the attitude to do better things today, you will be the richest one tomorrow.

GOOD DAY AND GOOD MORNING DEARIES , HAVE A NICE DAY

A short walk is so difficultwhen noone walks with you but a long journey is just like a fewste[s wjem a street dpg os runnng behind you

Mira dear glad you liked the thought. Thanks for starting Foodie in FB. I find pleasure in posting the food there and happy to get the fbs

Kanaka thanks for sharing goduma recipie

Paru dear my hugs and kisses to the children. When they have a mother like you they will shine in life

Anisu dear yes dh was a great help for me when i was working. In the beginning I also did not know much sweets, after marriage only learnt everything. With experience you will learn everything and become expert. Glad your dh also helps you. Good your mother is there to take care of Manya

Kalyani glad you liked my threads and thanks for the compliments

Uma dear all the best, hope I was in Chennai to see the baby

Malathy when I was working I also used to take privilege leave many times. Once I was to go for a function in Hyderabad and my boss's boss was not giving permission. Then I had to take my boss and explain him the urgency. Then only he gave and he always used to tell me you have ready answer always.

Sai all the best to your dh

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

We went to thiruthani and got shaved Aadithiya's head and got ear pierced on his mama's lap, now he is the motta boss and with his cute ear stud.

Aruna dear all the best to your son. Glad that yu went to Thiruthani. Post his picture in album for us to see

Rukmini dear good to know that your son is better. All the best to him

Shanti dear glad you are getting the sarees. Glad that yur younger daughter wants to wear saree during muhurtham , onion colour nice one. All the best for everything to be ready in time.

6. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Coffee Morning friends
    I have great pleasure in inviting you all to my house for "NAVARATHRI" to have thamboolam. If you need my address and contact no. will PM to you whoever wants.
    Kantha

4 people like this.
  7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Good Morning buddies,

Viji ma, its a pleasure to have you there as you make the place lively wherever you go. Now enjoying the amma kai manam, there. thank you and please keep sharing your kai manams there.

Periamma, glad to know your son is doing better. The positive engery will set everything right. wish him a speedy recovery.

Aruna, So the balamurugan has gone for pazhani murugan's hairstyle?the description of the cute little boss has brought in more eagerness to have a look at him. Little aditya shining with his mottai mandai?! ha.ha.aa...for cold and flue, better take lot of onion and garlic, pepper which will keep it away. a tulsi leaf with peper on empty stomach is very good to prevent the cold. wish you all speedy recovery.

Kanaka, i am egaerly looking forward to group chats now. its making life more intersting me as we do some foodie talks too ;-) come with your menu on our foodie club. thanks for the godumai rawa dosai recipe :)

Shantha, My fingers are fine now. started using right hand for small work like holding laddle etc though i a careful not to disturb the healing wound in the thumb. How are the preparation going on?

Paru, we stayed in Ambattur for 10 years before we moved into chennai city. I came to know through my cousins that the place has developed a lot. dunno whether the temple which was newly built then, how much has grown now. I don't remember much about the landmark. i could only recollect that there was an auto stand there that time and i think that road which is off the main MTH road is going to ....i forgot that place name some puram or nagar? when you face the arun ice cream shop ?(don't know if it exists now) the temple will come on right side the other side of MTH road.

Malathy, so its time for frequent get to gethers at the functions. have you set your saree collection to wear for the occassions? wish you a gala time. Glad to know your DDs classes has started. wish her all the best. How is your mother and MIL

CL, busy days? not seeing you much in IL. yesterday viji ma was also asking about you.

Anisu, good that manya is under the tender care of your mother while you are in office. You sing?! that's lovely. what kind of songs you sing for her? This reminds me of my bengali neighbour who sings good lullabys to her daughter, mostly songs of tagore. missing her sweet voice as she has moved out of country now.

Kalyani, [​IMG] a big bear hug to you my buddy. once the sun start to shine brightly we will long for cool winter seasons! I am now reading 'Pather Panjali' - a very nice book finished half of it. having wonderful time with Durga and Oppu :)

Hi - Saroj, Satchi, Sudha (yet to hear from you on your wonderful munching lunching moments of yesterday), Kripa, Kantha Bhen, Kamala, Vid and all CM friends

wish you all a good day :)

2 people like this.
  8. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Uma,
    9 more days to go for your delivery? Take care of yourself. This is the time we have for yourself. once your LO arrives you will be very busy.

Kalyani, You are so famous for your smilies...all are so cute. Ya sure i shall give your hugs to her ...
    Oh..dont talk about about cloudy days kalyani..here everyday evening its raining and i am getting drenched daily ....now i feel enough of rains and let us seen some sun also. And today morning also it was so cloudy here ...

Shanta,

Yeah its difficult to manage long hair. Even I used to have long hair and I never had a hair cut when i was a child. But now i cannot do the same for my DD. So got it trimmed...ya unless and until my DD says that she wants to grow the hair i'll keep it short.

Periamma,

Good to know your son has recovered. Our good wishes are always there.

Aruna

How is aadithya? For cold one of my colleague has given a suggestion. it seems we need to heat coconut oil then add little crushed garlic to it and switch off the stove then add little camphor. Then apply this oil to the chest palm and also to the feet. This helps in reducing cold it seems. You can try doing this.

Vijima,
    Ya i also hope that by experience i can learning to make good sweets.

Mira,

Ya, my mom takes care of her. So i can come to work without worrying. I Used to sing Mira. But after marriage i have stopped. My Mom, Dad ,sis ,cousins all sing. But Dh's family does not have much interest in it. So i dont get a chance to sing. During festivals i sing some Devaranama...After my DD is born...off late i have started singing for her. I have learnt two lullabies ....and other than that i sing all keerthanas for her. She will fall asleep and I too get good practice and can recollect the songs which i have learnt...:)
    btw what has happened to your hand?

9. Rakhibhushan

Rakhibhushan New IL'ite

Re: Coffee Mornings

Your SIL may not be wanting to trouble you with the knowledge of what to do or what to eat.
    Might be this is her way of reminding your husband of his duties and care towards you in your pregnancy.

If this sil is notorious and you dont have a good working relationship with her dont confront her opr ur husband with it. Instead silently worm ur way in ur husbands feelings without upsetting anyone and let hime take everything in a positive way.

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

VIJIMA - I love sweets. Ur kesari recipe tempts me to do. thanks for the recipe.

ARUNA - glad that aditya's ear piercing function went well.

SAI - how is ur DH. Y'day night also ur daughter called my No. and started talking in HINDI. But i cant understand hindi and asked her to handover the phone to you. But she continued her hindi conversation and i cut the line.

PERIAMMA - Glad that ur son is feeling better now. plz take care.

MIRA - I am in Ambattur. Now in chennai also, the vinayaka chaturthi function is celebrated in a grand way.

KANAKA - thanks for the godumai rawa dosai recipe.

PARVATHI - The navrathiri celeb is started slowly. Now i am in the job of doing necklace & ear rings for gifts. i have done around 3 sets. Will share the jewellery sets soon. Glad that u r coming to Chennai around December. We will definitely plan for a meet.

Malathy - Lots of weddings -- great. enjoy.

ANISU - how is manya? glad to know that JIJU is talented in puppet art.

Shanta - how old is ur IInd daughter? I think u r very busy in the marriage preparation.

Uma - How are u?

KS - superb smileys.
    andal