1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me in choosing the best designer outfit for my brother's wedding !!!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by SumaRaj, May 7, 2010.

1. SumaRaj

SumaRaj New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

My brother's marriage is coming up next month in June.. I am planning to do some shopping in Chennai probably in the last week of May as we are going to India only that time.

I need some help in selecting the best outfit to wear on my brother's marriage.. As such, I am not a big fan of Silk sarees. :) And, I already have them sitting in my closet, wearing them occassionally. I cannot think of any dress other than sarees, so please suggest me something trendy and fashionable and yet can please my in-laws eyes :idea and if possible some good color combination (as I am not that good in color selection)!:bonk!! Please mention the stores from where I can get the best as once I reach T.nagar, my head starts spinning seeing all the big ones:spin..

And, my DD is 6 yrs old..please suggest what will be nice for her other than the usual pattu pavadai..

Looking forward for all your responses.
    Cheers,
    Suma

2. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear Suma,
    If you don't like silk sarees just do some research on party sarees on google and other search engines. You can also shop online if you want.

For suggestions other than saree you can choose from Lehenga, chudidar,salwar or different styles of Garara or Sharara.

For your daughter I can only say that go with comfort level..Indian outfits are cumbersome for little ones. Maybe for the main function she can wear a cute lehenga choli with the lehenga syle more skirt like (fish cut).

Hope this helps. I always gpo on photo sites like Picasa,webshots and look at wedding albums to see if I like any outfits as well.

FL

3. SumaRaj

SumaRaj New IL'ite

Thank you FL for suggesting the picasa album ..I am already looking into it now.

I like your suggestion for my daughter..

4. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Great ... Did you decide what you want?

FL