Chit Chat Corner

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by DNM, Nov 25, 2010.

1. kamatchivalli

kamatchivalli New IL'ite

Re: Finding out an ILite is someone you know on the outside...

Hi Mithy....
    Naan nalla irukkaen....How are you?

SA vs Eng....Disappointing outcome but it was not one-sided match....happy abt that....Broad's pace bowling...good startegy from Strauss btw...
    Ind vs Ire....kadavulae...Ire-spin bowlers doing a great job...ball turns beautifully and Indian batsmen struggling a bit against the spin bowlers....:bonk....Pathan- breath of fresh air...finally...Ivangakitayae ithanai kashtamna....:rant

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Big shots from Pathan :)

Ire bowled well, and bowled to the field.

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Hi Spidey,KV,Mithy,Naksh
    Good morn..

DNM Glad to hear to that DS is doing better. I know the doc must have already told u this but just in case...
    Cough is just a way the body gets out the mucus from the body. Now any milk product
    milk,yogurt increases the mucus production in the body.
    So it might be a good idea to cut down on the milk and yogurt atleast for a few days. This work 100% in all my kids cases.No mucus No cough.
    Now when I do give milk during this time I boil milk with pepper and turmeric powder ,strain it (with the tea thing) and add a dash of honey (Not much ). My boys call this yellow milk and they actually like it. This really helps with the cough.
    Good luck ma take care

Jaya take care !

Spidey sorry I changed the tone of the thread..back to cricket!

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Hi Mithy!

Hi Jag! No probs - the thread is for tangent and cross talk. The standout feature of the thread is there is no topic

Suja - India 'finally' beat Ire. Should have done it easily, but....did it.
    Sorry abt KP - I was teasing him, but sad to know he is most likely out of the WC with injury now. Latest news on espncric

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  5. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mithy, Cinders and Jag for checking up on DS.

DS is doing better in terms of no fever and more activity. But also more cranky and prone to chucking up food because of the coughing so it is tiring for me. He has lost more than a third of his body weight and his clothes are all hanging lose on him...

Jag - DS is on soy milk as it is coz of dairy allergies. He is on wheezing medication - albuterol which sorta helps makes his cough more productive. I run the shower scalding hot and keep him in the bathroom for the warm vapours. I tried the pepper corns but because he is not eating anything solid and is drinking only 1.5 bottles of soy milk a day, the heat and the spice of the pepper was too much and he got the runs. I feel like I am in a 'munnala pona kadikaradhu pinnala vandha udaikaradhu' situation.

6. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Jaya - Missed your post earlier. Sad to hear that you are still not doing well. Tough luck to have so much work at your job as well on top of that. I can't imagine how you can concentrate on anything with earpain. Poor thing you! You certainly have grit to manage this. Take care of yourself. Rest when you can. Hugs.

KV - Are you a lil bit better, what with being with your family for the weekend and watching the match with them?

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

DNM paavam kutti DNM rombha rombha paavam..wheezing :(
    How are u holding up girl ?Weekend konjum respite irundada?
    Glad at least the fever came down.

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

DNM - that must be really tough. I really hope he gets alright soon.
    Hang in there.

9. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Hi you all...hows everybody doing.......am back form smokys.....:) it was ncie. i have some pics taken and will upload soon and write abotu it later today. just wanted to swing by to say hi to all.

And i see DNM ....that Baby DNM s temperature is controlled now ..thats a good thing...and he yet has to recoup a bit...hmmm keep saying it to your self DNM..just one mroe day and things will be fine....they will be fine for sure. Poor guy. Am sure he is kept hydrated, this is important.

DNM - Would taking him out onto balcony/gymboree/a mall cheer him out ? and may be we can try feeding him there so he would eat while he is busy looking at the crowd?

10. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

hi DNM..its nice kutti is little bit ok..fever is in control..soon he will be fine pa..

Spidy congrats..:cheers
    Suja..Spidy..india won..i know its going to end like this so naan match pakallai..watched only at last..:biggrin2:

Naksh..enjoyed smokey..:thumbsup..upload pics ..did little guy like the place..

jaya..hi ya..how is your cold now..

i wish all our friends should come out of these bugs soon..

hi jag...

hi mithy how are you..