how about laughing at yourself for a change?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by satchitananda, Jan 15, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi folks,

all of us enjoy a good laugh. but this is normally at the cost of others. so why not we start taking a look at all the things we do and learn to sometimes laugh at ourselves.

each of us does crazy things. me for instance. sit at my landline to call meena aunty for a chin wag. my mobile rings inside. think i shall attend to that first. put the phone down. get up to go inside. mobile stops ringing. how annoying. come back. try meena aunty again. mobile goes off again. get up again. mobile stops again. how annoying! repeat performance. :rant :rant who is this crazy coot :crazy ? does he/she think i am sitting next to my phone/mobile all day long? okay, shall wait by my mobile for 5 minutes and if this a** h*** calls again, i shall bite off his/her ear. certainly some prankster at work. mobile is silent. hey, what is going on here? go back to landline to dial meena aunty again (dh just used the landline. so no use pressing "R"). what was her tel no.? 944..........! but hey wait, is that not my mobile no.? i know who that prankster was. really need to bonk her on her head :bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk:bonk

so folks, how about someone sharing their stuff with us? all of us would love a good :biglaugh:rotfl

1 person likes this.

2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

I do too many CRAZY things...Which one do I share?! :crazy

3. satchitananda

hi mithy, :hiya:hiya:hiya

good to see you here. shubh kaam mein deri kaisi? let us start with any incident - your favourite and then follow up with more, one by one.

so just let the cat out of the bag :biggrin2:. am waiting for my dose of laughter. i do hope others will follow suit.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satchi,

Here is an funny incident !

Before my 12th board exams, as usual I was attending extra classes and many revision tests.

One day as I was writing one such test, my pen's cap slipped and fell down. I bend down to take it..and what did I see ..the footwear on my left leg was black in color and that on the right was brown (not exactly brown..almost black. But different cut shoes nevertheless) :eek:mg:. I don't know how I wore it . I was sitting on the first row...don't know if my teachers or anybody else noticed it. For the rest of the time, I did not concentrate on anything else.
    As soon as the exam was over...I dashed out of the hall and headed to the cycle stand. My friends were puzzled and I could hear somebody asking..how did you do the exam? what happened, you not well?
    I didn't care to reply.

I cycled my way to home so fast..that had Lance Armstrong seen me cycling that day, he would have quit from his profession :biglaugh:biglaugh.

From that, I have learnt a lesson ..to keep one shoe pair far away from the other .

Now are you laughing :notthatway:. This thread is meant for us to laugh at ourselves..So only I should be doing the laughing :rotfl:rotfl..not anyone of you .

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

It was my brother's marriage time. My parents, relatives were busy with some work. I was 18 that time. They asked me to cook.
    Using my great culinary skills i made Rasam. I didn't know why Rasam was in a different colour. I finished cooking and started serving food for everyone. My mom was searching for Mehendi leaves and was surprised to find it at Kitchen. Yeah instead of curry leaves i used mehendi leaves from refreigerator. :bonk. Not to mention everyone still teases me royally about it.

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Hi Saraswati,

that was a good one. i had a good chuckle. nice to see there are others too who do such things. this has happened to me three times when i first joined a job. in fact the second time i did this, one of my colleagues said that the next time i did it, she would break a coconut. she still owes me that promise actually. she did not fulfill it the third time!:)

7. satchitananda

hi blackbeauty,

so the mehendi ka rang rasam mein bhi chhad gaya. good one. thanks for sharing that one. it would nice if we could keep at this and others would also join us. looking forward to more laughs.

8. Saraswathipv

Oh Satchi.. you too :rotfl. So I am not alone.

blackbeauty..hehe.

I have had such kitchen experiences too. Once I made lemon rice, without lemon juice :crazy. That time for me the color yellow in rice was enough to call it lemon rice.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  9. satchitananda

here is one on me. it was the early days of my marriage. i am a kerala aiyer born and brought up in maharashtra. my tamil has always been a source of amusement to my cousins and relatives who lived in chennai. on the other hand, my in-laws are hard core tirunelveli-tanjore types, who have lived in t-nagar in chennai. lethal combination, what :)?

soon after my marriage, i was working in the kitchen. dh came along and asked for the "todapam". I said, i had put it out to dry out on a branch of the tree outside. he looked puzzled, and asked me "on the tree"? i said, "yes, on the tree". he went out, looked, came back and reported that he had not found it. i insisted that i had put it there just half an hour ago. he went out again and came back with the same reply. i got exasperated with him and said, "aankhen hain ke button, you have 4 eyes (he wears glasses), can't you see this", and picking up the wiping cloth which was drying out handed it to him. imagine the look on both our faces, when he informed that "todapam" was a jhadoo, not the wiping cloth. i had thought that "todapam" referred to something with which you wipe (todaikyardu). at home we used to refer to the jhadoo as "choolu".:spin :drowning

3 people like this.
  10. Saraswathipv

:rotfl:rotfl