Track Your Anger Control Progress

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Naksh, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

People…this is not about how to control your anger..as a single click on google would fetch you loads and loads of resources to find the tips and tricks. This is more of a log, along the lines of how you are faring through the process of controlling your anger. Each of us wanting to control our anger, can log in our daily instances where we successfully controlled our anger and also the instances where we could not and lost it…

in other words…idea is to form a group of Angry Men and Women :evil:…tracking their progress..receiving ‘good jobs’ , ‘cheers’, and ‘thumbs ups’ for the control we demonstrate and ‘chal koyi baat nahin…march nahin to sept main dekhlenge’…’take it easy, there is always another chance’..when we fail…….there are always loads of irritating people out there for us to test our control on ..:biggrin2:..good no of sample items to practice our anger on…

I will go first and log mine:

This noon on my way back to office from home after lunch, there was this van infront of me…moving like a snail….(I can not usually tolerate slow moving vehicles, so when cops not around the corner..I would drive past them with as much speed and sound as I can make,,,throwing irritated looks at them… …driver’s face gets registered some look frightened…and once am past them, I feel very sorry for them and keep looking in the rear view mirror …)…..so today, just about 15 mins ago I controlled myself and did not scare the driver…I keep saying to myself…what if the person in there is scared of driving faster in this snow..what if it was someone from my family…how would they have felt …miserable…the thought of my family feeling miserable did the job…I gave him/her…his/her own time…and kept whistling n singing…:whistle ’gaata rahain mera dil…tu hi meri manzil’….

There I did it today…so go ahead folks…if you think this is a good idea and good way to control the anger…log in your instances…and progress.

2 people like this.

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Forgot the main part: Rules.. Rules :lol:
    1) We should forget not to appreciate the person who demonstrated the ‘control’ ...now i demonstrated so congratulate me :crazy
    2) We should not be harsh to the people who lost it, they must have been feeling bad and we don’t want to add to it on the top…so lets be gentle to those who lost it and see that they stay focused for the next chance life throws at them....

Edit: FOlks...i am starting this thread in chit chat forums, because eventually at one point..it would be moved here ...thanks to us..crosstalkers ...he he he

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Oh nice thread Naksh..ok i'm happy to congratulate you first on your "angry control progress" and you are right aboud we the crosstalkers and i appriciate your future reading power :biglaugh

Basically i dont get angry easily..but when i get irritated by someone or something i keep silent without any words..as i dont want to hurt anybody with my angry words..and give them a smile.. it helps me to cooldown..thats all..
    i couldnt demonstrate a particular insident..but this is my way to control anger..

1 person likes this.
  4. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

great trait Cindrella..not getting anger....good good.. and hey thanks for the appreciation :) ..i did a good job today? have i not? :tongue

Keepign silent ---that is your way of controlling..there you go..Good Job.

bolded part: thats why i gave you Luna character form HP :) shes like that..super cool.

Edit:This thread folks- purpose is: We, know we dont mean whatever we say while we are in anger mood...but the other person would not know it...and take offense and starts trouble :)

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I will get too busy with this thread if I post :biglaugh

(But I do a better job these days than in the past :))

Two days ago - there was this incident, but I can tell you that I controlled my anger quite well. Yay!

6. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful.. Wonderful SP...:hatsoff

Write in here whenever you feel like :) ,,,you are already getting better at controlling anger...am sure in near future we will see no posts form you in here........except for congratulating or encouraging.

7. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Congrats Naksh ji on a fine thread about anger control!!!:thumbsup

For me I don't get upset easily. It takes a lot to even get me to that point. But WHEN I do, look out! You could say I am very diplomatic. I don't worry about things, I become concerned only so I can find a solution. Most people don't know what to make of me as they try to push all the buttons for me to react.:biglaugh

SP ji!
    Yaar do write something!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

Oopally.(Cameo appearance)!

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I am jealous reading that :)

You always do cameo appearances! :) Happy 2011 to you too

9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Same pinch, Madame Cameo.. err.. Oopall! :)

Naksh, :thumbsup Good thread!
    I do not get upset easily and even if I do, I cannot (and prefer not to) speak when in anger.. I just move away or do more strenuous work.. or clean up or cook or something.. :rotfl works for me. sad or upset or anger, shutting my mind and mouth is the first thing I do and can do. :biglaugh

10. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Nice thread Naksh :thumbsup

ANGER is something I'm still learning to emote.
    If I express my anger, people have good fun with me. I don't know what is so funny about my anger. :bang Always I must advertise "Hey, I'm angry" [Nan kovama iruken kovama iruken! :) ] to let others know about my anger.

So how do I handle my anger?
    Lock myself in a room and start the rhyme "Mummy......... [​IMG] "