1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions needed for buying designer wear.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by helpmeangel, Feb 28, 2014.

1. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Ladies,

We come across so many fashion pages in facebook selling saris,suits,anarkalis at an outrageous price.

Have you any experience buying from such budding designers and were they worth the money?

Can you also give me some good sites from where you have bought ethnic wear?

Thanks!!

2. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Helpmeangel, I would suggest G3fashions... I won't say they are cheap but they definitely sell their products much lesser than all other sites... I gave compared them with many sites and I concluded thst they offer the best price... Also I have seen many other products sell I stitched salwars for that expensive rate but u can get readymade sakwars from g3 at a much lower price... They deliver on time too... Cbazaar also sells good stuff but their prices for most of the salwars are very much high when compared to g3... I just noticed that u had asked about fashionandyou in the other thread... I am sorry I have no idea as I haven't shopped anything from there... If they don't deliver u the tight product or if there is some fault with it, u can send it back to them and get back ur money... If they fail to do it, u can file a dispute against them... So don't take tensions... :) and I buy pattu saris online and it's always either from Nalli or pothys and I have never been disappointed even once...

1 person likes this.
  3. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

One more thng that I forgot to add is the shipping prices... That's ridiculous on most of the sites... Utsav gives u free shipping for orders above 99 but please stay away from them... They are real cheats... Sareez gives u free shipping for orders over 49 dollars... CB gives u free shipping on orders over 200... G3 doesn't give free shipping at all... And all these sites(esp CB and sareez) always has some offers... Sareez especially gives u very good offers(like flat 25 to 28 percent off on salwars)... If ur in India, then all the sites offer free shipping... If I order something at the time when my parents are visiting, then I have it shipped to India or even if I am going to India, I of the same but all other times, I get it shipped to the US...

4. helpmeangel

dear Yahoo,

Thanks for such a detailed reply. Am going to try out the sites as suggested by you. Will get back to you soon with my experience. :)

5. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

I would like to add one more thing... Tht s when u use ur international credit card for shopping, make sure u use Paypal gateway to make the payment... Don't use CCAvenue... If u use Paypal, u wouldn't be charged the international transaction fee... Otherwise u have to pay like 4 dollars for every 100 dollars(not sure of the exact amount ok)...

6. helpmeangel

Thank you soo much Yahoo!! :)I will keep that in mind..I was going through g3 and found a few nice pieces.. will need to check them out again before ordering them.. thanks for the recommendations..

7. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

Hi don't buy from cbazaar i bought too suits and they took almost 4 months to deliver it and i have spent lot of my times on phones and email with them. their customer service is worst and more over they will return your money in the form of store vochers...

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, how do you decide if a ready made Anarkali fits you or not? Wouldnt that depend from one brand to another? If I take medium and if it gets too small or too big, will they exchange for the right size? If yes, who bears the shipping cost again?

9. helpmeangel

Rakhii,

I have the same question as well. Also, how about the length of the suit? How will we know that it will fit us or if it is too long/short for us? Can we alter Anarkali suits to fit our height?

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

No HMA, its very hard to alter the length. The tailor has to pretty much open every stitch and redo it. Else, the shape around the waist would not be right. If he is opening every stitch, I am guessing, he is going to charge us as much as the suit cost us.
    I am almost concluding its better not to buy any readymade suits online. Saree is a different story.