Just for laughs

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Naksh, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

Hi Cindy!! :hiya
    Looking forward for one of your story too ! When are you sharing it??? :cheers

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

Hey Thanks.. Missed to read that you have elected me as the legal advisor of the FWH club ! :coffee Okay what next ????? :)

On the FWH club!!! I love it.. Nice.. Funny When Happened!!! Catchy too.
    Hope everyone else likes it too!!!

3. Saumyamom

Saumyamom Silver IL'ite

good one guys ,Would like to become a new member here .:)
    Would like to contribute my bit in which who other than I was the DINK

I would like to name my incident as the "DUCK DIP' ,So in 12th grade we went to a picnic to one of the entertainment parks in the city called fantasy land.It didnt have a whole lot of entertaining rides so at the end we had to be contended with some elementary rides meant for 5 year olds .One of them was "DUCK DIP" where there were big plastic ducks with seating space floating in a shallow lake .I was having quite a good time in the picnic with my friends and almost when our ride in the "duck dip" was about to be over they started playing my favorite song in the park so I couldnt stop dancing vigorously to it .And then it was our turn to get out of our "ducks" ,so my friends asked me to stop dancing so that I could descend out of it gracefully but I refused telling them at the max I could only make my moves a little slower and told them how they should learn to be COOL and just when i was telling them my legs slipped off the platform and here I was floating with all the plastic ducks in that pond:drowning and all my bags were flaoting with me and the ducks too.All my friends were busy collecting my bags from different ends of the pond while frowning at the people who were going mad laughing and commenting like"Wow,Nice duck" .. After coming out of the pond i was all wet with water in my shoes and socks and all the boys of my class went overboard making fun of me ..thus ended my fanfare:hide:

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nice incident of Over-sound party, alattal aandaal :)
    Haha...Good one shmira. Thx for sharing, BTW - which sport is it?

5. Shmira

Shmira Bronze IL'ite

Hey Saumyamom
    Very funny :thumbsup. I imagined it and could not control laughing. Can we all call you "the duck dipper" officially now?

Yours reminded me of our recent family outing to seaworld here. Its just my cousin, his DW, me and my DH. we had been playing all these pay and play fun games and didn't make anything at the end. Me and cousin's wife (jst say my cousin) were not happy that whatever prizes we got is the result of our DH's game and wanted to do something for ourself. We came out we saw a duck game hoarding.

the DHs paid the man the money he asked for (5 bucks for one person to play this game) and asked us to play it. These two DHs didnt know whom the game was meant for and they wanted to make us happy trying one last game before we leave that place and try our own chance to win something.

Myself and my cousin asked the man what we should do and what we will get. He gave a big wide mouthed net with long handle asked us to dip it in the water and catch one duck and he said three chances ... :rotfl
    We both laughed our *** out!!! WE could not stop laughing while we put the net into the lake , got one prize each. We were scolding our DHs for paying 5 bucks for that silly game (in our regional language only ;) ). The man later told us understanding why we were laughing that this game was meant for toddlers to have fun. And there is no restriction adults can also play :rotfl.

Believe me even a 2 year old would catch duck each time, so three ducks. How many ever duck you catch the man said its going to be one small bear doll as the prize. So there is no talent required to play it, its purely to encourage kids.... And we two big adult donkeys played it too with little embarassment after hearing it was meant for kids..... :hide:

So ur duck dip reminded me of our little story!!! :biglaugh

Well done, u duck dipper , u gave me a good laugh !!! :p

6. Saumyamom

Saumyamom Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha ha :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hi soumyamom,

that was hilarious. thanks for the good laugh.:rotfl

8. satchitananda

thanks naksh. i guess even the spare parts up in your brain are in pretty decent nick seeing as your sense of humour is pretty good.

talking of the shoes, the price in 2004 was something like Rs. 8000/- :biglaugh. my mom (who is very socially conscious) was mortified :hide: the way i started laughing out loud in the shop! the price struck later (zor ka jhatka hai zoron se lagaa). i mean, imagine her daughter behaving so unbecomingly in public and all that. what happened to the strict upbringing and all hanh?

