1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Engagement saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by amihere, Nov 28, 2008.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone out there:hiya
    My engagement is fixed for februaury and I would like to do my shopping from Trissur or Ernakulam.Please guide me which shop offers us the best one's in quality and price.Am short of medium frame and wheatish in colour.My choice is a dark green(godrej green/mehndi green) saree.Please suggest me which colour will suit me best.Thanks in advance for all the suggestions given.

:thankyou2:
    Ami

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ami:hiya

First of all congrats for your engagement....:clapThough i m not very much familiar, i have heard and seen about Jayalakshmi Sllks....Joy allukas wedding centre, Seemati at Cochin....

At thrissur, Kalyan Silks - i guess has wide number of saree collections...Ya, dark green (bottle green) colour would be suitable.even blues, reds, magenta will suit you..

You can try designer sarees for the engagement rather than our normal pattu saree (kanjivaram) for a change....Nowadays girls prefer designer sarees..Very beautiful collections are available..

Try the shops mentioned and let us know..Also if possible send pictures of your sarees selected...

Hope you find the information useful......Bye

Roopa:thumbsup

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Roopa
    Thank you for ur suggestions n wishes:) Even I prefer designer to pattu saree,but my mom and every one want me to wear pattu saree.
    Will post the pics of saree i bot

:thankyou2: ami

4. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi ami,:)

Try and convince your parents to buy designer sarees...these are latest trends..for your marriage you can follow our traditions...i guess if your mom sees the designer sarees collection at these stores, she would change her mind...

anywayz.happy shopping..........:thumbsup

Rgds

Roopa