1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is exposing necessary for fashion

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by lakmesirigiri, Jul 31, 2015.

1. lakmesirigiri

lakmesirigiri Senior IL'ite

I belong to a middle class family and brought up with traditional values . So what I post may be very awkward to some people but I personally noticed that a woman is seen as a woman no matter she belongs to a rich family or other classes of society. May be people don't say anything in front of them but men surely gossip behind her if she is found exposing clothes .

Now a days I have seen women wearing sarees think it's a fashion to wear deep necked blouses and blindly flowing the trend they forget when they wear that and go out with a such deep and broad neck the back looks almost naked. It doesn't matter they are fair or dark but if they have broad shoulders and heavy figure it is sure to attract the attention of people to her back. And may be some comment loudly while other look and keep quiet .

This is not only with the blouse but with the netted sarees and blouses. Ladies especially middle-aged I mean in their forties wearing netted sarees forget that it shows their bulging stomach and heavy hips if they are not in proper shape. Men surely feels this aunty is exposing.

Women wearing kurtis , sometime the cut is from above the waist and bit of her waist is visible. Most of them use leggings under the kurtis the shape of their legs is very noticeable if they have slim legs it's fine but ladies with bulging this and heavy hips that again seems to be exposing.

I think there no end to this if I keep writing about each dress. Some dress and models May look good on models in cinemas and magazines and people don't mind that when they see it on screen but if the same is done on streets it sometimes looks odd.

What I personally feel is exposing is not fashion, wearing something which suits your personality and wearing it in a decent way according to the occasion is fashion .

Anusuya and RashmiRocks like this.

2. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

Fashion is not about exposing our body.

Elegant fashion can be showcased even without exposing our body.

Anusuya and lakmesirigiri like this.
  3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Op, I found your post funny.you are saying that heavy women wearing deep neck blouse, or leggings is exposing, so what is your view about men wearing vest and lungi in public? You must have seen lots of fat pot bellied uncles wearing vest and short but in India only women will be scrutinized.
    Please, give a break to women , let them dress up the way they like!!

BhumiBabe, sindmani, Anusuya and 11 others like this.
  4. Seemaprincess

Seemaprincess Junior IL'ite

If you're able to manage what you're exposing then you can wear anything. If it suits you then only

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Fashion is not just exposing. It is exposing in an elegant manner. If your body is a bit too heavy, then better dress up in accordance to it.

1 person likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Why the judgment?
    If you have 'middle class values' and conservative dressing ,good for you.
    Not every one is same.Some like to expose a bit and look sexy...in their eyes,they look good and feel good.Not all conservatively dressed women look good and attractive . Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there are too many eyes to judge,so one might as well wear what makes you feel good.

I say more power to people to live the way one wants.As long as the law of the land is upheld ,go for it.

There are too many stupid rules for something as simple as dressing.
    If you are above a certain age,don't wear bright colours.
    If you are bigger than a certain size,wear only dark colours and cover up.
    If you are a certain colour,stick to certain colours.

WTH....just wear what makes you happy.Happy people look good and make people around them happy.

Feeling happy >looking good for other people.
    Cheers!

sindmani, Anusuya, mithra12 and 4 others like this.
  8. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

From when kurti and leggings became exposing dresses? Wearing deep neck blouses is individual choice. According to this thread women who are heavy should just cover up them selves. They can't even wear a kurti. Why so much of issue is made on dressing for women. They can wear what ever they want. For people who comment, we can't do anything just ask them to get a life...

sindmani, Anusuya, lazy and 3 others like this.
  9. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

live and let live......

Dress as you wish, whatever makes you comfortable, as long as you are within the social boundaries, and not unpleasant or awkward.

1 person likes this.
  10. mitali123

mitali123 Bronze IL'ite

Dressing is very subjective. And to an extent, society always will have something or the other to comment upon, whatever way you dress. If its not about deep broad necklines, or backless blouses, it would be about the colour or any thing else...so things can be ignored to an extent. At the same time, it becomes important where you want to wear these dresses to. You cannot wear such dresses if going to temple or satsang or even outdoors for buying day to day stuff. If its a party, you can see what would suit you. So you are the best judge of what and how to wear, rather than judging people. Dont do anything to avoid comments or just to please random people around you.

2 people like this.