1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Asking Tailor for a low neck blouse

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by habbo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. habbo

habbo New IL'ite

I am from a conservative family,
    Just moved back with my husbands family, after my husband left abroad.
    tough to find tailors here, unlike in the city.
    I wear a little low neck usually, not much, i am a little heavy on the chest.
    The tailor i have tried here stitches almost till my throat :( (figuratively)

Any one from village sides can you pls tell me how to tell him without being seen a slut. wasted 3 blouses already.

2. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Habo,

I had the same experience in coimbatore. The problem for me was all my salwars had no shape. The chest was always too too tight. The tailors had no concept of shaping it according to your figure. I had to discard so many salwars because I could never wear them anywhere. Their idea is that the breasts should always be flat and not shown. MY suggestions is that you give a sample and ask them to replicate, which they will do wonderfully. If you give measurements they always spoil it.

Regards
    Uma

3. habbo

habbo New IL'ite

thanks for the reply Uma,

4 down already,
    yes, they always assume we want to flatten our chest,
    Even the measures he himself takes, that time also he makes sure to "tight" them,
    The sample has not worked, it is miserable compared to the flats, it forms a cone, he did something.
    Seriously want to leave this place.

4. habbo

habbo New IL'ite

Hope to probably travel to the city some time, and not get groped and find my usual tailor

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  5. jeenumers

jeenumers New IL'ite

hi you can ask any friend or relative who is near your fav tailor to stitch blouses and courier it to your address. you can send sample blouse and blouse pieces through courier. courier charges are not that much. I have so many friends in metros who send blouse pieces to their mothers address and stitch it perfectly. I hope it will help you.

6. sangichristi

sangichristi Senior IL'ite

hello u can probably find a female tailor who might understand what you need rather than feeling that the male tailor might grope. A friend of mine used to give her blouse for stitching to another female tailor friend of hers. my friend always wears thick sarees which are not transparent as such so her friend used to stitch her wide low neck blouses which really suited my friend. The only problem is the slightest of slip in the pallu and your cleavage gets exposed. i am sure u can find a a suitable lady tailor to do it
    sangeetha

7. habbo

habbo New IL'ite

Thanks Jeenu, they are on their way, thankieeeees!!!!!

Sangi,
    I am pretty open minded, groping was not my problem(never stitched with female tailor so far), not getting my way is what i dont like. Cleavage is something i am proud of, its a part of me, I never hesitate thin sarees either. I always pin my pallu :)

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I suggest you learn to sew so that you can alter items. JMO. Not saying sew from scratch everything.

Actually I can understand your frustration. There is only one tailor I have found in India that sews the way I like and with good quality. Usually it's so tight you feel like a sausage. Move the wrong way and risk explosion.

9. sangichristi

sangichristi Senior IL'ite

hi, if cleavage is no issue then its ok as to what u wear. its like some like low neck blouses but wear them under thick sarees.

10. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

hai habbo,where u living in coimbatore at present.i know some good tailors in coimbatore,ll help u regarding that....