as for today's incident, (hey, this is a great idea, it makes you reach into your past for something really funny, and it is a good exercise for the grey cells sitting contented and well fed inside their box upstairs!) -

talking of spare parts and repairs, i was reminded of my childhood when tonsillitis decided to visit me and give me some quality time. naturally my parents were not particularly chuffed by the company i kept :frown:. they decided to have the counsellor (read doctor) come in and try to control this wild behavior tsk of friend tonsillitis. he tried to cajole her with some sweets - antibiotics - to leave. but my friend, being of a rather persistent nature, thought staying longer might get her some more of her favourite sweets.
    so more stringent measures were needed - they thought if they tried to needle me and insert some pink fluid called penicillin into my blood stream, it might just make my friend a bit guilty and she would ultimately leave.

but no. tonsillitis just stayed stoically (stiff upper lip and all that) by my side. i am really impressed by her loyalty. but that does not necessarily mean that i was very approving of the methods being used at my expense to get rid of my dear friend.

every day i would have to be cajoled into visiting mr. counsellor with whistle lollipops (i do not know whether these still exist. these were lollipops with a slit near the tip through which one could blow and produce a whistling effect - talk of the innovativeness needed on the part of adults to keep their offspring happy!). despite my tender age, i was not above demanding a bribe to deliver the goods - even if it be my own backside to have a needle inserted into it (they seemed to think, i was some fancy variety of pincushion :rant). oh these highly corruptible babes and infants shakehead.

despite everything, tonsillitis would make her sneaky entry to visit me from time to time. it was on one such occasion that mr. counsellor came to visit us with his pink liquid. i went into :hide: mode (quite literally below the bed). some time was spent looking for me (eventually my elder sib - odious creature - called out "mili", though that was not my name - even 7 years after bullying me, she had still not managed to get my name right, the dimwitted one). i managed to slip her clutches and ran behind the house, up a flight of stairs and hid in the corridor of the upper floor. the said sib, however, not being a variety of person who gives up so easily followed me and again shouted "mili" :evil: and started chasing me down the corridor and stairs. after that, the events that followed were what laurel and hardy and charlie chaplin films were made of . there was poor me running around the building, with odious sib chasing me, momma dearest bringing up the rear followed by mr. counsellor with his much loved pink fluid threateningly held in hand. needless to say, that the results of three adults following a hapless little person were all too predictable.

but poor me. my friend's misbehaviour was something i had to pay a heavy price for. soon an exorcist was required to remove my friend's presence. i was taken to mr. surgeon, to have her exorcised. that was not something i could endure so stoically :shaking:. the morning of the exorcism, mr. surgeon did a good imitation of mr. counsellor, chasing me round the bed to stick some colourful fluids into me with a needle. after that came a period of waiting, during which my mom and dad were keeping themselves amused with some mundane conversation. i am not a great fan of such irrational procedures such as exorcism. i requested them, quite reasonably i think, to go home. they thought, i was a brainless, witless chick :roll: and just humoured me saying "ok" but showed no signs of moving their backsides. so showing my early streaks of independence, i took my own decision and walked out of the hospital and onto the street. it must have been about 3 minutes later that my absence was noticed and parents followed me and poor hapless me was recaptured and delivered to mr. exorcist aka surgeon.

by next day, i had given up my resistance movement. mr. counsellor visited us home with his inevitable pink fluid. after he had had his early morning quota of fun, i boldly confirmed with my mother that we would not have to see his face ever again for all of eternity (as she had promised me before the exorcism) - loud and clear for him to hear right in front of him. in spite of all they had put me through, i feel sorry for my poor mom's mortification and for mr. counsellor's squirming (bless his soul, he has proceeded to the next dimension with his favourite pink fluid and needles). this time they tried to bribe me with ice creams, but to no avail. the exorcism had rid me of any irrational desires i might have had of eating such vile stuff!

by the way, you could address me as satchi.

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

thanks cinderella.

10. satchitananda

mstrue, sorry, i did not mention earlier, your incident with the ceo was hilarious. must have blown a hole in his ego. wouldn't i love to have been a fly on the wall!:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh