1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing according to body type

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by sarah123, May 16, 2015.

1. sarah123

sarah123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

For many years I have been wearing traditional outfits like shalwar kameez. I m in my mid 20 s and wear jeans very rare like once in a week and had so much trouble in choosing for buying new pair of jeans. I bought or still buy many different outfits which looks good on me in fitting room but once I wear afterwards I don't feel much happy/ comfortable and they pile up in my wardrobe occupying space. I wonder when I see others wearing different outfits which absolutely fits properly on them and they carry them with very ease.

I too wish to look trendy but my poor fashion knowledge and hesitation towards shopping made me sit back. In the recent past, I started to think about the various number of outfits available for all sizes In western wear and tried googling basic steps of fashion.

sharing the info with you all: so someone might benefit from my tips and help them, esp if you are interested in western wear.

1) it's absolute necessary or kind of learning alphabets, thing is to know your body type- basically there are pear shaped , hourglass shaped, inverted triangle shaped, rectangular shaped body types. Some of the surveys shows that the highest percentage of women have rectangular body shapes in these days.

2) take the tips for ur body shape from websites for the respective outfit.

3) 'petites' - did u come across this word or seen in malls? Someone who is below 5"4 is called a petite.

Thanks

2. NimitaD

NimitaD New IL'ite

Hey thanks for sharing this. I think you should try Calvin Klein Jeans India for a perfect fit. I recently bought one from an e-commerce website named Major Brands and trust me it's worth it.

3. Ishika009

Ishika009 Senior IL'ite

One size does not fit all. It is important to dress according to your body type. This actually makes you look good.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Knowing body type, skin colour and size is more important when choosing fashionable cloths. Also, your hair style, and other accesaries should match well with western dressing than traditional.

I can go with my lose hair, plait or half clipped hair with shalwars, but when it comes to short skirts or jeans, lose hair suits good on me. Also, the hand-bags and footware too takes a huge role as a matching source here. Perhaps, that is the reason the good dress at the mall, looks not so good when dressed without proper matching accesaries.

Dont go for too tight one when you are not used to or comfortable with - however it look nice and sexy, the end of the day, what makes you feel comfy is the one makes you beautiful.

Similarly, the deep neck ones, sleeveless and short dresses look cute depending on the body size.

Choosing the right color is important. Not more than 3 colors in any dress. That is the fashion key

5. ladiesfashion

ladiesfashion New IL'ite

women come in lots of shapes and sizes instead of every dress flatters everyone type.key is identifying your distinctive body type and choosing the best Dresses for Women to flatter the body best depends on your look and feel beautiful, comfortable, and confident..

6. hijabsforher

hijabsforher New IL'ite

Body type, skin colour and size is more important when choosing fashionable clothes.

7. Ashley21

Ashley21 New IL'ite

Hello friend. Try Calvin Klein jeans. Hope you will like it. I am in the profession of modeling and working in modeling agencies in dubai. If you want more brands i will guide you. But try first this..
    [TABLE="width: 247"]
    [TR]

[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

8. gurmeetkaur1

gurmeetkaur1 New IL'ite

Excellent information, Greate to know that Someone who is below 5"4 is called a petite. Thanks

9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread n useful too !!!!
    Just to add , u have left "Apple" shaped ppl i.e. body type- apple,pear,hourglass,rectangle....