1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kameez & saree Trend 2014

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Kera, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

Its that time of the year where I am out shopping for desi clothes for Eid. I always try to get 1 outfit thats the newest style so I have variety of clothes/style. This time I walked in to the 8 local shops in Detroit & was very confused like last year.

Previous years the style was very obvious. When the net anarkali came in, that is the only style present in all the shops. YEars before when patialle (short kameez) came in style, it took over the store. Last 2 years it has been unclear. The stores have short kameez, long kameez, floor lenght kameez, churdhari, patalli, shalwar ...etc all on display as the latest style.

I know what looks good on me, that is the knee lenght pataliali (sorry about misspelling) but I make a point of buying a new style on Eid.

Last year after my initial visit to the store and being confused, I did intensive research online & learned the FLOOR LENGHT ANARKALI was the "newest thing". So I made it a point to try on as many floor lenght as I could find & see if there is one that suits me. Over the course of a year, I ended up with 3 floor lenght. One I love love, 1 didn't suit me & i ended up giving away & 1 is casual fancy that I like too.

This year I am confused again. I see lot of these floor lenght or almost floor lenght style. But I am content with the 2 I already have.

What is new in the fashion of India when it comes to Kameez?
    Also in saree, what is new?
    Last year I was eyeing those velvet top & net/lace bottom half saree. The year before I was eyeing lehanga saree. What is the newest thing now?

2. rainbowresh

rainbowresh Gold IL'ite

Anarkali suits are always in vogue!
    Followed by salwars and anarkalis with a waist coat /over coat (short) are on high demand. Also salwar kammez with side tying up with thread ...like overlap style is the new trend.
    Saree's - thick and grand zari saree's and transparent Georgette saree's with floral lace designs with heavy design blouses(visible thro the transparent Saree) are in vogue. Enjoy!!